[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

sidfu

the main page lists all mods that have beenin the pack at one time or another.
the pack is perfecly playable right now.

animal hunting cant be disabled cause its not a event. preditors hunt for food now if u look at the prediotr hunting your pawn they are hungry and there no animals small enough they can kill around so they go after yur pawns and animals.

Hargut

Can someone give me some advices please.. ?

Which Items should i wear ? there are so many, i made some but its really really hard to remember and know whats actually good. Leather Gloves are really good from what i´ve seen yet, shoes as well. But there are alot of different kinds - is there like some basic like Padded is light armored and so on or how do the names help me ?

And how do i get Turrets ? i researched the turrets and i made the workbenches but to make this turrets, i need the crate - where teh fack i get the crate ? x(

Thanks!

sidfu

Quote from: Hargut on June 19, 2017, 12:09:04 PM
Can someone give me some advices please.. ?

Which Items should i wear ? there are so many, i made some but its really really hard to remember and know whats actually good. Leather Gloves are really good from what i´ve seen yet, shoes as well. But there are alot of different kinds - is there like some basic like Padded is light armored and so on or how do the names help me ?

And how do i get Turrets ? i researched the turrets and i made the workbenches but to make this turrets, i need the crate - where teh fack i get the crate ? x(

Thanks!

every item but for stone blocks in hcsk has stats. when u make say a leather hat from rodent leather its stats will be differnt from say a cowhide leather hat.

remember clothes normaly dont give a neg to work speed but armor always does.

you have to find out how u like to play. some people jusst like to make elaborate trap systems so their pawns never realy need to worry about armor. others like a solid row of armored pawns fighting.

the mod pack includes some lockers that can be claimed by a pawn and when a raid starts u can swap out gear instanly.

weapon crates need to be made or bought. use the help and search for the crates name and u see where its made.

Canute

Quote from: Hargut on June 19, 2017, 12:09:04 PM
Yeah it is very hard to compare all these things.
Like sidfu mention, armor stats vari with the material you made them.
But if you just want look at the special effect of armor/weapons. Use the develop mode, spawn a few armor/weapons, inspect them and use the destroy tool to destroy these items.
There is no overview or wiki that show all these kind of items or material stats.

QuoteAnd how do i get Turrets ? i researched the turrets and i made the workbenches but to make this turrets, i need the crate - where teh fack i get the crate ? x(
If you arn't sure use the colony manager.
Search for crate, and if you don't get an result you didn't build the nessesary workbench yet. But if i remember right at the A16 version the bench called like heavy weapon assembler.

Lonfield

Quote from: sidfu on June 19, 2017, 08:50:37 AM
Quote from: Lonfield on June 19, 2017, 03:19:40 AM
I've experienced some decent lag problems when I reach something around 10 colonists and start having a decent ammount of machines working. Any ideas on how to reduce that lag?. In Vanilla i have the same problems on 15 colonists and with no storage systems, what for what I've noticed reduces the lag

thanks

u can disable some mods next game like calute said or u can more specalize your people. the most common issue of lag later game with alot of pawns is people haveing their pawns able to do everything. that means every job gets checked constantly.

have 1 main job for them to do then a sub job for when the main job is finish or say waiting on more mats like a crafter then 1 last just in case job like hauling and cleaning so they dont be idle.

u can also save some fps by only having say a few be switch flippers( preferably ones that dont go far from base) and have everyones firefighting disabled till u acutaly need to fight fires

This is what I meant!!!, thanks!. I knew the reasons the game was lagging, but didn't think about giving them like exclusive jobs.

I've already disabled some minor mods to improve performance.

Thanks for the help

Edit: I've found another doubt. I think it may be related with the new version but my walls are not looking as cool as before, they have that vanilla look not the old school rusty one from the last time I played in a16. Have I messed something?

Hargut

There is a extra folder in the mod rar. Its named "highres surfaces"

u have to put it intro Mods\Core_SK\Textures\Terrain\Surfaces

MightyGooga

Im Sorry @Hargut,

But i dont think thats the problem. I just updated the modpack, and Im getting the same problem as @Lonfield. The walls are not getting the nice textures from A16. I checked the Texture Folder, and the sprites are there. Something is not loading them right in the A17 version.

I tested your proposal and it didnt work.

Hargut

oh ye u right, i didnt play A16 so i didnt know they looked TAHT different xD

Iam not sure but i play the normal girl story teller on rough and its nothing happening pretty much. Iam 2 years intro the game and had like 7 raids and 2 poison shipz

sidfu

the new wall texture are currently disabled at the artist request while he is on vacation u will have to wait for them but they will comeback

xRude

I am having a lot of problems

I used the EdB Prepare carefully to delete all original starter characters and added 4 of my own
Orassan, Human, Asari, Nova.

When i spawn in the map the orassan has a different skin colour than i set it to have and the human has this kinda cyborg eye ( always ) with different hairstyles ( I want him to have the emo hair style )

Everytime i try to create  new colony and load from that preset, everything is fine in EdB but when i spawn in the Human always has a different hairstyle and the orassan has either dark brown or white skin colour ( i set it to tan ) and the Asari has this green skincolour with no hair, always, no matter how much time i try to repeat the spawn

a major issue is that i cannot draft the human, 10+ repeats, none of them i can draft the human and he always has this terminator eye and a different hairstyle, he's the main character for me. any solutions?

screenshots
EB - http://prntscr.com/flv084
On Map - http://prntscr.com/flv0ix
Cannot Draft human + orassan took off all her armour a few seconds in - http://prntscr.com/flv1k8

Canute

sidfu

its not recommened to use PC for aliens. the human like ones like nova should be fine. but asari and ossarain have issues at times. for 1 pc cant tell if a backstory is limited ot just a alein race and some like asar cant have hair.

if u want to start off with 1 of each this is hat i recommend. pc the single human. start game. enable dev then save and spawn in random asari and such till u get 1 u satisfied with. thats the safe least headache inducing way.

u can blame game for not having any support for aliens being the cultpult

SilverDragonLord

(nvm found where it was located) Just so ya know, the song used in the intro is copywriten and will lead to strikes if used on any videos. It can be found in the coreSK/intro folder.
http://www.5alarmmusicsource.com/#!details?id=5452843

sidfu

Quote from: SilverDragonLord on June 20, 2017, 02:31:40 PM
(nvm found where it was located) Just so ya know, the song used in the intro is copywriten and will lead to strikes if used on any videos. It can be found in the coreSK/intro folder.
http://www.5alarmmusicsource.com/#!details?id=5452843

sent him a message about it will send u a message on what he says about it.

MightyGooga

Hey peeps,

Im having this probloem with A17. Sometimes when I tell a character to reload, it wont reload the full cap of weapon. This happened with bows, and rifles. I checked and they are all carrying ammo. Is this a thing? Other times they reload fine.

EDIT:

Nevermind, the pawn was trying to load the 2 metal arrows, and it suppose to reload with the stone ones I assigned. Which is weird, becouse why he kept the metal arrows it it wasnt assigned? Well...

Can I ask something: Where do we stand on adding rimsenal mod to this pack?