Additional, small gamemodes

Started by The_XaFFaX, November 28, 2013, 07:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_XaFFaX

Hi all,

I did not notice this being discussed before, so this is another idea I have.

Given that the game already has quite an advanced AI in terms of tactical combat (and I suppose it will be even better in the upcoming/final versions), it would be cool if additional, small gamemodes were added into the game. Here is what I mean in examples:
- base defense/zombie rush gametype - kind of similar to what other games do (like one of Starcraft II maps) where you defend an area against attacking forces in several waves. You get resources to build defences every few waves, and also this gamemode should be customizable (type of enemies, difficulty, type of available defences/weapons, maps etc.). You probably get the idea, many games have it, something to play for several minutes if you do not have more time
- counter-strikish ;) gamemode - maps similar to what counter strike offers, so you have a bunch of guys and you need to plant a bomb, get to some spot, escape or whatever, before enemy team gets you (or just kill the enemy team). Also customizable, with random maps would be great (but predefined could be there too). Since AI is quite good, it should handle that
- capture the flag/football gamemode - capture the flag is self-explanatory I suppose, as for football - something like what was available in one of the Unreal Tournament games, where you have to get the ball to opposing team's goal, AI could probably handle that, I guess that would be also something different vs. only building the colony to play for a few minutes

What do you think?

Thanks!

Apezdr

!!!!ZOMBIES!!!!I AGREE with this! I would really like to see the first suggestion (base defense/Zombie rush) would be really fun setting up zombie proof bunkers with limited resources...and who knows, if the maps get bigger it could maybe bring out some side quests (nearby settlement over-run). Not getting ahead of myself seeing as its just a idea. But its a good one.