Hotel rooms and Bars

Started by bluestrike15, December 08, 2013, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluestrike15

So I came up with this idea while watching some of the drifters walk by. Aren't you hungry or tired, why not stay at our colony?! So then I thought of the idea of building a hotel which would allow drifters to enter your base for a while and rest. They aren't actual colonists so they wont work and might mooch off your food but if you treat them well and they like what they see they might join you instead of eventually leaving on there path to... Somewhere. That's were the bar comes in, have a character with a high social skill (useless people) work at the bar as a bartender and try to convince the drifter to join without inprisoning them. The bar should also have some games like pool and every once and a while colonests will come in to let off some steam and talk to the drifters, other stuff like bar fights and allowing colonists to take a break if their moral is low would be nice

MrHudson

+1.
It would be cool if you could get drifters to come into your bar and hotel and leave there their money or just recruit them as new colonists.

Motorkingpus

No. We beat the bastards yellow and blue, drag them inside and force them to work in our mines, and punish them hard for the slighest offence.

Cyclops

Quote from: Motorkingpus on December 08, 2013, 04:55:40 PM
No. We beat the bastards yellow and blue, drag them inside and force them to work in our mines, and punish them hard for the slighest offence.

+1. I love this idea.

Motorkingpus

Quote from: Cyclops on December 08, 2013, 05:01:33 PM

+1. I love this idea.
[/quote]

Ofcourse it would come with a negative modifier unless the person who deals with the slaves had the trait Sadistic or Born Slavemaster.

windruf

a bar is what my people need. especially at the point where it would be a good idea to start building a ship.