[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

blaktek

Please disregard my previous post, I wasn't aware of the need for different levels of research benches.  :-[

Which leaves me stumped, again. I need a hi-tech research bench to further my colony. To build this bench, I need plastic. To make plastic, I need a petrochemical laboratory. To build that, I need the petrochemical plant research, which needs the deep drilling and multi analyzer researches.

Those researches need a hi-tech research bench !

I could wait for a caravan carrying plastic to come by, but that will take years. I'll cheat the bench in, but not willingly.

worldspawn

Quote from: worldspawn on June 24, 2017, 10:57:40 AM
It may already be in the thread but I searched and can't find it. When I start a new game, 2 of my 3 colonists are blue and have randomized equipment/skills that aren't respecting what I selected in prepare carefully. Anyway I can resolve that?

Found it, in prepare carefully when randomizing a character till I found something to build off of, it was changing the race to Nova. Saw a earlier post of how PC wasn't working for non human races.

Canute

Quote from: blaktek on June 25, 2017, 08:48:52 AM
Please disregard my previous post, I wasn't aware of the need for different levels of research benches.  :-[

Which leaves me stumped, again. I need a hi-tech research bench to further my colony. To build this bench, I need plastic. To make plastic, I need a petrochemical laboratory. To build that, I need the petrochemical plant research, which needs the deep drilling and multi analyzer researches.

Those researches need a hi-tech research bench !

I could wait for a caravan carrying plastic to come by, but that will take years. I'll cheat the bench in, but not willingly.
Hmm
if they didn't change much at A17 research, you NEED to be able to research and build anything by your own. Yes many things need cross-researches very annoying and confusing when you use HCSK the first time.

toreador

Anyone have any idea why I have duplicate context menu entries for almost everything?

For example:
'Consume Blueberries'
'Pick up Blueberries'
'Pick up Blueberries x10'
'Pick up Blueberries'
'Pick up Blueberries x10'

GFireflyE

Have been a long time fan of the Hardcore SK mod for Rimworld. However, I put it away for a bit since...I think it was 14C.

Now I'm coming back to it in 17a. :)

Is this a fairly stable version? Any known bugs or nuances that players should be aware of prior to starting?

Thanks! Love the work you guys put into this mod. :)

Lerin

Game breaking issue. Sometimes Saves cant be load, dont know why so.

Arkaile

I've run into this same exception in two colonies now. The game runs just fine, but if I save and try to load after a certain point I get this message. The exception seems to occur soon after winter starts. I have Skynet SK turned off in the second colony; I doubt it's related at all but I may as well mention it.

Exception from asynchronous event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorld.Plant.MakeLeafless (bool) <0x00050>
at RimWorld.Plant.CheckTemperatureMakeLeafless () <0x00046>
at RimWorld.Plant.PostMapInit () <0x00019>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Map.FinalizeInit_Patch1 (object) <0x000d1>
at Verse.Map.FinalizeLoading () <0x00440>
at Verse.Game.LoadGame () <0x002ec>
at Verse.SavedGameLoader.LoadGameFromSaveFile (string) <0x00178>
at Verse.Root_Play.<Start>m__84F () <0x00016>
at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action) <0x00028>

Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

Lerin

Gentlemens responsible for this modification, just write us what part we have off to be able to load game safely.

sidfu

there was a fix for the leafless error about 3 days ago. u need to update to that and have a new game. right not we dont know if its partialy or fully fixed yet on the leafless bug.

right now i recommned a full update of the pack and a new game.

for now till we sure that the bug fixed do these things
1. dont have hardcore enabled so u can have mutiple saves.
2. if u can load a older save when u load in keep game paused and provide a list of plants u notice are green instead of their winter graphic.

Lerin

Quote2. if u can load a older save when u load in keep game paused and provide a list of plants u notice are green instead of their winter graphic.

Playing in areas where winter will never come is a temporary solution?

sidfu

Quote from: Lerin on June 26, 2017, 04:53:37 AM
Quote2. if u can load a older save when u load in keep game paused and provide a list of plants u notice are green instead of their winter graphic.

Playing in areas where winter will never come is a temporary solution?

well a fix was put in 3 days ago. if u updadted since then u might be fine. we just need more to play and if they get the error to report it. if u dont want to worry about it then play on a non winter map.

i recommend updating to newest and jusst play any map u want. we updated the repair and recycle so need a new game anyway if u udpate. but we still need peopel to play on cold maps so we know if its fixed or not.

Lerin

If I remember correctly, it broke my game after update. I updated the game through the updater, one day after your patch, playing again. The error occurred on the "Temperated Forest" map, in the temperature range of -21 to -9. Excluding native vegetation, I cultivated "Cotton" "Smokeleaf" and "Crecopria Tree".

In addition, I used Dubwise modifications to "dubs skylight" to provide light to plants. By the way, you could add this modification to the package and change the iron ore to "metallic" and for example "glass frame".

I hope this is helpful

Canute

I don't think they will add dub's skylights, because thats against hardcore. The skylight allow indoor farming without sunlamps.

Lerin

Yeah i know but, tell me how... Survive playing as tribe, on snowy maps ?
I really like Tribe gameplay and snowy harsh climate, but this is a little impossible.

But balance can be kept ;) Like Lit 60-80%, take care of the walls so that the plants do not wither. Few seeds.

Arkaile

I had actually updated the mod pack last night before I started the second colony. I should also mention it was in a tundra. Anyway, I did more testing this morning using the dev tools to help speed things up at first. I set up a colony which could sustain itself and let it run, saving and loading every 10min, but I didn't get the leafless exception. I then let the game just run on its own through spring and summer without skipping right to winter. I thought maybe something would grow on the map and it just hadn't had the chance to on the first attempt. The only thing I've learned so far, or had reinforced, is the idea that technology likes to troll me. I'll reinstall everything again this evening and give it another try without using dev tools.