[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Devinel

just had a bug:

one pawn just decided to give a tresaure to the others and it showed me the treasure will be a gun. then it was "leg gun" so she spawned a leg. kinda funny

Zakhad

Hey, firstly alpha 17 is pretty awesome, thanks to all involved transiting the mod from alpha 16 to alpha 17 :)

My question is: Does anyone know if this is an alpha 17 or is it a new feature of hardcore sk - Whether pawns "give up" and just die?

I've had a couple of cases of this now. One was where a pawn died of "blood loss" at only minor level because he wasn't fed in a timely manner (He went to malnutrition minor and I was watching to make sure he got patched up)

The other time is when I had a pawn die of hypothermia at shivering 10% after being knocked down in a firefight about 1 minute seconds after the fact he was bleeding out but only had minor blood loss, it's like the game is randomly picking eventually fatal affliction they have and rolling a dice to see if they give up and die, perhaps its to do with mood as well but i haven't checked them but surely mood can't be taken into account if they're unconscious :S

Anyways, if you do know anything I would be most grateful.

My version of hardcore SK is commit 473eef60fbc163f4f440adf2d9809774371c386a Merge pull request #1060 from FaHT1k/master, a day or so old.

notfood

That's a vanilla feature introduced in A17. If critical body part goes to 0% pawn dies. Malnutrition going up will weaken their system.

EpicFox

I noticed a decent drop in my fps after almost 5 years. The cause is an advanced mineral miner.
Once I place it on a deposit my fps drops to 30-40.
Turning power off doesn't change this.
Only after removing it completely my fps jumps straight back to 60.
When it's minified I get the "System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error log.
When it's installed and I click it I get the "gave an inspect string over six lines" error log.

<ThingDef ParentName="BuildingBase">
      <defName>RareExtractor</defName>
      <label>advanced mine extractor</label>
      <description>The advanced mine extractor digs deep into the ground to extract rare metal ores. Must be placed on a Deposits of Rare Minerals. Requires power.</description>
      <thingClass>SK.Building_RareExtractor</thingClass>
      <graphicData>
         <texPath>Things/Building/Production/AdvancedExtractor/adv_mining_off</texPath>
         <graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
         <drawSize>(5,5)</drawSize>
         <shadowData>
            <volume>(3.5, 2, 3.5)</volume>
            <offset>(0,0,-0.1)</offset>
         </shadowData>
      </graphicData>
      <rotatable>true</rotatable>
      <altitudeLayer>Building</altitudeLayer>
      <Passability>Impassable</Passability>
      <fillPercent>1</fillPercent>
      <hasInteractionCell>True</hasInteractionCell>
      <interactionCellOffset>(1,0,-3)</interactionCellOffset>
      <statBases>
         <WorkToBuild>18500</WorkToBuild>
         <MaxHitPoints>300</MaxHitPoints>
         <Flammability>1.0</Flammability>
         <Beauty>-60</Beauty>
         <Cleanliness>-15</Cleanliness>
      </statBases>
      <tickerType>Normal</tickerType>
      <comps>
         <li Class="CompProperties_Power">
            <compClass>CompPowerTrader</compClass>
            <basePowerConsumption>2000</basePowerConsumption>
         </li>
         <li Class="SK.CompProperties_RestrictedPlacement">
            <compClass>SK.CompRestrictedPlacement</compClass>
            <RestrictedThing>
               <li>RareMineralDeposits</li>
            </RestrictedThing>
         </li>
         <li Class="CompProperties_Glower">
            <glowRadius>5</glowRadius>
            <glowColor>(255,0,0,0)</glowColor>
         </li>
         <li Class="CompProperties_HeatPusher">
            <compClass>CompHeatPusherPowered</compClass>
            <heatPerSecond>60</heatPerSecond>
            <heatPushMaxTemperature>1500</heatPushMaxTemperature>
         </li>
         <li Class="CompProperties_LifespanDebrisRare">
            <lifespanTicks>2500000</lifespanTicks>
         </li>
         <li Class="CompProperties_Flickable"/>
      </comps>
      <size>(5,5)</size>
      <stuffCategories>
         <li>Metallic</li>
      </stuffCategories>
      <costStuffCount>160</costStuffCount>
      <costList>
         <ReinforcedConcrete>50</ReinforcedConcrete>
         <Component>15</Component>
         <Mechanism>10</Mechanism>
         <Electronics>4</Electronics>
      </costList>
      <placeWorkers>
         <li>SK.PlaceWorker_OnlyOnThing</li>
      </placeWorkers>
      <building>
         <deconstructible>true</deconstructible>
      </building>
      <killedLeavings>
         <ChunkSlagSteel>6</ChunkSlagSteel>
      </killedLeavings>
      <leaveResourcesWhenKilled>false</leaveResourcesWhenKilled>
      <terrainAffordanceNeeded>Heavy</terrainAffordanceNeeded>
      <DesignationCategory>Production</DesignationCategory>
      <castEdgeShadows>false</castEdgeShadows>
      <researchPrerequisites>
         <li>GroundPenetratingScanner</li>
      </researchPrerequisites>
   </ThingDef>

EDIT: I added the minifieddef myself and also removed it to see if this was causing the fps drop but no change.

Valor

Quote from: joeloverbeck on July 15, 2017, 08:42:28 PM
My solar generators worked for a few days and then stopped. They never produce an output, even during the day and when there isn't an eclipse. There's no roof over them. I wonder if some event deactivated them but due to some bug the game never activated them back. Has this happened to anyone else?

Solar Gens dont work in any weather other than clear. Isnt it rainning, snowing etc?

joeloverbeck

Quote from: Valor on July 16, 2017, 05:35:07 AM
My solar generators worked for a few days and then stopped. They never produce an output, even during the day and when there isn't an eclipse. There's no roof over them. I wonder if some event deactivated them but due to some bug the game never activated them back. Has this happened to anyone else?

Solar Gens dont work in any weather other than clear. Isnt it rainning, snowing etc?

It was raining. I changed it to clear weather through the dev tools and shortly after the solar generators started recharging again. I don't recall them not working at all in the vanilla game during rainy weather, although I never played in a jungle with so much precipitation. Oh, well. I will need to research some other generator type to power my oil extractor. Thank you for your help.

EPD

Hi there again,

Small fix from my side - the texture for M42A sniper rifle got white background as a .png. Replacing it every update :D
I would open issue on Githhub, but i forgot my password, and got blocked ^^ Next time

Update 1.
And I have different issue, after i sent a caravan and it returned i completely lost Colonist Bar at the top. I was using ColonistBarKF even if it wasn't in the mod pack list. However now, even with turned of ColonistBarKF I can't get my top toolbar at all...

Update 2.
I am so dumb even after 500+h in rimworld. There is button in bottom right corner to turn it...

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Valor

Quote from: joeloverbeck on July 16, 2017, 06:09:51 AM
Quote from: Valor on July 16, 2017, 05:35:07 AM

It was raining. I changed it to clear weather through the dev tools and shortly after the solar generators started recharging again. I don't recall them not working at all in the vanilla game during rainy weather, although I never played in a jungle with so much precipitation. Oh, well. I will need to research some other generator type to power my oil extractor. Thank you for your help.

If you play in jungle, look if you can harvest peat close to your base. If so, build (research) few coal plants, they are quite cheap, and provide 2000W when fueled with peat, which is basically unlimited resource.  Much better than any solar/wind power.

Chiasm

How does the new jerky rack work? I assume it works like brew barrels, but I can't right click to add anything. Do you need something other then raw meat + salt?

sidfu

Quote from: Chiasm on July 16, 2017, 08:53:44 AM
How does the new jerky rack work? I assume it works like brew barrels, but I can't right click to add anything. Do you need something other then raw meat + salt?

u put salted meat into it not meat and salt

@epd pushed your texture fix in.

Devinel

how i get compost? i build a compost barrel but they dont put everything in it. seems i need to put something else into it.

Canute

Did you try to ask the ingame help ?

- mix raw meat/rotted meat/burn barrel/fecal matter with rotted vegetables to make compost at the butcher table. insert compost into the barrel to create fertilizer.

Devinel

Quote from: Canute on July 16, 2017, 12:54:02 PM
Did you try to ask the ingame help ?

- mix raw meat/rotted meat/burn barrel/fecal matter with rotted vegetables to make compost at the butcher table. insert compost into the barrel to create fertilizer.

i did. found out its the big butcher table. not the small starter one. thx anyway.

Goo Poni

Presuming this to be me needing to update the pack but I don't seem to have any recipes to craft ammo. Ammo table has but four recipes, those being sulfur, gunpowder, napalm and depleted uranium, but no ammunition. At first I thought the recipes have finally been locked behind relevant research so that you only unlock ammo types for weapons that you can craft but searching, say, "7.62" in the help tab yields no results but some machine guns chambered in 7.62. This just an issue I need to update for?

EDIT:
I did download like one of the first packs a month or so ago so I assume it is.

EpicFox

Quote from: Goo Poni on July 16, 2017, 04:10:33 PM
Presuming this to be me needing to update the pack but I don't seem to have any recipes to craft ammo. Ammo table has but four recipes, those being sulfur, gunpowder, napalm and depleted uranium, but no ammunition. At first I thought the recipes have finally been locked behind relevant research so that you only unlock ammo types for weapons that you can craft but searching, say, "7.62" in the help tab yields no results but some machine guns chambered in 7.62. This just an issue I need to update for?
EDIT:
I did download like one of the first packs a month or so ago so I assume it is.

The only research you would need is "Production I". That should be all to be able to craft the ammo bench including all ammo kinds. No further research needed. Your help tab not giving any information is a decent indication that it's caused by missing files. I'd suggest reinstalling the modpack(don't forget overwriting the config.xml).
You can try and continue your current save but if the issue persist you'd need to start a new game.