[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

orcinator

Quote from: ignazflam on July 18, 2017, 01:13:24 PM
Quote from: PhenotypeX on July 15, 2017, 05:50:16 PM
On a separate note: does anyone else think abominations seem completely unbalanced in the early game?

My first wipe was due to abomination. I started tribal start, and whole tribe got not enough firepower to kill it. Hence I agree they are unbalanced.
On the other hand I heard that in mid-game they are unbalanced in opposite way because they are too good source of food.
So my advice is to survive the early and exploit it later. Probably have to bury them alive in stone building.

Anyway not balanced.

Never found abominations difficult in 16 since you could kite them really easily, though if one appears too early you risk being low on ammo when a legitimate threat appears. My real problem with them was that at some point every pod survivor turned into an abomniation, or a terminator.

Canute

At last at A16 they are very vulerable for the shocker/batons, a few hits with that and they are down. Thats why my terminator allways got one once i could get one.

ignazflam

Wait wait. We are talking about abominations and tribe of canibals start. We do not have ammo different than stone arrows. No shockers or batons. We have spears, knifes and maybe one piece of metal weapon.
The point with every escape pod victim beeing not human convices me to turn off these events.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: ignazflam on July 21, 2017, 11:39:36 AM
Wait wait. We are talking about abominations and tribe of canibals start. We do not have ammo different than stone arrows. No shockers or batons. We have spears, knifes and maybe one piece of metal weapon.
The point with every escape pod victim beeing not human convices me to turn off these events.

In which mod are abominations located? Something you can just turn off that mod, or is it part of CoreSK?

Canute

Quote from: ignazflam on July 21, 2017, 11:39:36 AM
Maybe you could gather enough silver and bought it from a combat vendor caravan.

Thats why i leave the escape pod untouched. You still can open then later if you are prepared.

TA1980

Dear modteam,

is there a way to incorporate the mod Facial Stuff into your modpack or a recommended load order?

Are you planning to update the CE part of your modpack with the CE Extended guns (and the in general longer ranges for machine guns and sniper rifles)?

May I recommend the disease part of PhileasFogg´s mod:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34214.0

(This adds immersion and challenging "realism")

Regards

ps This project is awesome!

EDIT: Apparently your core defines the race twice, is may cause an issue.

blaktek

So... How long is the Nuclear Fallout event supposed to last ? I'm at 2 Quadrums now. I think I remember a message speaking of a 100 days half life, which is 1.75 years, which would mean the total length of the event being 3.5 years.

I'm reaching about 500 days on this colony, been at it for two weeks. Will I have to abandon the place ?

Canute

Why ? You still don't got indoor/under roof farming yet after that long fallout time ?
If your people need to move outside for mining/hauling build uproofed path. Just 1 cheap door each 12 tiles are enough to suport roof.

blaktek

'Twas more about the boring part, actually.  :-\

Survival has been resolved some time ago. So do I have to steel myself for 3 more years of fallout, or will it end sooner than that, or whenever it feels like it ?

Canute

Ofcourse you can take all your pawn and do some picknick somewhere. Maybe you are geting another terminator join event at the new settlement.

PhenotypeX

I'm playing a tribal "lost cannibals" start and my visiting guests won't eat food or sleep in my (guest allocated) beds. Anyone else having this issue?

velve

Hi there,

Is There a balance issue with predators on maps at the moment? Playing a tropical jungle biome and every single edible prey that enters the map is eaten almost instantly by 20+ predators. This makes hauling and chopping/hunting extremely tedious, I get that the jungle is full of predators but there needs to be some sort of animal control in Hardcore to keep them getting out of hand.

The only animals I am able to hunt are the predators, prey stands no chance on the map, as soon as I stick my head out of my perimeter wall I am hunted by a moving map of Lacsodiles.

Canute

If you don't want much animals play on iceshelf !
Tropical jungle difficults are these predators and the fast flora growth. But at last you don't have problems with wood or food.
And don't forget pirates need to cross these predators too and you just need to collect their stuff after they got eaten.

Duftmand

For some reason the game tells me that i don't fulfill the requirements to research advanced metalworking. The little lock symbol is still up in the corner of the project, but i have built a Hi-tech Research bench and it is currently researching. I have also researched all the required techs. It doesn't matter much, but it is kind of strange. Any fix to this?

velve

Quote from: Duftmand on July 22, 2017, 06:01:48 PM
For some reason the game tells me that i don't fulfill the requirements to research advanced metalworking. The little lock symbol is still up in the corner of the project, but i have built a Hi-tech Research bench and it is currently researching. I have also researched all the required techs. It doesn't matter much, but it is kind of strange. Any fix to this?

I found this happens when you still have the primitive bench built. Deconstructing it should get the locked symbol to disappear. Although even though its locked you can still research the tech if you have the 2nd tier bench up. Your colonists will still research.