[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's Miscellaneous (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, May 18, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikiki

@cuproPanda: Yep, it's on my TODO list. It happened too me too and found it quite hilarious! ;D

@Panzer: try the formula with some numbers! ;)
A very bad fisher with bad tools and snowy fishing spot will give: if (Rand.Value <= 0.2) => only 20% chance of success.
A skilled fisher with legendary tools will give: if (Rand.Value <= 1.0) => always true so 100% chance of success!
I know the name "catchSomethingThreshold" may be confusing but a threshold can used both ways! :)

@LittleGreenStone: thanks a lot! :D
I am working on integrating night fishes and the pearl.
I don't know what to do with the open oyster once eaten though... ???

Panzer

Ok nice to know worst threshold is 0.2. I guess I dont understand what "actor.jobs.EndCurrentJob(JobCondition.Incompletable)" does then, I thought thats when he ll abort, and 100% would mean always abort and never catch anything?
Or is it that the fishing job is run in an endless loop and thats the break there?

EDIT: Try and error :P I hardcoded 1.0 for "catchSomethingThreshold", ever since then my guys didnt catch a single fish

float catchValue = Rand.Value;
// 1 instead of "catchSomethingThreshold" to simulate legendary net 100% condition, 20 hunting skills, no snow
if (catchValue <= 1f)
{
   actor.jobs.EndCurrentJob(JobCondition.Incompletable);
   return;
}

/*
shouldnt it be:
if (!(catchValue <= catchSomethingThreshold))
{
   actor.jobs.EndCurrentJob(JobCondition.Incompletable);
   return;
}
*/

Rikiki

@Panzer: You're right! :-[ What a stupid error, I did not read well what was below this test... :o
I will correct it in the next release.

Panzer

No worries, everyone is prone to mistakes; I just added a 60% modifier to the formula and then hardcoded worst case condition for the threshold a few lines below ;D Took me some time to figure out why the multiplier didnt do anything... :P

Trying with 12% chance worst case/ 60% best case right now, still feels ok, might reduce it further, see what happens..

Panzer

Quote from: Panzer on May 21, 2015, 11:24:15 AM
Until I figure out how the math works, I ll stay with reduced catch quantity, I found something that feels about right for me:

Blueblade: 10 -> 2
Mashgon: 30 -> 15
Sduiggels unchanged
Tailteeth (butcher yield): 200 -> 100
[...]

Well I figured the math out (haha :P) and changed some values in my version, need further testing though, see how it goes:

-added 60% modifier for fishing piers, best case 60% success chance

Catchquantity:
Blueblade: 10 -> 3
Sduiggels: 3 -> 4

Butchertable:
Tailteeth (butcher yield): 200 -> 150
Blueblade (butcher quantity): 8 -> 6 (yield 60 meat)

Aquaponics:
Blueblade (breeding duration): 4 -> 3

So after 12 days with aquaponics the yields will be the following:
-Mashgon 90 Meat with 6 harvests
-Blueblade 120 Meat with 4 harvests
-Tailteeth 150 Meat with 1 harvest

Players could decide what to go for, quick but less meat with Mashgon and be less prone to microfunghi/power shortages or outages, the middle ground with some Blueblades or go for the big yield with Tailteeth but maybe get fucked over by the funghi or solar flares :P
I guess this will be further balanced by the butcher efficiency when it is added.

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Rikiki on May 23, 2015, 01:27:07 AM
@cuproPanda: Yep, it's on my TODO list. It happened too me too and found it quite hilarious! ;D

@Panzer: try the formula with some numbers! ;)
A very bad fisher with bad tools and snowy fishing spot will give: if (Rand.Value <= 0.2) => only 20% chance of success.
A skilled fisher with legendary tools will give: if (Rand.Value <= 1.0) => always true so 100% chance of success!
I know the name "catchSomethingThreshold" may be confusing but a threshold can used both ways! :)

@LittleGreenStone: thanks a lot! :D
I am working on integrating night fishes and the pearl.
I don't know what to do with the open oyster once eaten though... ???

I made two because I had no idea which one would be better. Fished open? Or eaten closed? Because it needs no preparation. So, it's your choice which one to use. :)

Panzer

Well, why not set up a butcher recipie, fished closed and then opened at the butcher table?

Testing with 45% best case now, that would make worst case 9%.
How many ticks does a day have, and how many ticks does the fishing cycle have? Several times 9% a day should be plenty though, been a while since I had stochastics :P

cuproPanda

Quote from: Panzer on May 23, 2015, 07:31:24 AM
go for the big yield with Tailteeth but maybe get fucked over by the funghi

As I am getting ready to build my hydroponics and aquaponics rooms, this worries me just a bit. I am imagining either a boss enemy fish, or a fungus that takes over the entire walk-in freezer once it is exposed to cold... Actually, I'm excited for the latter. With a very low chance of occurrence, that sounds pretty cool!
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Panzer

Haha, dont get your hopes up, it is just fungus fucking with the fishes (well, not literally :P), you might lose quite a bit of food though.
Im thinking about a bad event concerning fishing though, once I understand the events a little bit better, I might try to write something up or ask Rikiki to do it ;)

Timmiej93

So, I'm probably overlooking something here, but is there a way to keep the Aquaponic basin filled without micromanagement?

I've noticed that at random points (I think it's random at least) the basin get's cleared / the species died, got extracted, I don't know what, but they aren't in there anymore. Therefore, I have to add a bill to add 1x eggs again, for every basin that's empty. In my testing, when I added a bill for adding multiple eggs, they just did it one after the other, resetting the growth percentage every time.

So is there a way to make sure the basins keep getting filled with eggs (if it's empty) without having to check manually from time to time?

Rikiki

Nope, for now you have to check it and reassign manually.
I will add an alert (like the "No aquaponic hopper next to aquaponic basin" to tell you when an aquaponic basin is not breeding anything.
Thanks for the idea! :)

By the way, you can easily check if an aquaponic basin is breeding by looking at the control panel: there is a small fish icon. ;)
The bubbles quantity also reflects the water quality (continuous bubbles = good quality water ;D, few bubbles = bad quality water :-[).

Timmiej93

Thanks for the reply Rikiki, appreciate it.
I'm quite curious what direction you're gonna go with this topic, the beginning is awesome, keep up the good work!

Panzer

Another reason for the fish dying can be when theres not enough food in the hopper, e.g. theres 29 strawberries in the hopper, your warehouse is full to the brim with potatoes but not strawberries. The fish will starve then because they re lacking the required amount (the fish need 30 food a day), you need manually haul that stuff then to higher priority zone.

@Rikiki something for your todo list:
- Harpoon has no fishing animation, the guy just stands at the pier

Timmiej93

It indeed seems like all my fish were dying of starvation, thanks for pointing that one out Panzer

Panzer

If someone wants to try my balance suggestions, I attached them, you just need to copy it into the mod folder and replace it.
Changes:
20% modifier for fishing piers: worst case 4%/ best case 20% (which is still plenty in my opinion)

catch quantity:
Blueblade: 10 -> 3
Sduiggels: 3 -> 4

Butchertable:
Tailteeth (butcher yield): 200 -> 150
Blueblade (butcher quantity): 8 -> 6 (yield 60 meat)
Sduiggels (butcher quantity): 3 -> 4 (yield 28 meat)

Aquaponics:
Blueblade (breeding duration): 4 -> 3

[attachment deleted due to age]