[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Valor

Is it feature of CE that now you cant shoot over frontliners? I am used to make a double line, but it seems my front line gets shot quite often.

Karnadit

Maybe this get asked a lot but I still cannot find it anywhere. How do I make simple/fine meals? I cant find out how to make plates/tableware or if it is even needed anymore

EDIT: Nevermind, Im dumb and just did not have any vegetables, a ton of fruit though

Valor

Tested the new Jerky and the system is very good, but jerky is a bit underwhelming.
Cons: Takes quite a long time, is instantly ruined outside of bad temperature, weights a lot for traveling meat (0.15kg for 0.1 nut vs pemmican 0.06kg for 0.1 nut. Even simple meal is lighter ...), spoils too fast (just 40 days, pemm has over 1y).
Pros: Doubles the meat nutrition value.

In current state the effort is not worth it, even if you dont have veggies to make pemmican (which is superior by far), its often better to either take just salted meat with you and endure the -7, or if in base roast small ammounts of it for eating.

Suggestion: Make jerky lighter, a bit more nutritious, and make it last very long (2 years). Increase the fermentation duration to 5d in best temperatures.

Edit: It also adds -4 mood modifier ... well.

AnotherFireFox

Ok, I found what was wrong with my install and finally able to run this mod - simple question, can I run this awesome mod with psychology, not colony leadership?

Canute

You can try to add the mod by yourself. But there is no garantee that ie might cause trouble.
In that case you still should be able to remove it without problems.

AnotherFireFox

Great! I'm reading the guide, still don't know what kind of ore this mod has. I wanna play this mod with OHU dropship mod, so it seems that I have to redefine the materials to build dropships. What's the equivalent of Steel, Plasteel, Components in this mod? I'll be super appreciated!

sidfu

psycology works fine with leadership and the mod pack. leadership mod leaders are teacher not leaders and pyscology they are the mayor

ignazflam

Quote from: PhenotypeX on July 15, 2017, 05:50:16 PM
On a separate note: does anyone else think abominations seem completely unbalanced in the early game?

My first wipe was due to abomination. I started tribal start, and whole tribe got not enough firepower to kill it. Hence I agree they are unbalanced.
On the other hand I heard that in mid-game they are unbalanced in opposite way because they are too good source of food.
So my advice is to survive the early and exploit it later. Probably have to bury them alive in stone building.

Anyway not balanced.

Zakhad

Chiasm

Quote from: Zakhad on July 19, 2017, 04:19:05 AM
Is technology ranking up still a thing?

Not in the last run did.  GHXX Tech Advancing worked fine alongside Hardcore SK, give it a try if you want tech advancing.

velve

Quote from: ignazflam on July 18, 2017, 01:13:24 PM
Quote from: PhenotypeX on July 15, 2017, 05:50:16 PM
On a separate note: does anyone else think abominations seem completely unbalanced in the early game?

My first wipe was due to abomination. I started tribal start, and whole tribe got not enough firepower to kill it. Hence I agree they are unbalanced.
On the other hand I heard that in mid-game they are unbalanced in opposite way because they are too good source of food.
So my advice is to survive the early and exploit it later. Probably have to bury them alive in stone building.

Anyway not balanced.

I agree, Could we please have an option to disable certain events with the mo'events mod. Alternatively a way to disable it entirely?

Canute

Did you try to disable the events at colony start with the scenario editor ?
And if you don't want any events, HCSK got the camp mod, edit the max. size of the camp, and settle there. You never get any events at a camp.

ignazflam

You can kite/trap  abomination and pack caravan and change location(anandon old one). I think it is best option for this and psychic or poison ship

Valor

Fuel power plant is very underwhelming compared to coal plant. Coal can be fueled with peat (unlimited easily obtainable resource) for 6 days one filling, with 2000 power output.
Fuel plant uses much more rare resource, that needs to be produced (your boomalopes can never keep up even with one so FSX is not an option), one filling with 80 resources keeps the plant running for about 3 days, produces 3500. Also costs more advanced resources to build.

I cant imagine scenario where I rather woudnt have 2 coal plants vs 1 power plant. And I even bred boomalopes just to fuel it, but poor girls can produce enough even for running one (takes about 25 females to keep up with FSX production.)

Canute

Valor,
i think you allready have oil drill and refinery ?
Do you realy need all the time to made polymers at the refinery ? After a while you got enough and you can made fuel.
FSX you should use from ammo crafting.