[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

thamathar

Quick question, on the modpack is there any thing that will switch the machines automatic ?And turn them off after being finnished of using? The auto switch for the Switchers, well I can't prioritize them to the machines, so I was looking if there is a research for it or a mod to do this for me, this would safe alot of power and would be more immersive I would say, I don't to have the machines on if they are not being used

velve

With the new addition of fluffy work tab there is a problem.

When expanding the work priorities list for the detailed custom list, it is impossible to read what's going on. Also the set works in normal mode don't translate over to the expanded view. This is perhaps because hardcore adds so many more jobs that the UI is incapable of handling that many jobs?

PhenotypeX

Quote from: ignazflam on August 03, 2017, 03:59:05 PM
Hello

after 4 games with this mod I would like to share impressions. I like the mod and I am going to use it a few issues I encountered from the perspective of tribal start:

- I think diseases should be more forgiving for tribal starts. Right now every disease means death for the pawn. Probably some low tech level utilities or drugs could help here.
- The terminator event. I was forced to disable this mod. The fact that OP pawn will join my tribe and help to kill other op pawns is blowing my mind and it is something that cannot happen in procedural generated content game.
- Events are too random and sometimes too hard at the beginning. I mean abomination, artifact or darkness can wipe your early tribe instantly.
- The predators, the number should be reduced. For example in my last game 12 landslides , sabrecat and wywern
- I think number of buildings does not necessary has to be that big. How many ovens you need. Right now you got one for bricks, one for metal, one to create metal weapons, 2 for heating etc. Additionally I would like to have some items moved like salt meat from butcher table to cooking table. The reason for that butcher table has higher priority and it is hard to manage these things

This is really good mod pack, keep your good work.

After playing 4 games myself with a Tribal start I would agree with all of this. I have disabled all of the events described because they are not balanced for Tribal and don't seem to scale with difficulty setting either.

Canute

QuoteAfter playing 4 games myself with a Tribal start I would agree with all of this. I have disabled all of the events described because they are not balanced for Tribal and don't seem to scale with difficulty setting either.

Sorry, but i need to say you shouldn't play this modpack them. Most of the modpack are designed to made it difficult, but they give you the tools to solve the problems too.
Not to speak serveral gamemechanics are a bit different from regular gameplay.

-Disease at example, did you notice different material give different immunity gain speed ? When you people are dying, then your beds arn't good for them. Even tribals can made beds with immunity gain speed of 120%.

- Sure Darkness can be deadly for your pawns outside, but inside your base your should be safe if you have lights, and when you don't have enough lights/lamps, just restrict your pawns at these room for a few ingame hours until the darkness is gone.

Just play a regular modded game, i think you will enjoy it more.

PhenotypeX

Quote from: Canute on August 10, 2017, 08:34:20 AM
QuoteAfter playing 4 games myself with a Tribal start I would agree with all of this. I have disabled all of the events described because they are not balanced for Tribal and don't seem to scale with difficulty setting either.

Sorry, but i need to say you shouldn't play this modpack them. Most of the modpack are designed to made it difficult, but they give you the tools to solve the problems too.
Not to speak serveral gamemechanics are a bit different from regular gameplay.

-Disease at example, did you notice different material give different immunity gain speed ? When you people are dying, then your beds arn't good for them. Even tribals can made beds with immunity gain speed of 120%.

- Sure Darkness can be deadly for your pawns outside, but inside your base your should be safe if you have lights, and when you don't have enough lights/lamps, just restrict your pawns at these room for a few ingame hours until the darkness is gone.

Just play a regular modded game, i think you will enjoy it more.

Nah, i'm enjoying it fine, thanks for your concern.  Many of the extra events aren't balanced for Tribal and don't scale properly with difficulty level though.

Canute

At this modpack, Tribal isn't a playwise, it is just a difficult to made research harder.
You NEED to advance and don't stay at tribal tech.

Ofcouse you can disable all events and just enjoy the crafting, yeah maybe they need to create a softcore version for you ! :-)

sidfu

tribals are fine. the issue is most go and play the same playstyle they played in vanilla whihc is a big no no for hcsk. playing like u in vanilla in hcsk= death and or a laggy death.

i always play as tribal an di have no issues. the reason  is
1. i specalize my people.  for example if u watch most play they ahve everynoe doing everything. that is a no no in hcsk as late game that means u gonna have a nice balmy 10 fps. i specalze my people for example my cook is 1 on cook, 2 on hunt and 3 on clean. so when she finish cooking she hunt. when she finish hunting she clean.

2. dont build a billion things. look at what u need now and the near future.

3.dont cop 5k wood and mine whole nodes of stuff. u just asking for trouble.

4. watch your wealth. as stated in 3 u dont need thousands ore early on mine what u need and a bit for future and leave rest for later.

5.have your people carry a melee and a ranged weapon. useing a gun from melee range is asking for missing limbs.

6.build your base with traffic flow in mind.

sociallyawkwardsurvivor

please o pls o pls can somebody do a gdrive link or something for me plsss.   it hasnt been posted to nexus and the other site doesnt work for me. :3

Canute

If you can use nexus or googledrive, you can use github too !!
Click on
"Download latest test version on Github!"
At Github click at "Clone or Download" then "Download zip".
But sure you follow the installation instruction !!

PhenotypeX

Unbalanced doesn't mean too hard. The events I've disabled are ones which are easy and boring once you know what they do:

The terminator event unbalances the game because the extra power it gives makes normal raids trivial to defend against.

The first time you get the abomination event there is no way to kill it with tribal weapons so it will almost certainly cause a colony wipe, but once you know the event is coming you just kill them in their bed, which isn't challenging gameplay.

Darkness is trivially easy to defend against once you know what the event does. This event would be improved by scaling the warning time with difficulty level, so that on higher difficulties you get hardly any time to prepare but new players get more warning.

ThomasCro

I'm playing the A16 version and can't seem to figure out how the mending bench works.

How do I keep my equipped outfits mended?

There is a weird unique menu that comes with the mending workbench.

sociallyawkwardsurvivor

Quote from: Canute on August 11, 2017, 03:33:56 AM
If you can use nexus or googledrive, you can use github too !!
Click on
"Download latest test version on Github!"
At Github click at "Clone or Download" then "Download zip".
But sure you follow the installation instruction !!

I cannot.  Github does not work on my computer.
would somebody pls o pls o pls pop this SKversion17 onto a gdrive for a day and post link.  I wouldloveso much to have this

Arkaile

After adding cybernetic arms and legs to one of my colonists, I noticed she didn't equip gloves or shoes despite being assigned to. When I tried to force her to wear them I got a message saying she couldn't do this because she was missing body parts, her arms and legs, which were not damaged at all. I put cybernetic arms on another colonist and he stopped wearing gloves. Is there a way to work around this?

Canute

Quote from: ThomasCro on August 11, 2017, 01:16:07 PM
I'm playing the A16 version and can't seem to figure out how the mending bench works.

How do I keep my equipped outfits mended?

There is a weird unique menu that comes with the mending workbench.
At first, equipped outfits can't mended, can you wash you outfits while you wear it, hmm yeah maybe under the shower or bath.
You need to drop them before.
Drop them before the mending bench, or create a stockpile with the quality seting 0-99% next to the workbench so damaged stuff get hauled there.
Create at the tailoring benches repair kits and refuel the mending bench.
Create at the mending benches bills for all kind of apparel and weapons.
Let a pawn with good crafting skills work on the mending bench.

QuoteI cannot.  Github does not work on my computer.
When you can use googledrive you can use github, you just need to allow javascripts like you did for googledrive.
Since this modpack sometimes changes daily, you can't ask at a daily/weekly base that someone give you this modpack.

silverskin

Where are the buildable windows? I can't find them anywhere in the building menu. They're in the debug "try place thing" list but not in the actual game building options.

Might they be broken? I did try adding with debug and their texture seems to break after a bit.
It's a pity because glass windows would be great. A good source of asthetics and why wouldn't you want windows in your buildings.