[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Canute

Yes, the your first playthrough will be very chaotic.
The research tree isn't linear, you will need alot of side steps.

Yes, you should focus your research on the drilling/refining part first to get plastic and this kind. Mending to repair good loot weapon and stay with Bow/xbow.
And you can get, fuel from the petro-refinery after you got enough raw oil to fuel up your generators.

Knedl

I have a pawn with busted liver and can't figure out how to operate on him to change the liver with a one I bought from merchant. I have the liver frozen so it won't spoil but there is no option to install it into pacient. I can install spine for example but can't do anything with liver. I put the pawn in a coma to remove the liver first then install new one, there is 100% success on operation but the pawn always dies if I try that way. Can someone please explain how to change liver.

fbagocius

There are a few guns you can make without plastic. I know that the Lee-Enfield and one of the basic shotguns don't require plastic, just leather. They seem pretty good as a basic weapon until machine guns or you get better raider weapons.

Can someone give me a few details about the mechanic that some raiders seem to have that causes colonists to be struck by lightning when they defeat the raider? The raiders have a blue force field, and down my colonists on their deaths. Most of the time this retaliation lightning triggers the downed colonist's ammunition to explode and wipe the rest of my colonists.

Really like the new prison labor system. Hadn't seen the mod before, but its pretty cool to have these expendable colonists on a different level of management.
Also really like the steady stream of new textures for buildings like the electric smelter and electronics bench.

Kadian

Hey all, I got a small question about a compatibility issue I have. First of all, I know that Hardcore SK isn't really build to run with any other mods, because it can cause problems and usually breaks the way this overhaul is meant to be played.
Still, I am currently trying to figure out a way to get stuffed floors to work with hardcore SK, and I'm failing quite hard. The main Issue I'm having is that the floors added by stuffed floors don't want to be in a dropdown menu and therefore basically filling up most - if not all - of the screen when I open the floors menu.
Looking around, I couldn't really find a solution, and I'm currently assuming the issue persists due to Hardcore SK's tendency to put 'similar' floors into dropdown menus, which most likely breaks the ability of stuffed floors to put them in dropdown menus itself.

Any Idea how one could change that? Or make them compatible with each other in some way? I do imagine I might not be the only one who would like to add stuff like Stone Painting, Cupro's Stones/alloys with fitting floors.

edit: playing around with the defs of Hardcore SK, the subcategories are not the cause of this problem. At this point I'm slightly out of ideas.

Jonxx

If anyone is having performance issues, try disabling minimap mod, increased from 20-25~ fps to stable 60. I mean I have potato pc but still...

Also just wanted to mention, I really love Hardcore SK project, I can't imagine playing Rimworld without this pack by now. ;)

Canute

Quote from: fbagocius on September 19, 2017, 03:42:39 PM
Can someone give me a few details about the mechanic that some raiders seem to have that causes colonists to be struck by lightning when they defeat the raider? The raiders have a blue force field, and down my colonists on their deaths. Most of the time this retaliation lightning triggers the downed colonist's ammunition to explode and wipe the rest of my colonists.
This is an ability of the Asari race. But be aware, if you own an Asari he don't got this ability, except this got changed.
To avoid the lightning, you should attack them at longrange, i think 30+ are safe but i am not sure about the distance.
If you allready got a Terminator, he is the best choise to attack first.

killermen962

killermen962

Forgive me if I over-looked it somewhere but is the song at main-menu online somewhere? Its a really great soundtrack, really nice and meditative but mysterious :o

Schio

Can someone tell me how i can remove the custom factions and races? I would really like to play with only humans.

Canute

killermen962

So I got a guy that can mine and I'm trying to give him a pickaxe but he cant equip it for the reason of "Incapable of violence". He treats the tool as a weapon instead of its real purpose.

EDIT: Since he had the tool in his inventory, he equipped it when he was ready to mine, just realized when I saw the "stein knife" I started with had a cooking stat and witnessed it get auto-equipped by the cook whom already had a gun in hand.

Canute

Because the pickaxe got a mellee value too if i remember right.

XDevilDanteX

Hi guys!

I'm trying to figure out where the industrial cooler is... I researched all "Infrastructure" levels but I can't build it. Can someone help me?

Canute

Did you allready use the Help tab, and check what nessesary research you maybe are missing ?

killermen962

So this happend with 3 worlds I made, after awhile they just "corrupt" and this latest run I just cant stand to lose...

Log: https://gist.github.com/1949e4195aa4cd70112644fda68090cd

Edit: Re-launched to try and get a simpler "straight to the point" crash log and it loaded just fine.... Dont know if that is going to be a one time thing or a permanent fix but ya....