Cybernetics that affect skills

Started by Liegeman, May 08, 2015, 07:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liegeman

Is it possible?

I know they affect Capacities such as Manipulation and such, but if I want to create say, a drill arm, I want it to only increase mining. Not just Manipulation and all the fine motor skills that entails.

Nemesis688

I know tools can increase things like mining speed. They don't change the mining skill stat. It just adds a modifier. So I'm sure you could make it so a body part has that same modifier tag.

You could probably take the right tool for the job mod and look at its code for its drill and take a look at the Hediffs defs in either the core folder or a mod that adds body parts. I bet you could combine it in a way to get you what you want.

Liegeman

The issue I've found is that (installed) body parts are not items. When a body part is applied to a pawn, it ceases to exist as a separate Thing, and becomes a Hediff on that pawn. Hediffs are basically health conditions.

Effectively, a cybernetic part becomes a health condition on the pawn, just like hypothermia, flu, etc. Only permanent of course. The surgery simply consumes the bodypart Thing to apply that condition to the target.

Adamiks

I would be really happy to see this in A11. This would improve prosthetics (and mods like EPOE) a loooot.