[Request/Idea] Improved trading and dumping

Started by ChiefSlapahoe, May 11, 2015, 07:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefSlapahoe

Trading as it is works decently well but really becomes a hassle as you get more advanced, especially with mods like Finer things, Industry, conveyor belts, ect. It would be nice to have specific trading stockpiles (ie another separate zone), where you specify what you want in it. It could work by requesting something moved to it, and then automatically forbidding it from being picked up.

A nice GUI menu that lists the items and then next to it a blank box that you could type into the number desired. If possible, it would draw its list from whatever is in your stockpiles (other storage furniture too if possible). I'm not sure how the code is structured and how the engine handles these things, just a guess. Say I want 50 cloth to sell but want to keep 50 stockpiled, that is really a pain to do as it is and this system could really open the way to better crafting and trading.

It also just bugs me that I have to store items outside and micromanage them (say i don't want that crappy knife in my armory but I cant dump it and then I have to mess with  priorities back and forth and forbidding just to move it to sell) instead of in my pretty little storage areas (Clutter mod is great btw, the storage racks and pallets make it look a lot better)

Matthiasagreen

Just to clarify, you do know that trading beacons can be inside now, right? Any stockpile can be a trading area with a beacon now.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...