[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

canshow

Quote from: sidfu on April 30, 2017, 02:52:32 PM
Quote from: canshow on April 30, 2017, 03:18:38 AM
Good mod overall. Just some things to complain about (even if they are about the packed mods);

-Mountain terrain compared to rest is super imbalanced
-Loading main menu and save games takes forever. Is this the high def textures causing it?
-If terminator bandit faction is set as hostile, why do they still send them as visitors to colony disguised as humans? Also, it is possible (and easy) to get them to fight eachother, or move off the map (if faction is non-hostile).
-Locusts hardly ever spawn inside home location (even though the event claims they do)
-Resource costs for buildings is insane.
-Colonists do not use closest available handsinks to wash their hands.
-Duct inlets/outlets and temperature pipes are bugged to hell. They literally cause millions of dev-log entries. (transferring 3.5k C air through pipes to a different location causes no temperature change on the receiving end lol)
-Strange eclipse creatures do not attack/hunt
-I have a feeling nuke fallout event is bugged. (I got the event text pop up (and resulting terminator death) only 1 out of 3 times (1st time the event happens in the game each time))
-Sometimes meteors don't destroy grass and other foilage. (could just have to restart the game.) 

Edit: Damn, looks like meteors are bugged for my entire game now,  they do no dmg to anything.

1. of course moutain gonna be imbalanced as moutains spawn ore deposits. there nothing we can do there. cause it would look wierd to have deposits of raw mats on surface on plains with no moutains
2. yes and no to textures causeing long load times. the texutes do increase it some but not much. alot of it comes from it loading xml. hardcore sk has alot of xml entries to read. inface the core sk folder has more xml than the main game
3. there are 2 factions for terminators. u have the raider type terminators that randomly raid u. then u have the ones that are assiated with the skynet events.
4. the locusst spawn is known bug caused by base game
5.did u read the name this is hardcore sk. not base game use raw ore to make everything.
6. bad hygine does hygine like food unless its low enough they dont use. they treat a sink like its a source to shower or bath in so if u have something that gives higher aka shower or tub they go to it to wash. what it does give is something they can use randomly to top off or for u to right lcik an dhave them use.
7. we had no reports by others that the HVAC of redist heat is throwing errors. we use a older version of it that should be  working fine as current most updated one has issues.
8. dont understand what u mean about the nuclear fallout incident?
9. are u sure its a metor or not just razor rain. razor rain dont realy do much. metor event is a 1 hit massive crator hit.
1. Hey, ore deposits are always nice lol. But i meant more in regards to events. Other than infestation there really isn't anything to even it out, if that makes sense?
7. Ok. Well I took the latest version of hardcore sk that was posted about 2 weeks ago. I had an AM reactor in a room under a mountain, and funneled the air to an unroofed area using pipes and outlets/inlets. The temperature of the unroofed area wouldn't change, and the temperature of the AM reactor room would go as low as -190 F when it was cooling down (i had reduced the temperature of the room from 3.5k F (not c) to around 400 F using the pipes and 1 vent when it was under normal operation). The unroofed area was separated from the mountain with doors, and it would take the mountain temp if all the doors were open. So idk. Maybe it's the way an unroofed (not outside) area is treated by the outlets. Temperature was very weird though. In the mountain it was 120 F, and in a small ennclosed area with 5 open doors leading outside was also 120F. Outside temp was always significantly lower.

And in my current game, just the way my base is maintaining temperature is really weird. Outside temp is 16F. I have 8 industrial coolers blowing 16F air into my base, and 2 medium coolers blowing 25F air into an 5x8 meatlocker inside my base. Hallway maintains 70F. Rooms/storage/kitchen maintain 70F. 3 Production rooms around 75F, 86F, 106F (75F, 86F, 80F ish when not being used).
https://puu.sh/vBu9v/64ac4f5c64.jpg
Here is what I see on my dev log;
https://puu.sh/vBuWM/38fa6308a7.png

In my first game, heat is mysteriously disappearing. In this game, heat is mysteriously being created. The industrial coolers being the common theme in both games. There is an issue somewhere, what it is exactly idk.

8. When the colony gets hit by a nuclear warhead. I reloaded an earlier save game whenever this happened. 2 out of 3 times this happened, 2 colonists got hurt. The other time I got a pop-up Terminator event message, and my T-800 was killed. So I am not sure if the terminator event is always supposed to happen when the colony gets nuked (when player has a terminator), or if it's supposed to happen randomly when the colony gets nuked and the player has a terminator.

9. Meteors, meteor showers, and razor rain did not do any damage to terrain or any game objects. This was about ~6 years into my game when it started happening, and reloading the game or restarting the game did not help but creating a new game did. Also, when I loaded a a game that I had saved a few seconds after the meteor shower event activated, it got bugged sometime in the middle of the shower where an explosion/impact sprite was repeating itself in one spot of the map like 20 times a second, causing the screen to shake nonstop. This only happened once, and I wasn't able to reproduce it.

Also, looks like anything with animations causes the game to lag. Antimatter reactor, Nuclear Reactor, Tesla generator, and the Gauss wind turbine are huge laggers. Is there anyway to disable their animations?

Quote from: XDevilDanteX on April 30, 2017, 03:06:19 PM
Guys, I tried to make sterling silver alloy, but colonists use 200 of silver and 30 or about of other ores...
It is a bug or what?

https://puu.sh/vBv5U/2a369ef241.png
See on the side where it says 'small volume ingredients require 20x as much'? Silver is a small volume ingredient. Hence why it uses 200 silver instead of 10. This is through a smelter. 

twisted067

Anyone know where I can make 'launcher weapon components'?

Nvm i found it, I needed advanced metalworking research.

Captain_Goatse

Is there a way to get the text properly translated? That runglish is horrible, and some descriptions are really misleading.

Canute

Sure, join their Discord channel (look at the 1. posting) and get a github account.
Then translate proper and made a merge request.
But aware they change something faster then you can translate :-)

marda87

I have got a problem with making caravans with animals to help me carry my stuff to other places... Everytime I try it my HUD dissapears and I cant even open menu. My game continues like nothing happened but I cant do anything. Anyone got any help?

Canute

Try to disable the Colonistbar from the modlist and look if it helps.

Captain_Goatse

Quote from: Canute on May 02, 2017, 03:03:07 AM
Sure, join their Discord channel (look at the 1. posting) and get a github account.

Sorry tovarish, maybe I was not clear. I do not speak russki. Can you get some russian friend with good English and tell him to make a better translation?

BTW, in the new update I am being attacked way less frequently. Is that normal?

canshow

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_MakeMapCondition.CanFireNowSub (IIncidentTarget target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker.CanFireNow (IIncidentTarget target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.StorytellerComp_RandomMain+<MakeIntervalIncidents>c__IteratorA4.<>m__1FB (RimWorld.IncidentDef d) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[RimWorld.IncidentDef].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenCollection.TryRandomElementByWeight[IncidentDef] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 weightSelector, RimWorld.IncidentDef& result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.StorytellerComp_RandomMain+<MakeIntervalIncidents>c__IteratorA4.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller+<MakeIncidentsForInterval>c__Iterator9D.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Seeing this in my dev log. Events just stopped happening. Got like 6 insectoid raids in a row (in extreme desert climate) mixed in with a nuke beforehand. Also on worldmap, UI disappears if I'm not zoomed in all the way to the terrain. Didn't happen on my last game, don't know why it started doing this on this one. Oh, I built a wall and roof around a geyser. Room temp hits 200-300 F. I build a xenon-ion turbin generator and the room automatically takes outside temperature, and the generator is at a 1% efficiency at a 20F world temperature.

Canute

QuoteOh, I built a wall and roof around a geyser. Room temp hits 200-300 F. I build a xenon-ion turbin generator and the room automatically takes outside temperature, and the generator is at a 1% efficiency at a 20F world temperature.
The turbine consume the heat, like a big duct intake. It need more heat then the geyser can produce.

Quote from: Captain_Goatse on May 02, 2017, 07:07:55 PM
Quote from: Canute on May 02, 2017, 03:03:07 AM

Sorry tovarish, maybe I was not clear. I do not speak russki. Can you get some russian friend with good English and tell him to make a better translation?
Me either.
Since you notice it is a bad engl. translation, you just could write a better one with your mod gameplay expierence and submit them to the github page.

QuoteBTW, in the new update I am being attacked way less frequently. Is that normal?
What did i wrote before,
QuoteBut aware they change something faster then you can translate :-)
The tweak and code around, i played a version once when it was nearly impossible to build outside bases because each seasion a razor rain.

kenmtraveller

Hey,
I love your modpack , but A17 alpha just dropped and I want to try it.   Normally rimworld disables mods when it updates, but I think in your case you replace the core mode, and maybe that complicates things? 
What do I need to do to get back to unmodded A17?  Is there a particular uninstall process I need to follow?

Thanks,
Ken

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: kenmtraveller on May 03, 2017, 02:31:58 PM
Hey,
I love your modpack , but A17 alpha just dropped and I want to try it.   Normally rimworld disables mods when it updates, but I think in your case you replace the core mode, and maybe that complicates things? 
What do I need to do to get back to unmodded A17?  Is there a particular uninstall process I need to follow?

Thanks,
Ken

Easiest method is to delete everything in the config folder, then delete everything in the mods folder. After that, run verify files via steam. It will re download the core files you need and then next launch, the game will recreate the other files from the config folder in default state.

sidfu

Cabdono

Would there be too much trouble in adding (me) and adapting the medieval times mod to this, I ask mostly because there are some great stuff in HSK that'd work in a medieval only playthrough

Lokajus

Hello.  :)
I have a problem with building a simple grill or cooking table, I can't find any way of seeing the resources needed for it. If I hover over it all I see is the building materials needed for the milling stone (which is at the bottom)??????

Ronburgundy