[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Joseph

Hello! First of all great mod!
However, I think something is wrong in my current game. It's day 20 and still nothing major happened: no raid, no traders, etc... I had a couple of people offer help and once there was a locust event but when I looked for the locusts I coundn't find any. The storyteller is set on Hildegarde Hell.
I had a look in the debug logger and the only thing which seemed relevant is the following:

Getting random element from empty collection.
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.GenCollection:RandomElement(IEnumerable`1)
SK.Events.IncidentWorker_PrisonerRampage:TryExecute(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.Storyteller:TryFire(FiringIncident)
RimWorld.Storyteller:StorytellerTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

there is a "4" next to it in the log so I guess it happend 4 times. Is it failing to generate incidents?

In my previous two games it seemed to work just fine. Although, in the last one I had an abomination spawn and start killing animals, but for some reason it was invisible.. which I thought was a bug, so I did a clear reinstall of everything.

sidfu

Quote from: Joseph on April 13, 2017, 07:40:08 PM
Hello! First of all great mod!
However, I think something is wrong in my current game. It's day 20 and still nothing major happened: no raid, no traders, etc... I had a couple of people offer help and once there was a locust event but when I looked for the locusts I coundn't find any. The storyteller is set on Hildegarde Hell.
I had a look in the debug logger and the only thing which seemed relevant is the following:

Getting random element from empty collection.
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.GenCollection:RandomElement(IEnumerable`1)
SK.Events.IncidentWorker_PrisonerRampage:TryExecute(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.Storyteller:TryFire(FiringIncident)
RimWorld.Storyteller:StorytellerTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()

there is a "4" next to it in the log so I guess it happend 4 times. Is it failing to generate incidents?

In my previous two games it seemed to work just fine. Although, in the last one I had an abomination spawn and start killing animals, but for some reason it was invisible.. which I thought was a bug, so I did a clear reinstall of everything.

1. the abomation should have been spawned off the map. its a stock game bug. no creatures can spawn invisible as that would mean a texture failed to load and u would get a purple box.
2.the locust event is buggy. somtimes they do spawnin base but most time they fail to spawn or at the edge of the map.
3.the prisoner rampage error can be caused by alot of things for example a prosner that is unable to walk and event fires on her.

Entropy147

I noticed that artificial limbs (i.e bionic limbs) and quite a lot of medical stuff are now considered to be implants, is this intentional?
Edit: It turns out that this doesn't cause any issues with replacing limbs

EpicGunBlast

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Explosion.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ExplosionManager.MapComponentTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Map.MapPostTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Map:MapPostTick()
Verse.Game:<LoadGame>m__72A()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update()

Cant seem to figure out where this problem is coming from, was looking if anyone could help me out  :-\

sidfu

Quote from: EpicGunBlast on April 14, 2017, 11:09:55 AM
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Cant seem to figure out where this problem is coming from, was looking if anyone could help me out  :-\

its a bug that happens sometimes with a explosion. to get rid of u have to open the save and a text editor and find the explosion data its seeing and delete it all. far as i know this shoould have long been fixed or atealst happen less often so make sure u useing most updated version from the git by downloading the master

EpicGunBlast

Quote from: sidfu on April 14, 2017, 12:04:41 PM
Quote from: EpicGunBlast on April 14, 2017, 11:09:55 AM

its a bug that happens sometimes with a explosion. to get rid of u have to open the save and a text editor and find the explosion data its seeing and delete it all. far as i know this shoould have long been fixed or atealst happen less often so make sure u useing most updated version from the git by downloading the master
Thank you :) its all fixed now

Zakhad

Hardcore SK in a nutshell. - razor rain is a bitch.

And then 30 minutes later I get this a trader with animal genocide

Slipshodian

Quote from: Zakhad on April 15, 2017, 09:19:22 PM
I kinda hate it myself that you can't really build out in the open at all, lest you lose your base to random events. Had one base up for about 8 hours of playtime, only for rocks of doom to fall in a similar fashion, and left most of the map barren as a result. I was just up to getting a solar flare protection going too........

Zakhad

Anyone know what happens if you decline the terminator event? as in does it happen again a year later or something?

Canute

Quote from: Slipshodian on April 15, 2017, 10:53:29 PM
Quote from: Zakhad on April 15, 2017, 09:19:22 PM
I kinda hate it myself that you can't really build out in the open at all, lest you lose your base to random events. Had one base up for about 8 hours of playtime, only for rocks of doom to fall in a similar fashion, and left most of the map barren as a result. I was just up to getting a solar flare protection going too........

At last the devs reduced the frequency of razor rains, i played a version it happen multiple times the year. Impossible to create an outside base.
But even without razor rains there are too many other meteor events that made a nonmountain base a very difficult thing.

QuoteAnyone know what happens if you decline the terminator event? as in does it happen again a year later or something?
Don't know but i know when you start a 2. colony you can get a terminator event there too.

TheLemonBread

Okay, i have the next problem - When i start the game in a Temperate Forest [with hardcore SK Enviroment 2.0 version], then i can play for a while, and then it's crashes. And when i start the game in Boreal Forest, it's loading, and then crashes. In the output log it is written that Out Of Memory it's a problem. [or something else] Maybe someone know a solution for this problem, or maybe the Author of the modpack can make a version for the weakest PC of this modpack. It would be nice. :)

Canute

Try to play on a smaller map.
The Enviroment 2.0 is pretty new, the Mod devs are still playing/tweaking around with it, since Rimworld is a 32 bit only app, there will be allways a memory problem. And Hardcore-sk is a hungry monster.

Tollazor

Hey everyone. Been a long while since I played rimworld and Hardcore SK.
Is there a recommended story teller and difficulty to get the most out of the mod? I usually just use the default Cassandra with rough settings.

Cheers.

Canute

The vanila storyteller arn't "hardcore" :-) Try the 3 new ones they come with the modpack. But like a dev wrote once, the first 2 years no big events will happen anyway.

gms0012

friends.. is the mod still working? i always get some errors...

I copied the file ModsConfig.xml to this here:  C:\Users\USER\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config

and the content of the zip to this folder:  D:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods

i did not delete anything (i have no other mods). when i delete the core folder in "...mods"... the game is only black...

did i make a mistake?

tried now a lot.. (with and without delete). but i still got error messages and after a game start i have the original ModConfig.xml in the folder...

any advices?