Click becomes Double-click

Started by arami, May 14, 2015, 05:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arami

version: 0.10.785 rev1116
win 7/64 SP1

When I single-leftmouse-click, the game registers a double-click.
It's not a game destroyer, but it gets annoying after a while.

Lovely game!

ARiA1089

im not sure if this is a bug, its was a problem with my house where it registered all my clicks with a double, have you checked your mouse? have you dropped it or is it broken?
──▄▀──────────█──
──▄▀───────────█── Careful Kids, he got raided
─▄▀─█───────────█─
█──▄█────────▄──█─
─▀▀─█──█──█──█▄▀
────█──█──█▀▀
────█──█▄▄█
────█──█
────▀▄▄▀

Jimyoda

It's got to be mouse hardware, mouse driver, or some kind of software corruption - not really a game bug. If you haven't rebooted since the problem started, don't do anything until you reboot your computer. Check if the issue happens in Windows or in any other applications. If it really only happens in RimWorld then disable any mods you may have added and make a new world and colony. If it happens with no mods I would unzip the game to a new folder and run it from there.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

arami

Unzipped to a new folder with a new download after a reboot of my system.
I use no mods and it is still only in rimworld that this happens.
I use a Deathadder mouse from Razer which is getting old so it might just be hardware-related.

Jimyoda

Quote from: arami on May 15, 2015, 10:56:33 AM
Unzipped to a new folder with a new download after a reboot of my system.
I use no mods and it is still only in rimworld that this happens.
I use a Deathadder mouse from Razer which is getting old so it might just be hardware-related.
Given all that it 'sounds' like a bug, but I don't truly believe it is. As far as I know, no one has ever reported RimWorld doing this.

Let's presume your left button micro-switch is faulty. Reasonable since you said it's an old mouse, the left button is undoubtedly used the most, and anything mechanical is likely to fail at some point. Open the configuration tool for your mouse. Under 'Button Assignment' assign the normal click function to a different button (right-button, button 4, or button 5). If the problem goes away then it's that left button.

If it still happens when using a different button then it's some kind of software issue - the mouse driver or the game. I'd download the latest driver for the mouse and try again. Next I'd switch the control bindings in the game. I can't run the game right now to confirm, but I think you can reassign the Select function to something else, like the right-mouse button.

Hopefully after trying all that, the cause shakes out.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

Tynan

It resembles this bug, but this one's Mac-specific.

https://ludeon.com/mantis/view.php?id=1711

I'm going to point at hardware/drivers just because of like 75,000 Windows players you're the only one who's had the issue.

I'll close the bug now thanks.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog