Overview: Some Ideas for Additional Macromanagement

Started by murphyjm0210, December 07, 2013, 10:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

murphyjm0210

As colonies get larger, power consumption, production, and capacity for storage must increase proportionally. I was thinking that in the Overview interface, there could be a Power Management tab where one could go to see a graphical representation of all these statistics. This would make it a lot easier for players to decide if and when to acquire new sources of power and storage capacity without negatively affecting the quality of gameplay in any way. Also, in the hypothetical Power tab, there could be a central location where all where all power-producing/consuming structures can be managed (ie. viewing their consumption/production rates, turning them of an on, etc.). Speaking of turning them off and on, I read a couple posts about having options to set power priorities for certain devices over others. I highly advocate this idea, because I'd like to be able to feed my colonists through eclipses without spending my entire metal supply on batteries and/or cutting off each individual lamp in my entire colony. :/