[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

sidfu

when their a update all the changed files are listed. u can also go thru each area in git and see which are changed.

have to remember sometimes changes cant be modfications of thousands if segments of xml.

Captain_Goatse

Is there any way to have a list of the materials effects for buildings and items? I stumbled by chance on the fact that a workshop made of Tin has a speed bonus (why?) and that a bed made of Hemp has a healing bonus (whywhywhy?)

twisted067

Is there a trader that buys plasma bolts/charged rail rays/charged laser beam/charged ray rail etc, ammo types? 7 years into my game with half of that having a comms console for trade ships, and so far nobody buys/sells this ammo type. By now, I'm pretty sure I've encountered all the trader types available. Bug?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Captain_Goatse on April 27, 2017, 07:39:30 PM
Is there any way to have a list of the materials effects for buildings and items? I stumbled by chance on the fact that a workshop made of Tin has a speed bonus (why?) and that a bed made of Hemp has a healing bonus (whywhywhy?)

Believe there is a google doc that is updated that has a list of all materials and their modifiers. Think you can find that pinned on the HardcoreSK discord.

canshow

Had a T-1000 join me. T-800/T-1000 + insectoid raid on me afterwards. Used dev mode to restore body parts/heal random injury on a colonist .25 hours from bleeding out. Then had this pop up on me when trying to save. I reverted to an earlier save where the first event and the T-8/T-10 raid happen and don't have any issues with saving. Running latest version for A16

Edit: Looked at world map, getting a bug on caravan description of the t-800

sidfu

disable colonist bar it has issues with aleins. OOM on load is a base game bug nothign we can do about that.

Kellion

Hey, I played this mod a bunch but I noticed everything breaks down really quickly, and the larger the base the more things need maintenance, even capsules which are designed to last hundreds of YEARS break down in a week...

Is a mod responsible for this? Which one is it, because its kinda insane having to assign 6-8 dudes fulltime repairmen. And there's no bots that you can craft that will do that for you. Last I checked at least.

Apart from that, It's a modpack that must be played like Dorf Fortress, which is quite entertaining. Love all the new factions!

wolfgang784

Been enjoying Rimworld for a few weeks now in vanilla and am pretty excited to test out this mod pack a bit. Running into a bit of an issue though. I loaded up a new world with 6 colonists and some basic gear to start me like usual, but even for the number of mods the game is taking a ridiculous amount of resources. My i7-5820k clocked at 3.3GHz is maxing out all 12 cores to 100% with the colonists just standing around, so the lag is terrible. With the game closed my usage is 1-4% since the only other thing open is google chrome with pandora running like usual when I play. Rest of the system is 16GB of DDR4 RAM and a GTX 980ti.

Side note, which mods would you guys recommend me reading up on before playing so its not too confusing? I did play for a few minutes through the lag just to see some things and I couldn't seem to make a door because it kept saying no resources despite enough wood that I had a wall up already.

Canute

Quote from: Kellion on April 29, 2017, 06:59:28 AM
Is a mod responsible for this? Which one is it, because its kinda insane having to assign 6-8 dudes fulltime repairmen. And there's no bots that you can craft that will do that for you. Last I checked at least.
There are 2 things
1. things can break, and you need a component to fix them, that is vanilia gameplay and still happen at HCSK too.
2. Useable things slowly degrade and need to be fixed, that is indeed a special mod that also include into HCSK modpack.

Once i got the terminator i let him do most of the maintance job, while i force my main constructor to do important constructions.
Since the terminator is pretty fast and don't need sleep, it becomes fast the high skilled one.

QuoteBeen enjoying Rimworld for a few weeks now in vanilla and am pretty excited to test out this mod pack a bit. Running into a bit of an issue though. I loaded up a new world with 6 colonists and some basic gear to start me like usual, but even for the number of mods the game is taking a ridiculous amount of resources. My i7-5820k clocked at 3.3GHz is maxing out all 12 cores to 100% with the colonists just standing around, so the lag is terrible. With the game closed my usage is 1-4% since the only other thing open is google chrome with pandora running like usual when I play. Rest of the system is 16GB of DDR4 RAM and a GTX 980ti.
Unfortunably, the modpack isn't perfect. Sounds like you got an repeating error that cause the lag.
Try to disable the colonistbar mod, and look if that help with the lag.

Kellion

Ok cool. I found the one called Fluffy breakdowns, I'll take my chances with the Random breakdowns. But I'm looking forward for a Terminator to join in. Those guys can really take a pounding.

PeTeTe809

Colonists set to tame animals go and grab the needed food, and they eat it. I have no idea how to produce an 'error' log assuming there is one. I went in dev mode and opened the debug log thingy and no popups there on action.

The handler is full, in fact this guy gave himself food poisoning a few times. When prioritizing the tame function he moves to take the needed treats and eats it, ate a batch of 28 coconuts on top of his jerky meal.

Might be a case of working as intended.

Canute

Do you use the modpack only, or do you use addional mods like Smarterfood selection too ?

canshow

Good mod overall. Just some things to complain about (even if they are about the packed mods);

-Mountain terrain compared to rest is super imbalanced
-Loading main menu and save games takes forever. Is this the high def textures causing it?
-If terminator bandit faction is set as hostile, why do they still send them as visitors to colony disguised as humans? Also, it is possible (and easy) to get them to fight eachother, or move off the map (if faction is non-hostile).
-Locusts hardly ever spawn inside home location (even though the event claims they do)
-Resource costs for buildings is insane.
-Colonists do not use closest available handsinks to wash their hands.
-Duct inlets/outlets and temperature pipes are bugged to hell. They literally cause millions of dev-log entries. (transferring 3.5k C air through pipes to a different location causes no temperature change on the receiving end lol)
-Strange eclipse creatures do not attack/hunt
-I have a feeling nuke fallout event is bugged. (I got the event text pop up (and resulting terminator death) only 1 out of 3 times (1st time the event happens in the game each time))
-Sometimes meteors don't destroy grass and other foilage. (could just have to restart the game.) 

Edit: Damn, looks like meteors are bugged for my entire game now,  they do no dmg to anything.

sidfu

Quote from: canshow on April 30, 2017, 03:18:38 AM
Good mod overall. Just some things to complain about (even if they are about the packed mods);

-Mountain terrain compared to rest is super imbalanced
-Loading main menu and save games takes forever. Is this the high def textures causing it?
-If terminator bandit faction is set as hostile, why do they still send them as visitors to colony disguised as humans? Also, it is possible (and easy) to get them to fight eachother, or move off the map (if faction is non-hostile).
-Locusts hardly ever spawn inside home location (even though the event claims they do)
-Resource costs for buildings is insane.
-Colonists do not use closest available handsinks to wash their hands.
-Duct inlets/outlets and temperature pipes are bugged to hell. They literally cause millions of dev-log entries. (transferring 3.5k C air through pipes to a different location causes no temperature change on the receiving end lol)
-Strange eclipse creatures do not attack/hunt
-I have a feeling nuke fallout event is bugged. (I got the event text pop up (and resulting terminator death) only 1 out of 3 times (1st time the event happens in the game each time))
-Sometimes meteors don't destroy grass and other foilage. (could just have to restart the game.) 

Edit: Damn, looks like meteors are bugged for my entire game now,  they do no dmg to anything.

1. of course moutain gonna be imbalanced as moutains spawn ore deposits. there nothing we can do there. cause it would look wierd to have deposits of raw mats on surface on plains with no moutains
2. yes and no to textures causeing long load times. the texutes do increase it some but not much. alot of it comes from it loading xml. hardcore sk has alot of xml entries to read. inface the core sk folder has more xml than the main game
3. there are 2 factions for terminators. u have the raider type terminators that randomly raid u. then u have the ones that are assiated with the skynet events.
4. the locusst spawn is known bug caused by base game
5.did u read the name this is hardcore sk. not base game use raw ore to make everything.
6. bad hygine does hygine like food unless its low enough they dont use. they treat a sink like its a source to shower or bath in so if u have something that gives higher aka shower or tub they go to it to wash. what it does give is something they can use randomly to top off or for u to right lcik an dhave them use.
7. we had no reports by others that the HVAC of redist heat is throwing errors. we use a older version of it that should be  working fine as current most updated one has issues.
8. dont understand what u mean about the nuclear fallout incident?
9. are u sure its a metor or not just razor rain. razor rain dont realy do much. metor event is a 1 hit massive crator hit.

XDevilDanteX

Guys, I tried to make sterling silver alloy, but colonists use 200 of silver and 30 or about of other ores...
It is a bug or what?