[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Razzoriel

Quote from: sidfu on April 07, 2018, 11:30:59 PM
balance comes before realism that's why the costs are like that.
Yes, but it gets really obnoxious when you have to choose between using your steel to make a longsword or a 20x2x2m wall.

sidfu

Quote from: Razzoriel on April 12, 2018, 12:15:45 PM
Quote from: sidfu on April 07, 2018, 11:30:59 PM
balance comes before realism that's why the costs are like that.
Yes, but it gets really obnoxious when you have to choose between using your steel to make a longsword or a 20x2x2m wall.

use stone to make intital walls and as u lose parts of it or have maters u replace it with reinforced concrete stone walls. i would never use meetal for walls

JurAAlexander

Hello fellow rimworlders,

this is my first post and I'm from germany, so please be nice, if i will write wrong.

I'm not able to upgrade the mod to B18.

I only play at alpha 17. I downloaded from github the last version and follow the instructions. So I do not able to find the mistake

Canute

JurAAlexander,
also ich nehme an du willst wirklich mit der A17 version spielen, was ich nicht verstehen kann aber ok.
Lade dir die A17b6 herunter
https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK/releases/tag/6.0
und dann installiere sie wie auf der Github page beschrieben.
Keinen schritt auslassen, und auch keine eigenen mods hinzufügen.

JurAAlexander

Hallo Canute,

ne Du hast mich falsch verstanden, ich will es auf B 18 spielen. Was ich nicht hinbekomme.

I can't play in B 18, but i want to.

takilung

Im not here to bash you but theres some serious issues with your mod

1 ) Ridiculous load time, even with hyperthreading off, internet off, 32GB of Ram, 1060 6gb, 4900 i-7 3.60 core, it takes few minutes.

2) Crashes in mid / early game nonstop, not sure if its the latest problem from the github version. but after i download that version today i get crash nonstop after 20 minutes of play.
the only mod i disable is SK dark night, and yes i read instructions i know everything its easy so i followed it all.

Canute

JurAAlexander,
If you want play it on B18, just download the latest master from github.
Just click at the green "Clone or Download" button.
Unzip the archive.
Copy the content from Mods  to Rimworld/mods
Find the config folder from Rimworld and delete all the config files.
Then copy the ModsConfig.xml from the archiv over to the config folder.
Start Rimworld.

takilung,
1. yes is a known thing, but this isn't a mod, it is a modpack and contain alot of stuff. The loading time allways was very long and won't get shorter since the dev's will add more stuff then remove some.

2. You should differe between crashes. Why did you crash because Rimworld run's out of memory ? That's because Rimworld is just 32 bit, and can currently only be avoided to play on larger maps/world. Or play under linux.
Crashes on error's that can happen on such a complex project, and can even lead to an unloadable safegame.

If you have closer questions you should try the discord channel of the devs, since they rarely visit this forum.

sidfu

Quote from: takilung on April 13, 2018, 04:55:08 PM
Im not here to bash you but theres some serious issues with your mod

1 ) Ridiculous load time, even with hyperthreading off, internet off, 32GB of Ram, 1060 6gb, 4900 i-7 3.60 core, it takes few minutes.

2) Crashes in mid / early game nonstop, not sure if its the latest problem from the github version. but after i download that version today i get crash nonstop after 20 minutes of play.
the only mod i disable is SK dark night, and yes i read instructions i know everything its easy so i followed it all.

1. the load time is a base game issue caused by changes in xml in b18. also remember u geting the  the equivlant of over 100 mods nicely made to work together all u have to do is install right and go

2. that is OOM issue. when u first make your colony ram will be high due to world generation. once u make your colony restart that ram will clear. during game play the longer u running at 4x speed the faster ram will go up. also always save before open map so if u OOM on opening map u still have whatever u have before that.

Oddworld75

Snake started 10 jobs in 10 ticks. List: (WaitMaintainPosture (Job_8042622)) , (AttackMelee (Job_8042623) A=Thing_Flea1338949) , (WaitMaintainPosture (Job_8042624)) , (AttackMelee (Job_8042625) A=Thing_Flea1338949) , (WaitMaintainPosture (Job_8042626)) , (AttackMelee (Job_8042627) A=Thing_Flea1338949) , (WaitMaintainPosture (Job_8042628)) , (AttackMelee (Job_8042629) A=Thing_Flea1338949) , (WaitMaintainPosture (Job_8042630)) , à?ð (AttackMelee (Job_8042631) A=Thing_Flea1338949)  lastJobGiver=RimWorld.JobGiver_ReactToCloseMeleeThreat, curJob.def=AttackMelee, curDriver=Verse.AI.JobDriver_AttackMelee
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:FinalizeTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I got this error while one of my warriors try to attack a fly, and does not succes. By distance or by a melle attack it does the same

gentou

Hello, is there any way to revert graphics back to vanilla? I like ne wmehcanics in modpack but barely can understand what is going on within this visual clusterfuck.

Bronthion

Hello guys. I encountered a weird bug. Every piece of apparel in the game have visual bug with sharp and blunt armor values. Instead of showing percentages like usual and like heat and electric values (they work fine) I see random numbers from 0.1 to 0.9. Usually the higher item armor value, the higher number in that range. For example cryptosleep bodysuit have 0.1, strong asari carbon armor have 0.7 but a lot of items have similiar values like 0.1 etc. I uploaded a screenshot.

After equipping armor, percentages looks fine in a character screen. This bug is just in armor description. Sounds like a not big deal but it is. Because of that I cannot see how strong a piece of eqipment is before I equip it / craft it and later in the game when items costs a ton of resources that will be really annoying. Anyone knows how to fix this or what is causing this? I really want to play this mod. I played it on A16 and everything was ok.  Now I'm playing on fresh installation, just hardcore sk installed via updater, nothing more.

[attachment deleted due to age]

legendary

Is it still not possible to turn off CE mod? One of the most annoying mods ever.
StarCraft | WarZone 2100 | Civilization | RimWorld | Homeworld - games that deserve your time of life.

Canute

Nope, CE and the SC part are essesctial part of the mod.

SC (Superior crafting) got revived by someone else, maybe try out that mod.

sidfu

Quote from: legendary on April 28, 2018, 01:07:37 AM
Is it still not possible to turn off CE mod? One of the most annoying mods ever.

im sorry that the mod pack doesnt give u easy time even on hell diffuclity like base game. CE isnt annoying. the easy mod of base game now thats annoying

Mahmudul

IT WILL BE EXTREEMLY HELFUL IF YOU ADDED PATCHES OR INCLUDED RAINBEAU'S MODS IN THE UPCOMMING UPDATES