[A10] Improved Equipment Rack [ABANDONED]

Started by Adamiks, May 13, 2015, 05:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamiks

I abandoned this mod, because you can storage apparels in the vanilla Alpha 11

Hi fellow Rimworlders!
    I've created a very simple mod that allows to storage apparels in the equipment rack! Yey! Dreams come true! ;D And.... This is all, i think?

Enjoy!

Special thanks to:[/list]
    Tynan - For hauling items on/in/under/behind the equipment racks! Here is the prove ^^
    Ninefinger - For the inspiration and his great work!

Changelog:[/list]

1.1 (16.05.15)
    * Added small equipment rack (1x1 version).

1.01 (14.05.15)
    * Added possibility to storage artillery shells

1.0 - Initial Release (13.05.15)

License - Do what you freakin' want with it. Feel free to don't credit me in huge modpack (this'll make your life easier ^^)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Nimrod

Nice idea! I instantly ... borrowed it :D

cheers

Ninefinger

Great idea, i implemented this into my modpack directly into superior crafting. And gave you the credit you deserve in the changelog. Thanks for this!

Nimrod

Quote from: Ninefinger on May 15, 2015, 01:20:52 AM
    Great idea, i implemented this into my modpack directly into superior crafting. And gave you the credit you deserve in the changelog. Thanks for this!

I also took the 4 slot rack from Aparello and modified it. Looks good, maybe have a look yourself.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Nimrod on May 15, 2015, 03:11:33 AM

I also took the 4 slot rack from Aparello and modified it. Looks good, maybe have a look yourself.

Yeah i will be going through apparello this weekend to attempt to fully integrate it with my modpack. Fingers crossed no promises lol

Nimrod

Quote from: Ninefinger on May 15, 2015, 03:14:44 AM

Yeah i will be going through apparello this weekend to attempt to fully integrate it with my modpack. Fingers crossed no promises lol

What I did: I integrated their "standard" clothing and removed the craftables, tables and research - this takes very little time.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Nimrod on May 15, 2015, 03:42:13 AM

What I did: I integrated their "standard" clothing and removed the craftables, tables and research - this takes very little time.

Im kind of stuck on a fence as to what to do because i already have recipes to craft power armor and armor vest and stuff in superior crafting, but apparello uses a unique way of making these items along with other items. so i just dont know if i should incorporate the vanilla armor into apparello or do as you suggested and remove all crafting from apparello. and just use the standard clothing and make all the apparello standard clothing craftable at the tailors work bench. Also as im going through apparello i noticed that the recpies to craft the muffalo hats takes corpse instead of muffalo leather so im going through and making those changes right now.

Nimrod

Quote from: Ninefinger on May 15, 2015, 04:05:56 AM

Im kind of stuck on a fence as to what to do because i already have recipes to craft power armor and armor vest and stuff in superior crafting, but apparello uses a unique way of making these items along with other items. so i just dont know if i should incorporate the vanilla armor into apparello or do as you suggested and remove all crafting from apparello. and just use the standard clothing and make all the apparello standard clothing craftable at the tailors work bench. Also as im going through apparello i noticed that the recpies to craft the muffalo hats takes corpse instead of muffalo leather so im going through and making those changes right now.

Yeah .. I didnt see any benefit to add the extra gadgets and stuff from aparello, since it only adds "craft-clutter" and since you already got a lot of new ressources in, it seemed unnecessary. schematics are a nice touch, but I removed the whole thing as I said.
    I personally would not make EVERYTHING craftable - that would take away a lot from having traders in game - just put the aparello stuff into existing ThingsCategories and in some TraderKindDefs so that existing traders bring them (should take about 1 hour max if you remove the craftables).
    But I like your mod, and the things I would do differently ... I change myself :D
    so its cool whatever way you choose.

Cheers

Ninefinger

Quote from: Nimrod on May 15, 2015, 04:42:25 AM
    Quote from: Ninefinger on May 15, 2015, 04:05:56 AM

Yeah .. I didnt see any benefit to add the extra gadgets and stuff from aparello, since it only adds "craft-clutter" and since you already got a lot of new ressources in, it seemed unnecessary. schematics are a nice touch, but I removed the whole thing as I said.
    I personally would not make EVERYTHING craftable - that would take away a lot from having traders in game - just put the aparello stuff into existing ThingsCategories and in some TraderKindDefs so that existing traders bring them (should take about 1 hour max if you remove the craftables).
    But I like your mod, and the things I would do differently ... I change myself :D
    so its cool whatever way you choose.

Cheers

Thanks, and yeah you probably right im looking through the accessories and there are a few clothing items i added to be able to craft so far just the socks and a few pants and skirt, and some gloves. so far that just one file lol. but i think your right i will be removing all the extra crafting clutter as well.

Havan_IronOak

LOVE the idea of a smarter Equipment rack that can be used for clothes.
    Before release a10 I tried and used Friedmutant's Seasonal Wardrobe mod and really liked it. It used the same graphic sprite that you're using.
    https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10814.msg107277#msg107277

I just started trying yours and I noticed two little quibbles that might make your mod even better.
    1) The Seasonal Wardrobe mod somehow made the rack request 1 headgear item and 1 outer layer item (like a parka) I just tried yours and now I've got one guy's wardrobe with 2 parkas and another's with 2 toques. Am I setting something wrong or does your wardrobe(Equipment rack) not differentiate?

2) The Seasonal Wardrobe mod was a bit more automated in that in the spring it started requesting  warm weather gear be stored and then when winter started it flipped to requesting their summer gear. I'm not a c# coder at all but is that difficult to implement?

I DID notice that the error messages that come up when I try to use the Seasonal Wardrobe mod cite variables from  EdB Interface. (if that's any kind of clue)

Adamiks

No, i should thank you :) You're doing the great job and this is why i even published this mod!

By the way... I don't want to tell anything or something, but... There is a new version of this mod ^^

Quote from: Havan_IronOak on May 15, 2015, 03:15:12 PM
    LOVE the idea of a smarter Equipment rack that can be used for clothes.
    Before release a10 I tried and used Friedmutant's Seasonal Wardrobe mod and really liked it. It used the same graphic sprite that you're using.
    https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10814.msg107277#msg107277

I just started trying yours and I noticed two little quibbles that might make your mod even better.
    1) The Seasonal Wardrobe mod somehow made the rack request 1 headgear item and 1 outer layer item (like a parka) I just tried yours and now I've got one guy's wardrobe with 2 parkas and another's with 2 toques. Am I setting something wrong or does your wardrobe(Equipment rack) not differentiate?

2) The Seasonal Wardrobe mod was a bit more automated in that in the spring it started requesting  warm weather gear be stored and then when winter started it flipped to requesting their summer gear. I'm not a c# coder at all but is that difficult to implement?

I DID notice that the error messages that come up when I try to use the Seasonal Wardrobe mod cite variables from  EdB Interface. (if that's any kind of clue)

Unfortunately i don't have any C# skills, so i can't do this, sorry :-\

"2) The Seasonal Wardrobe mod was a bit more automated in that in the spring it started requesting  warm weather gear be stored and then when winter started it flipped to requesting their summer gear. I'm not a c# coder at all but is that difficult to implement?"

This is how original equipment rack works ^^

"I DID notice that the error messages that come up when I try to use the Seasonal Wardrobe mod cite variables from  EdB Interface. (if that's any kind of clue)"

If you mean you have errors when you using Wardrobe and my mod this is 100% normal. Both mods using this same def and even when my mod will overwrite Wardrobe there is still DLL file and this can a little confuse the system.

But! I have a good news! Maybe i'm not a great modder like Haplo but i created 1x1 equipment rack, so now you can choose 1 item per cell and you will not overpay in resources!