[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

pongvin

Quote from: crowman on July 09, 2017, 08:46:01 PM
Could someone PLEASE tell me how to turn off the clock at the top right AND the texture pack? Much appreciated.

clock: options / middle column / untick "show realtime clock"

texture pack: there isn't an easy way, they are integrated into the mods. find and replace the textures individually in the files if you wish.

Quote from: sidfu on July 08, 2017, 09:06:37 PM
i plan to start in a day or 2 if no major things come up in the pack. u already seen bits of it hear and there. the nerfing of jerky to .5 food and needs salt to make. roasted requiring more meat and the package survival meal making a comeback.it cost the ammount of 4  t3 or 4 meals but it never spoils.

I toyed with the idea of having salt play a more significant role in the food chain. It would be awesome if pawns could collect it from shallow water/marsh like they do with clay, and it should be possible to mine in the mine extractor. Unfortunately I can't code this yet.

Slipshodian

I feel the combat mechanics are a bit wonky as of late. I tried to start off a new colony, but my guy with 5 melee and a handaxe can't seem to hit this iguana for the life of him (he knocked it unconcious with a poison dart, so it's blacked out). He's literally been missing it for almost half a day in-game. Once he did start hitting it, he started hitting every possible irrelevant part (front left claw, 1st - 6th toe).

Also, is the bonesaw supposed to have a melee critical chance of 1000%, or is that just a typo? And as a side question, does the armor penetration values stack for some items? because the shiv for example has a flat armor pen of 0.11 but it shows a bonus of 0.13 on the listing.

Zeni

Uh, so what I think might be a hilarious bug has occurred. As soon as I had built a beehive, one of my colonists began pooping out honey as he went around. I think the beehive had just been harvested. My colonist began dropping forbidden jars of honey every few seconds. Confusing, delicious and silly!

Canute

Quote from: Zeni on July 11, 2017, 09:30:43 PM
Uh, so what I think might be a hilarious bug has occurred. As soon as I had built a beehive, one of my colonists began pooping out honey as he went around. I think the beehive had just been harvested. My colonist began dropping forbidden jars of honey every few seconds. Confusing, delicious and silly!
This is an issue with the bee queen, happen at the original beehive mod too, no workaround yet.
Your pawn got a bee queen at his inventory and it die and drop honey. But since it is in the inventory the queen can't vanish and produce honey again. If you want stop that remove the queen from the inventory.

Lonfield

I can't run this mod in A16 version. If I update my rimworld to the A17unstable version it totally ruins my performance even at second or third day after landing while I can, with the recomendations you gave me before play a good game with an small colony, around 9 pawns for a long time in A16.

I use even less mods on A17b but it's somehow impossible to manage for my pc. Is the new version of this mod so resource consuming? Because I can't figure anything else

crowman

Quote from: pongvin on July 11, 2017, 04:43:36 PM
Quote from: crowman on July 09, 2017, 08:46:01 PM
Could someone PLEASE tell me how to turn off the clock at the top right AND the texture pack? Much appreciated.

clock: options / middle column / untick "show realtime clock"

texture pack: there isn't an easy way, they are integrated into the mods. find and replace the textures individually in the files if you wish.

That doesn't work for the UPPER RIGHT clock.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Lonfield on July 12, 2017, 10:16:17 AM
I can't run this mod in A16 version. If I update my rimworld to the A17unstable version it totally ruins my performance even at second or third day after landing while I can, with the recomendations you gave me before play a good game with an small colony, around 9 pawns for a long time in A16.

I use even less mods on A17b but it's somehow impossible to manage for my pc. Is the new version of this mod so resource consuming? Because I can't figure anything else

Did you download the correct version for A16? The newer downloads will be for A17 and will definitely NOT be reverse compatible with an older alpha.

Not sure why you are having major performance problems with this and A17. Are you trying to run other mods with this modpack as well.?

Btw, DO expect a very long start up time, reading and parsing in all the mods that this pack contains does take quite a while, even on a powerful machine.

Lonfield

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on July 12, 2017, 11:26:10 AM
Quote from: Lonfield on July 12, 2017, 10:16:17 AM

Did you download the correct version for A16? The newer downloads will be for A17 and will definitely NOT be reverse compatible with an older alpha.

Not sure why you are having major performance problems with this and A17. Are you trying to run other mods with this modpack as well.?

Btw, DO expect a very long start up time, reading and parsing in all the mods that this pack contains does take quite a while, even on a powerful machine.

I do have the old A16 versions and those are the ones I'm playing right now [I kept a safe A16 Hardcore SK version just in case] . I don't know. I'm just running the modpack removing some mods, trying to improve performance and improve my experience ignoring some content I dislike but I didn't add anything. I think I'll wait until the base game is updated again to see if something improves or the mod gets somehow actualized.

The majot problem is that my pawns are like jumping, it's not actual fps drops but freezes. They move for around 5 tiles, then the game stops, then 5 tiles and like that forever. It happens after the very first days after landing.

Thanks for the help.

Btw, I've just seen there is a mod to keep the prisioners working, is something about this going to be considered to be added to the mod?, I found that that function is quite interesting if we're aiming for a realistic aproximation plus it offers some nice role options.

psninja

just here for a question my colonie was doing super good i just started the plumbing facility and all the water based conduit and a crashed ship part just landed on the map i can't destroy it and there is a spychic drone inside. what technologie do i need to destroy that atrocity ? thanks

ASS090

Is it possible to make a power switch that based on the amount of item in a stockpile switch the power on/off?
I find quite annoying having to micromanage the oil extractor/refinery and have yet to find a way to automate it. Thanks!

Duftmand

I might not be the first to point this out, but couldn't help but notice the vomit sound effect from cryptosleep sickness sounds quite similar to a particular scene in Filthy Frank's "100 ACCURATE LIFE HACKS" at around 1:16 where he coughs ketchup up on his hotdog. Is this a coincidence or is that where the sound came from? Just started playing the mod, ready to get my Sh*t kicked in

Latrostra

nchlsf

Hi all, first time trying out his mod pack and amazed by the amount of stuff inside, kudos to the mod creator.

Im currently facing some problems, would appreciate it if anyone has any tips

1. I always find myself low on iron/ore even at the start of the game, are quarries the best way to get more or should i just keep mining mountains to find ore deposits?

2. the temperature in my buildings has suddenly become really hot, up to like 50 deg celsius, im guessing this is probably heat from some of my production benches like electric smelter etc, but how should i manage temperature properly? do i need to just spam coolers into my living quarters?

Thanks in advance for the help

Duftmand

Hello again. Getting my sh*it kicked in alright. But by a bug. For some reason the colonists now refuse to haul items from the mod like prime meat and beef jerky to the freezer. The path is clear, the storage is empty, but it still gives me the "no empty, accessible spot configured to store it. Tried deleting all my stockpiles, but that didn't work either. It kinda sucks. Is there a way around this other than placing your butcher's table in the freezer itself? hauling stone blocks and medicine to their own stockpiles works just fine too

Axebeard

Is there any way to disable the alien races from the mod? I tried just disabling Humanoid Alien Races, but then the world won't generate.