[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

nettobr

Really awesome modpack, I really enjoyed the pace and at my tribal tun it felt like advancing through ages.
I found a few things that didn't really fit

1. The stone mill have the recipe to grind corn into floor and anoter recipe to grinf corn into cornmeal, but there are no recipes with cornmeal.
2.I find the power fuel balance is a little off. The coal powerplant lasts 1month with coal or peat, that are easy to get, but the biogenerator and steamgenerator last only 1-3 days with ethanol or biodiesel. While the fuel powerplant lats 3 days with oil fuel which is harder to get than coal. Maybe its a 0 off on the coal generator, that was suposed to last 3days?
3.I found it hard to create a sustainable pasture with the seeds system since when the animals eat the plants they dont drop seeds. Maybe give the option to grow grass without seeds?
4. The terminators are a little op but they are pretty fun soo IDK
5. Got a huge mechanoid invas with the mechanoid terraformer and got totally wiped, but I guess the difficulty I was playing was the problem
6.Guns are pretty expensive to make especially on non mountain biomes with little iron. Compared to the cost to make them its way cheaper to just buy.
7. Composter recipe feels a little hard because it need to much items like nitre and ash. Maybe it could produce more?
8. The biodiesel producing is really not worth it, the recipe makes only 10 at a time while the ethanol makes 35.

Canute

Quote1. The stone mill have the recipe to grind corn into floor and anoter recipe to grinf corn into cornmeal, but there are no recipes with cornmeal.
Didn't played the latest version so far, but before you could made polenta out of cornmeal and bake something at the oven.

QuoteWhile the fuel powerplant lats 3 days with oil fuel which is harder to get than coal.
Fuel is hard to get ? Maybe you are doing something wrong.
After you build a oil thing, build a refinery before is so the output of the oil goes into the input of the refinery, set the refinery to fuel.
Place a small quantum relay next to the refinery output link it to a quantum warehouse, and a 1x1 empty stockpile at the refinery output.
When you place the warehouse next to the powerplants the fuel get teleport right to it.

Quote3.I found it hard to create a sustainable pasture with the seeds system since when the animals eat the plants they dont drop seeds. Maybe give the option to grow grass without seeds?
Thats an old things since "Seeds please" exist. I suggest you exclude the growing area's for your animals and let them just use natural grown grass areas.

Quote4. The terminators are a little op but they are pretty fun soo IDK
Yes overpowered but very stupid. Did you notice they allways attack the nearest target ? :-)
Use your own terminator as meat shield behind cover, maybe with a shield while your pawns try to attack from the flank.
Don't forget to break the necks on downed T-1000/X before they power up again ! :-)

Quote5. Got a huge mechanoid invas with the mechanoid terraformer and got totally wiped, but I guess the difficulty I was playing was the problem
Yes difficult and the wealth of your colony.
Or maybe you damage the terraformer and started the invasion ? VERY bad idea if you arn't prepared.
Normaly you are just geting a small mechanoid raid after you investigate it. And the big invasion if you didn't stoped the terraformer after all pylons appeared.

Quoteon non mountain biomes with little iron
Same thing like the fuel, you can setup mines on these minerals deposits. They automatical mine for resources until they collapse.
Normaly you shouldn't be short on iron.

Quote7. Composter recipe feels a little hard because it need to much items like nitre and ash. Maybe it could produce more?
There is a better on with better research, which turn any organic materal into fertilizer.

This modpack got a bad learning curve when you play it the first time, but this made this modpack very enjoyable for me.
I hope you survive Zeon ! :-)

nettobr

Quote from: Canute on May 12, 2017, 09:39:23 AM
Quote1. The stone mill have the recipe to grind corn into floor and anoter recipe to grinf corn into cornmeal, but there are no recipes with cornmeal.
Didn't played the latest version so far, but before you could made polenta out of cornmeal and bake something at the oven.

QuoteWhile the fuel powerplant lats 3 days with oil fuel which is harder to get than coal.
Fuel is hard to get ? Maybe you are doing something wrong.
After you build a oil thing, build a refinery before is so the output of the oil goes into the input of the refinery, set the refinery to fuel.
Place a small quantum relay next to the refinery output link it to a quantum warehouse, and a 1x1 empty stockpile at the refinery output.
When you place the warehouse next to the powerplants the fuel get teleport right to it.

Quote3.I found it hard to create a sustainable pasture with the seeds system since when the animals eat the plants they dont drop seeds. Maybe give the option to grow grass without seeds?
Thats an old things since "Seeds please" exist. I suggest you exclude the growing area's for your animals and let them just use natural grown grass areas.

Quote4. The terminators are a little op but they are pretty fun soo IDK
Yes overpowered but very stupid. Did you notice they allways attack the nearest target ? :-)
Use your own terminator as meat shield behind cover, maybe with a shield while your pawns try to attack from the flank.
Don't forget to break the necks on downed T-1000/X before they power up again ! :-)

Quote5. Got a huge mechanoid invas with the mechanoid terraformer and got totally wiped, but I guess the difficulty I was playing was the problem
Yes difficult and the wealth of your colony.
Or maybe you damage the terraformer and started the invasion ? VERY bad idea if you arn't prepared.
Normaly you are just geting a small mechanoid raid after you investigate it. And the big invasion if you didn't stoped the terraformer after all pylons appeared.

Quoteon non mountain biomes with little iron
Same thing like the fuel, you can setup mines on these minerals deposits. They automatical mine for resources until they collapse.
Normaly you shouldn't be short on iron.

Quote7. Composter recipe feels a little hard because it need to much items like nitre and ash. Maybe it could produce more?
There is a better on with better research, which turn any organic materal into fertilizer.

This modpack got a bad learning curve when you play it the first time, but this made this modpack very enjoyable for me.
I hope you survive Zeon ! :-)

1. I think I didn't find the recipes or they are no available but yeah I remember having the polenta recipe and tacos I think
2. I meant the difficulty to get the techs and to build the oil buildings compared to just the mine to get coal. You get a lot of coal with the mine extractor that can go straight to the powerplant while the fuel needs refining and drilling. Also thanks for the tips, I didn't try to use the quantum warehouses yet, gonna give it a try.
3. Never played with the seeds please mod so still getting used to it. But I found flowers dont use seeds so i started growing flowers as grass
4. Yeah after a few tries I killed he terminators easily with my terminator. After that I started using just the terminator to fight the raids, don't even bothered to send the rest of the colonists
5. Yeah, I just let the terraformer sit while I collected the pylons for parts. I guess that triggered the invasion, opss
6. I guess the mines are really essential to build, gotta focus more on them on next run. But yeah the value to sell the components and metal is higher than the value to sell the gun.
7. I started using the composters bins with the small fishs corpses since they produce the same amount. Since a 4meat fish corpse produced the same amount as a buffalo corpse. It would be cool though for them to produce a proportional amount to meat

Canute

Quote2. I meant the difficulty to get the techs and to build the oil buildings compared to just the mine to get coal. You get a lot of coal with the mine extractor that can go straight to the powerplant while the fuel needs refining and drilling.

You need to build the drilling and refinery anyway because you need the other products to made plastic,rubber ....
But after a while you got enough of them, so you can let the refinery just made fuel, which you could sell well too.

thefinn

Captain_Goatse

In the electrical stonecutter, "machining" tab.

thefinn

Wasn't there a way to look up particular items to find out what you needed to research them?

I cannot find anything I need (batteries), it's ridiculous.

Canute

Sorry the reseach tree don't got a search function (yet).
But at the research tree you maybe notice the icon's at the researches, you will find the battery too, but they look different then vanilia ones.
You are the 3. who ask about batteries now at the last month, i think it was electronic basic/micro.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Canute on May 14, 2017, 01:10:29 AM
But at the research tree you maybe notice the icon's at the researches, you will find the battery too, but they look different then vanilia ones.
You are the 3. who ask about batteries now at the last month, i think it was electronic basic/micro.

I saw Sky had put up a YouTube video showing the help system back in action. Most likely still running into some issues I guess.  :(

thefinn

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on May 14, 2017, 03:51:12 AM
Quote from: Canute on May 14, 2017, 01:10:29 AM

I saw Sky had put up a YouTube video showing the help system back in action. Most likely still running into some issues I guess.  :(

tbh I'm kinda glad, I thought I was just inept at finding it as I hadn't played Rimworld in ages lol

Could be a small fix to write batteries into the description of advanced electronics or something.

Kitsune

Are i'm blind or can i be sad that both the fence and the palisade are gone? :'( No early game light defense structure and plantation-defense anymore?

sidfu

Quote from: Kitsune on May 14, 2017, 06:36:33 AM
Are i'm blind or can i be sad that both the fence and the palisade are gone? :'( No early game light defense structure and plantation-defense anymore?

due to changes in wall code pallisades became useless.

Kitsune

Is there a changelog or something where i can read changes? Or is github the only place for information because i tried to read the changes there but i cant really get it because the only info's i see there are mostly the changes in the code, if there is no other way it's ok. :D The work on the mod pack is already lots of work and to document the changes are not a priority in time managment.

MrSpecialSnowflake

Hi, is this a bug whereby raids/visits never happen?