[MOD](Alpha 10) Fewer mechanoids

Started by Peppsen, May 09, 2015, 02:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peppsen

Less Mechs

Description:
This is a simple mod that changes the probability of a mechanoid attack from 45 to 20. The chance of a mechanoid ship crash is also reduced from 1.5 to 1.0.
The earliest date of a mechanoid attack is a year after you've started(In the vanilla version it was 6 months)

I got mad after I had two mechanoid hives dropping right inside my village and I lost 3 people, this was a lot because it was only about 8 months into the game. So I had to make this mod and thought I could share it if anyone else wanted these changes aswell, but didn't know how.

Author/Mod Team
Peppsen

Download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5yt9u5n0fidall/Less%20Mechs.zip?dl=0

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Ykara

Nice, I've already done this changes by myself, I just hate mechanoid attacks being so common. Especially the crashed ship part is extremely annoying if every week one falls out of the sky, I mean how many damn mechanoid ships are there and why are the mechanoids so terrible pilots?

Peppsen

Quote from: Ykara on May 09, 2015, 05:08:57 PM
Nice, I've already done this changes by myself, I just hate mechanoid attacks being so common. Especially the crashed ship part is extremely annoying if every week one falls out of the sky, I mean how many damn mechanoid ships are there and why are the mechanoids so terrible pilots?

Exactly what I thought! :D Imo it's also more fun fighting other people.

zloitermit

Boboid

and why are the mechanoids so terrible pilots?

Dunno man, have you seen how unintelligent mechs tend to be?
It's kind of surprising that they get OUT of orbit.

Is mechanoids a mass-noun? Is it Less or Fewer? I can never remember.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

comlink

Quote from: Boboid on May 09, 2015, 07:19:41 PM
and why are the mechanoids so terrible pilots?

Is mechanoids a mass-noun? Is it Less or Fewer? I can never remember.

I believe that subject is well covered here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc :D

Anyway, thanks for this mod! I don't have the time or brainpower to figure this stuff out anymore, but I was getting terribly annoyed by mech drops right at the front door. I assume I could continue to modify this to make it a 0 instead of 20 to remove the possibility entirely?

Peppsen

Quote from: comlink on May 10, 2015, 12:47:15 PM
Anyway, thanks for this mod! I don't have the time or brainpower to figure this stuff out anymore, but I was getting terribly annoyed by mech drops right at the front door. I assume I could continue to modify this to make it a 0 instead of 20 to remove the possibility entirely?

Yes, you're correct!

Lord_Fatal1ty

I have to change to the ship mechanoide never fall?
would have only remove centipedes game editing any line in the commands?

Peppsen

I can make a modified version, where there's no mechanoid attacks, if you want.

Lord_Fatal1ty

Peppsen

Lord_Fatal1ty