A Better Ending of the Game

Started by jacob021302, April 28, 2015, 04:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacob021302

First off, this is an extremely expensive idea and would probably take up a whole game upgrate. But I think it would be a great add on to the game. Here my idea:

Make a better ending to the game (other than just building a ship and blasting off). I think it would be cool if you had to build some sort of a war spaceship (with cannons and guns) to protect your colonists from space pirates that try to kill you. Then after you progress some far distance without dying you reach Earth or their main planet and the game ends there.

So in summary I would kinda like to see an FTL (Faster than Light) style ending sequence where you have to build a ship and defeat pirates.

Here is what FTL looks like and what the ending sequence might look like...

Adamiks

I think the coolest ending would be an option to land on new planet with old team (new game with colonists from old game). This would be even more coolest if our colonists will can be pirates after this.

Argon

Quote from: Adamiks on April 28, 2015, 05:25:00 PM
I think the coolest ending would be an option to land on new planet with old team (new game with colonists from old game). This would be even more coolest if our colonists will can be pirates after this.

That would be epic!  A whole new pirate gamemode unlocked by beating the game.

-Argon

starryknight64

Agreed! A cooler end-game than managing tons of colonists is definitely a win in my book!

Hayhorse

I think being a full crash landing would be nice. You get shot down while in orbit around a planet and either: A; Land in the ocean and now have to deal with a collapsing ship and the fact you are underwater or B; The whole ship crash lands in an area and some people die others are injured. With the chances being age (frail/bad back) and any bionic limbs (a exoskeleton for example would prevent a broken spine) with Power Armor and (with other mods like Glitter-tech) the other advanced armors protecting the user with the shock absorbers as they land possibly destroying or damaging the armor and causing the user to go into shock of the armor it destroyed because well. Metal splinters puncturing your whole body is going to be painful.

Toggle

I think being able to just crash on a new planet with your people, but on a higher difficulty, would be pretty interesting. And then on the highest difficulty you just win an achievement from the game for that story teller. Although the achievement would be for the end game.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Adamiks

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on May 10, 2015, 04:28:36 PM
I think being able to just crash on a new planet with your people, but on a higher difficulty, would be pretty interesting. And then on the highest difficulty you just win an achievement from the game for that story teller. Although the achievement would be for the end game.

Exactly that i was expecting when for first time i builded my ship. After i read something in small window parts of the ship disappeared, but my colonists decided to escape without a walls and floor. I was disappointed, very, very disappointed.

Kegereneku

There's a saying : "All good things must come to an end."

It is always good to have a long story, but you cannot level/upgrade indefinitely or relive the experience of a new start, if you don't break the continuity.
Meeting/managing again your old colonists is interesting, but isn't most of the 'joy' in making them what they are ?

So, IMHO a "better ending" pass by making several ending, encouraging replayability.

This is more or less what the "Faster Than Light" game did, it always lead to an end, but each game was different.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Toggle

I support my idea.
Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on May 10, 2015, 04:28:36 PM
Support +1
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.