[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's Miscellaneous (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, May 18, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmid

lol.. this mods fits so well into the Rimworld ecosystem :)
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Panzer on May 21, 2015, 03:21:36 AM

I was not talking about the aquaponics in my post, I think those are fine, maybe increase breeding time a little bit or add a night rest duration (fish do sleep, by the way), but otherwise they re good :)
I was talking about the fishing piers. Only the marsh piers may freeze, coast is clear all season (cant do much about it, sea doesnt freeze :P). You can fish at nighttime which is ok, you can hunt animals at night too; maybe later on add a night fish? An eel perhaps? :P

I got 2 fishers, both with shoddy fishing rods, and those 2 guys pull enough fish out of the sea to support a colony of 15 men with fine meals all day. This is nice, but a little bit too much for my tastes ;D

I know nothing about modding, but I ll take a look at the source code, see if can compile the dll anew, right now Im thinking of something like a 0.50 multiplier, will see how it works out, if I can get that far ;D

I checked if it works but did not tested everything, only the fishing piers and rods, I can only talk about them.
Kind of OP. ^^ Doesn't take much time, same amounts of fish caught (steady food supply) also it is a never-ending source of meat, so yeah... In my opinion it should take more time to catch them fishies.

Fish do sleep, it'd make sense to be able to catch different ones during nighttime, when it comes to piers, yes, but not when it comes to fish tanks, where you can just wake the fish up, right? ^^
Also, fish, much like other animals, do grow during their sleep.

Question! Fishing rods (the only thing I've gotten my hands on so far) are required to catch fish, (also, for me it replaces shirts/button down shirts, intended or a mod conflict?).
There are also harpoons and those force field nets. I know quality plays a role it it, and harpoon's description says "for big fishes", but is there any actual difference in the amount of fish caught, the amount of time it takes to fish, or the type of fish caught, based on the type of tool used?

I mean no offense, Rikki, I know the thread is under build and you're working miracles, but it'd be great if you could explain such things in detail. ^^

Also,
to me it seems like fishing piers work kind of like workbenches. Would it be possible to add bills to them? Not to designate certain types of fish to fish (random is fun), but to stop hunters from catching more than needed, without having to micro-manage it/letting fish overflow the stockpiles?

Panzer

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 21, 2015, 07:05:51 AM
[...]
Fish do sleep, it'd make sense to be able to catch different ones during nighttime, when it comes to piers, yes, but not when it comes to fish tanks, where you can just wake the fish up, right? ^^
Also, fish, much like other animals, do grow during their sleep.

Question! Fishing rods (the only thing I've gotten my hands on so far) are required to catch fish, (also, for me it replaces shirts/button down shirts, intended or a mod conflict?).
There are also harpoons and those force field nets. I know quality plays a role it it, and harpoon's description says "for big fishes", but is there any actual difference in the amount of fish caught, the amount of time it takes to fish, or the type of fish caught, based on the type of tool used?
[...]

Yeah you re right, fish are not a crop, they grow during night times :P haha

Fishing rods occupy left/right shoulder, left/right arm, but they should work with tshirts, they dont cover those areas (at least in vanilla Rimworld), button-down shirts do unfortunately.
Type and amount of fish caught always stays the same, regardless of fishing tool used, only time to fish may vary, your colonist may take longer with bad equipment (the ranking is harpoon worst, fishing rod middle, net best, the tool quality and hunting skills are also a factor).

Ninefinger

These are the changes i have made for the Ultimate Overhaul Modpack to make this mod balanced.

+Fish Industry
       -Decreased quantity of fish caught
       -Increased breading time
       -Increased Aquaponic power consumption
       -Increased recipe costs
       -Increased work amounts

The areas that i have made these changes allow you to be able to fully balance this mod to whatever you feel is balanced, This mod is great!

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Panzer on May 21, 2015, 09:36:17 AM

Yeah you re right, fish are not a crop, they grow during night times :P haha

Fishing rods occupy left/right shoulder, left/right arm, but they should work with tshirts, they dont cover those areas (at least in vanilla Rimworld), button-down shirts do unfortunately.
Type and amount of fish caught always stays the same, regardless of fishing tool used, only time to fish may vary, your colonist may take longer with bad equipment (the ranking is harpoon worst, fishing rod middle, net best, the tool quality and hunting skills are also a factor).

Awesome! All 3 of my colonists were in button down shirts, thought it applied to both. Good to know how it works, thanks!

Panzer

Until I figure out how the math works, I ll stay with reduced catch quantity, I found something that feels about right for me:

Blueblade: 10 -> 2
Mashgon: 30 -> 15
Sduiggels unchanged
Tailteeth (butcher yield): 200 -> 100

My colony has 15 pawns, 3 fishing piers, 4 aquaponics and 3 active fishers with 2 shoddy fishing rods and an excellent net. My warehouse is not overflowing anymore and I can produce enough fine meals with fishing alone, might try large aquaponic area and live off of selling tailteeth meat, it sells quite nicely :)

Rikiki

QuoteAlso,
to me it seems like fishing piers work kind of like workbenches. Would it be possible to add bills to them? Not to designate certain types of fish to fish (random is fun), but to stop hunters from catching more than needed, without having to micro-manage it/letting fish overflow the stockpiles?
Nope, it would be really painful for me (modder point of view!)... :P
But I designed this mod as follow:
- early game: use the fishing pier to catch fishes with basic tools
- mid game: catch the desired fish and begin breeding in aquaponics.
You then only have to manage your aquaponics and use fishing pier as "bonus" income.

Thanks for all your feedback. :D I will test your balanced values as soon as possible.
To be honest, I did not had much time to test it on a real long-term colony... :-\

As for the night fishes, this is a good idea! Coding it is easy but textures are not my cup of tea. :P

@Panzer: Rand.Value just returns you a float random value in range [0.0; 1.0].
As you read the source code, did you encounter the fun fishing event? ;)

Panzer

Quote from: Rikiki on May 21, 2015, 05:29:09 PM

Yeah I saw what you did there ;D til now I only found gold though, need to keep fishing ^^
I also saw that little todo, funny idea, maybe add a bad event as balance with same chance? tailteeth bites a finger off? ;D

EDIT: What are the steps for Rand.Value, e.g. is it like 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 and so on or is it like 0.01, 0.02 ... ?

Rikiki

QuoteEDIT: What are the steps for Rand.Value, e.g. is it like 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 and so on or is it like 0.01, 0.02 ... ?

It's a float number, so for a float coded on 32 bits, it is 1x(2^-127) = 2.9387359e-39. So something like 0.000.....001!;D
Go check this page for more details.

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Rikiki on May 21, 2015, 05:29:09 PM
QuoteAlso,
Nope, it would be really painful for me (modder point of view!)... :P
But I designed this mod as follow:
- early game: use the fishing pier to catch fishes with basic tools
- mid game: catch the desired fish and begin breeding in aquaponics.
You then only have to manage your aquaponics and use fishing pier as "bonus" income.

Thanks for all your feedback. :D I will test your balanced values as soon as possible.
To be honest, I did not had much time to test it on a real long-term colony... :-\

As for the night fishes, this is a good idea! Coding it is easy but textures are not my cup of tea. :P

@Panzer: Rand.Value just returns you a float random value in range [0.0; 1.0].

No bills? Oh, well.
In the end it does sound good, your idea on the progress, I just thought I could save the energy and space since my current colony is next to a shore anyway.

Panzer

Little things to add to your ToDo list:

-No butcher sound
-No butcher animation (blood splatter)
-Butcher yield is not affected by butcher efficiency (always same yield, even with blind, one armed butcher :P)
-Colonists dont consume oysters by themselves, they do with chocolate though

LittleGreenStone

Happy Tree Day, Rikiki, hope you like it!

Edit: updated for I forgot to include the shiny ball. Because oysters and shiny ballz come hand-in-hand. 'm I right? ^^

[attachment deleted due to age]

cuproPanda

I did a quick scan of this thread, and didn't see anyone mention the fact that tribal raiders spawn with a ton of the force field fishing nets. Like, half of them have nets. I attached an image of a raid on my new colony. 2/3 of the tribals have them, and both of the first tribals to raid me had them. For now I can enjoy the good cashflow to my broke colony!

EDIT: updated image is too big, but on a bigger raid 5/15 had nets. Not necessarily a bad thing, but the description has it being an advanced item/weapon, and these are tribals

[attachment deleted due to age]
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Panzer

Question!

if (catchValue <= catchSomethingThreshold)
{
    actor.jobs.EndCurrentJob(JobCondition.Incompletable);
    return;
}

Shouldnt it be "catchValue > catchSomethingThreshold" instead? catchValue has range from 0 to 1 and catchSomethingThreshold should be "1" in best case, if I read that correctly?

cuproPanda

Quote from: Panzer on May 22, 2015, 06:45:23 PM
Question!

if (catchValue <= catchSomethingThreshold)
{
    actor.jobs.EndCurrentJob(JobCondition.Incompletable);
    return;
}

Shouldnt it be "catchValue > catchSomethingThreshold" instead? catchValue has range from 0 to 1 and catchSomethingThreshold should be "1" in best case, if I read that correctly?

Just going a priori it looks like that's a catch to make sure only colonists with a high enough skill can catch something. Basically, that colonist doesn't know what they're doing and will never catch anything
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!