[A11] (ADDON) Better OmniStorage

Started by Adamiks, May 16, 2015, 05:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamiks

Better OmniStorage

Hi fellow Rimworlders!
This mod adds a small storages variants for every type of storage from OmniStorage mod. Also i've upgraded some storages, for example now Skips can storage every type of item, pallets can hold raw resources and some manufactured items. There're two variants of this mod. First is for vanilla game and second is for Superior Crafting mod (items like glass can be storage on the pallets).

Screenshots:

[More of them in the game!]

How to install:
1. Delete OmniStorage mod
2. Download!
3. Extract using 7zip or WinRAR.
4. Start a game and active this mod.
5. Play!

Changelog:
  Alpha 11 update (15-06-15)

1.15 - New textures (Skip 1x2, Palette 1x2)! (17-05-15)

1.1 - Various fixes by Ninefinger! (17-05-15)
* Fixed graphic overdraw to true for some storage devices so textures now working properly
* Fixed shadow heights
* Fixed pallet label to show what size they are and to be labeled correctly
* Fixed skip labels to show what size they are
* Fixed path costs
* Fixed removed designation hotkeys
* Fixed max hit points
* Fixed stuff costs
* Fixed changed storage locker to only store clothing since the equipment rack is for weapons

1.0 - Initial realise (16-05-15)

License - Do what you freakin' want with it. Feel free to don't credit me in huge modpack (this'll make your life easier ^^)

[attachment deleted due to age]

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Adamiks

Thanks :) I hope you don't mind that i changed some things a little bit?

Ninefinger

I like hwo you added deterioration prevention i had to change a few things to make it a bit better, once i upload it to the modpack you shoudl take a look at the changes i made. I removed the designatin hotkeys simply because having multiple items being designated by the same hotkey is not that good. and your shadow heights need a bit of a touch up. You can check out the changes i made once its uploaded. but great work!

also your equipment rack graphic path needs to be corrected.

Cheers!

Ninefinger

+Omni Storage addon changes
   -Fixed graphic overdraw to true for some storage devices so textures now working properly
   -Fixed shadow heights
   -Fixed pallet label to show what size they are and to be labeled correctly
   -Fixed skip labels to show what size they are
   -Fixed path costs
   -Fixed removed designation hotkeys
   -Fixed max hit points
   -Fixed stuff costs
   -Fixed changed storage locker to only store clothing since the equipment rack is for weapons

these are the changes i made you are free to download my version and use what changes you wish your mod just replaced the files in omni storage in the modpack  :D

Adamiks

Quote from: Ninefinger on May 16, 2015, 08:18:04 PM
   -Fixed graphic overdraw to true for some storage devices so textures now working properly
   -Fixed shadow heights
   -Fixed path costs
   -Fixed max hit points
   -Fixed stuff costs
   -Fixed changed storage locker to only store clothing since the equipment rack is for weapons

these are the changes i made you are free to download my version and use what changes you wish your mod just replaced the files in omni storage in the modpack  :D

Thanks :) Really good work, sorry for not really testing this in game, but i just don't have time (i have 1 more mod to publish and 2 to finish :D). Anyway thanks.

Shinzy

Quote from: Adamiks on May 17, 2015, 06:34:35 AM
   -Fixed shadow heights
   -Fixed path costs
   -Fixed max hit points
   -Fixed stuff costs

Thanks :) Really good work, sorry for not really testing this in game, but i just don't have time (i have 1 more mod to publish and 2 to finish :D). Anyway thanks.

OH no no no no no no!
Addy! I am not gna let you publish any mod at all if you don't find the time to test them, atleast a little!

Adamiks

Quote from: Shinzy on May 17, 2015, 07:12:47 AM
Quote from: Adamiks on May 17, 2015, 06:34:35 AM
   -Fixed shadow heights
   -Fixed path costs
   -Fixed max hit points
   -Fixed stuff costs

OH no no no no no no!
Addy! I am not gna let you publish any mod at all if you don't find the time to test them, atleast a little!

Calm down, Shinzy :D I've tested this but like you see not really good. Anyway i have minions that will report bugs ^^

skyarkhangel

There are too many storages, some of them can be grouped into one, like modular tables. How about my idea?

Adamiks

Quote from: skyarkhangel on May 17, 2015, 07:42:19 AM
There are too many storages, some of them can be grouped into one, like modular tables.

Done! This is a "early" version only to see if people will like it or not.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Ninefinger

Quote from: Adamiks on May 17, 2015, 07:57:52 AM
There are too many storages, some of them can be grouped into one, like modular tables.

Tested and immediately added it to the modpack it works beautifully! Thanks!

Adamiks

Quote from: Ninefinger on May 17, 2015, 05:58:08 PM
Quote from: Adamiks on May 17, 2015, 07:57:52 AM

Tested and immediately added it to the modpack it works beautifully! Thanks!

The fun part is that i don't change anything at all. I just removed 2x2 storages and added "<dragabledimensions>" to all small storages. No Atlas textures etc. :D But if this is so beautifully for you, so i can only say - you're welcome, mate :)

nmid

Hi Adamiks.. thank you (and skullywag) for this mod.

MOD query - Omnistorage Mod - How is wooden pallet any different from a simple stockpile?
(?prevents deterioration via omnistorage\defs\thingsdef\storage\storage_woodenpallet.xml\<building><preventDeterioration>true</preventDeterioration>)
(I'm tracking wood logs for now, not sure, but I think they are still deteriorating..)
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Adamiks

Quote from: nmid on May 22, 2015, 09:56:50 AM
Hi Adamiks.. thank you (and skullywag) for this mod.

MOD query - Omnistorage Mod - How is wooden pallet any different from a simple stockpile?
(?prevents deterioration via omnistorage\defs\thingsdef\storage\storage_woodenpallet.xml\<building><preventDeterioration>true</preventDeterioration>)
(I'm tracking wood logs for now, not sure, but I think they are still deteriorating..)

"How is wooden pallet any different from a simple stockpile?"

You can't storage everything on pallets (raw resources, mostly, for all - skips), but they prevent from deteriotation.

nmid

Thanks for the clarification.. So, looking at the .xml files :
--------------------------------------------
    <label>Skip 2x3</label>
      <preventDeterioration>true</preventDeterioration>
      <li>Metallic</li>
          <categories>
            <li>Resources</li>

<label>Pallet 2x3</label>
      <preventDeterioration>true</preventDeterioration>
      <li>Woody</li>
          <categories>
            <li>ResourcesRaw</li>

<label>Food Basket</label>
          <categories>
            <li>FoodRaw</li>
--------------------------------------------
So I can save my raw resources and resources from deterioration, awesome!.
Food basket currently is basically an important category food stockpile?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ