[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's Miscellaneous (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, May 18, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptain_kavern

Reading the log I see :
- errors with Ancestral spirit
- some animal with miscoded body def but no clue from which mod
- a refinery building throwing bad error also
- Achtung mod throw one minor error also

The last error seems to be related to some Caveworld plants indeed but with a mod list that big, there is nearly no way to do a proper investigation

Rikiki

Thanks for the helping hands mates! :)

I completely rewrote the Caveworld Flora mod (I especially avoided saving anything to get rid of this report) so this bug should soon not happen anymore. :)

Rikiki

Quote from: Hydromancerx on October 26, 2016, 09:14:41 PM
Here are some Backstory ideas for the Fish Industry mod.

- Fisherman
- Pearl Diver
- Whaler
- Aquarium Shop Owner
- Sports Fisherman
- Deep Water Fisherman
- Marine Biologist
- Marine Park Employee
- Fish Farmer
- Deep Ocean Miner
- Waterworld Survivor
- Glitterworld Sewer Surfer
- Skywhaler

Note these would give fishing skill plus whatever else seems appropriate.
Very interresting ideas! :) However, I am considering to simplify the Fish Industry mod (remove the fisher job, the need of wearing a fishing tool, ...) so adding backstory is not really in my scope. Maybe later... ::)

Rikiki

I posted the WIP CaveBiome mod here.
If anyone is interrested to beta-test it. :)

Hydromancerx

Quote from: Rikiki on November 14, 2016, 03:51:39 PM
Very interresting ideas! :) However, I am considering to simplify the Fish Industry mod (remove the fisher job, the need of wearing a fishing tool, ...) so adding backstory is not really in my scope. Maybe later... ::)

What would it fall under instead? Hunting?

someonesneaky

I really like the FishIndustry mod. It's already one of my must-haves! Ran across a few... issues, though:

I wanted to clear some shallow water on the ocean shore, so I set down a moisture pump. Oddly enough, the pier is still working, despite no longer being connected to water. http://i.imgur.com/QJgznAW.png

A slightly more annoying one: Was having a problem with the aquaculture hoppers not feeding into the basins. I tried both berries and rice, moving the hoppers to different spots, flipping them in different directions -- every time, they'd work for a while, then just stop feeding the fishes. I eventually just gave up and stuck with regular fishing -- I've got enough fishers that the basins weren't *necessary*, but would have been nice to have.

Another bug, though this one's caused by something else: I put in the Increased Stack and Improved Increased Stack mods. Normally, it's great for compacting storage, but the haulers won't stop at just a few resources in the aquaculture hopper. Despite it saying 'it's full enough' if I try to tell someone to add more, other colonists (haulers that don't have fishing enabled) keep bringing more resources over, until it ends up with hundreds - if not thousands - of rice sitting there. Unless the basins can be built in a freezer (which I really doubt), then these two mods will end up causing a *lot* of resource waste, as people will keep trying to add more, and the food will go bad before the  basins uses it all.  (This may be related to the previous problem, with hoppers not feeding the basins, but not sure.)

I have no idea how to code mods, but would it be possible to add some sort of interface to decide the type and quantity of food allowed in the hoppers?

someonesneaky

The FishIndustry mod is one of my must-haves! Something I've been wondering, though:

What the heck is up with people picking up tailteeth and hoarding them in their inventory, like they would with meals? I found someone with *four* Tailteeth fish in their inventory once. Every so often, I have to scroll through 30-something colonists and check their gear to make sure nobody's holding out on my tasty meatfish, and it's guaranteed I'll find two or three hanging about.

Rikiki

Quote from: someonesneaky on December 14, 2016, 04:41:27 PM
The FishIndustry mod is one of my must-haves! Something I've been wondering, though:

What the heck is up with people picking up tailteeth and hoarding them in their inventory, like they would with meals? I found someone with *four* Tailteeth fish in their inventory once. Every so often, I have to scroll through 30-something colonists and check their gear to make sure nobody's holding out on my tasty meatfish, and it's guaranteed I'll find two or three hanging about.
As fishes are considered meat, I believe that colonist can carry some fishes when training animals.
A grizzly would surely appreciate a fine tailteeth before being tamed. :D

someonesneaky

Quote from: Rikiki on December 14, 2016, 05:47:19 PM
As fishes are considered meat, I believe that colonist can carry some fishes when training animals.
A grizzly would surely appreciate a fine tailteeth before being tamed. :D

That can't be it, because both fishers and non-fishers do it, and I've only got one animal handler. They don't take it to feed to animals, they just like stuffing alien alligators (aliengators?) in their pockets for some reason. A pawn will wander into the freezer to drop off something they're hauling, swing down to the fish stockpile, steal a tailteeth, and go back to work. They do it whether or not they're carrying meals, they don't seem to have a limit to how many tailteeth they'll pick up, and they don't do it with any other fish, not even oysters.

Something else I've been meaning to ask: What is the skill used to determine the quality of fishing poles? It can't be the Fishing skill, because even people with level 20 fishing end up making Awful fishing rods. I figure it might be like shutting down mechs *says* it needs repair skill, but actually uses the medicine skill, but I don't know if it'd be Crafting, or what.

carpediembr

Any idea why no one is eating Oyster at their own will?

someonesneaky

Quote from: carpediembr on December 15, 2016, 04:01:34 PM
Any idea why no one is eating Oyster at their own will?

Oysters are a joy food, like chocolate. People won't eat it on their own, but you can tell them to eat it through an order. It doesn't have as much nutrition, so it's best to do it soon after they eat an actual meal, and it'll give them a bit of a mood boost.

Not sure if it stacks through eating multiple oysters in one sitting or not. Might be worth experimenting.

carpediembr

Thank you very much. I thought joy food acted like beer, once in a while they would eat it.

Btw Rikiki, your fishIndustry mod is amazing and is always my number one choice. Just one question, the fish "harvested" from the Aquaculture Basin is related to the pawn's fishing skill level? 2 times one of my pawn harvested it and yielded only 3 fish, which in my opinion is too low for it's investment.

lance789

For whatever reason, i cannot place the Fishing Pier, I either get a message stating "Fishing Pier must be placed in water" or "The terrain here cannot support this". What do i do to allow building this object?

Grishnerf

Quote from: lance789 on December 17, 2016, 12:43:32 PM
For whatever reason, i cannot place the Fishing Pier, I either get a message stating "Fishing Pier must be placed in water" or "The terrain here cannot support this". What do i do to allow building this object?

it only works on stone ground next to water atm. normal lakes always have mud on the broder.
and on sand it also workls i thnk, only on beach maps.
so best spot on a normal map is a waterlake with a mountain that goes into the lake.
dig up some space at the water border there you can place the fishing Pier on the stone tile into the water.

i also tried a long time, until i found that out.

Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist