[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's Miscellaneous (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, May 18, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki88

Not to come across as a nit picky douche, but shouldn't the basin be an aquaculture basin instead of aquaponics? Aquaculture = growing of aquatic livestock. Aquaponics = growing of plants hydroponically using waste / excrement from a contained aquaculture tank as the nutrient solution. Aquaponics are great because the fish waste feeds the plants, and the plants clean the water for the fish. Could be implemented as a basin that's attachable to the tank to help reduce fungus occurrence or help maintain water quality, but it's likely far more of a pain in the butt to implement than it's worth.

I love this mod, I only just downloaded it last night so I'm still getting used to it

Loki88

Not sure if its a bug or a conflict with one of the other mods I'm using (around 20ish) but one of my fishing piers works as intended when colonists fish from it. Colonist runs up to the pier and fishes, simple. The other pier (its neighbor) can be operated from anywhere on the map. The colonists never run up to it, they just fish on the spot wherever they happened to be when the job came up. One has fished from their bedroom, another stands in the freezer and fishes. Any idea?

Rikiki

Thanks for the feedback Loki88 (English is not my native language...). ::)
I will correct this wording for A11. :)

As for the fishing bug, that's quite funny in fact! ;D I will need to investigate this strange behavior... :P

demacrex

Question about caveworld flora: I looked through this thread and didn't find it but I was wondering if there is a way to increase the amount of caves that will spawn on map gen, kinda thought that would work in tandem with this mod really well, and I've seen somewhere on the forums where someone tweaked the map gen and it spawned a whole 350x350 map covered in structures, so I was wondering if something similar could be done to achieve a large amount of caves on a mountain map? :)
If Rimworld taught me anything, it's that 95% of your problems can be killed and eaten.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Rikiki on June 08, 2015, 03:58:36 PM
Thanks for the feedback Loki88 (English is not my native language...). ::)
I will correct this wording for A11. :)

As for the fishing bug, that's quite funny in fact! ;D I will need to investigate this strange behavior... :P

Rikiki we miss you  ;)

Rikiki

Don't worry, I will be back! 8)

But... given my family situation, I may have to skip this A11 alpha... :P
I still need to check this amazing new fallout event! ;)

nmid

A12 is going to be longer than A10>11... so I expect you'll have time for A11 :)

Humor aside, do take care.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Pez

Any chance you could make an ice fishing mod?

Remorium

I did test the Cave Flora mod, and while it doesn't throw up any errors, I didn't get any mushrooms to start growing. Unsure if I just didn't spend enough time with the save file, or if it's just because it is outdated. At least it's something.

pktongrimworld

problem with cave world flora is just all the graphics/texture paths definitions (those thingy in xml) got renamed in the maingame.. *WHY TYRAN WHY YOU DO TIS*

I will let you know in an hour to see if I can get caveworld flora to work.

*tried fish industry, but A11 seem to break it completely. wont even load/load error msgs so I can fix it

pktongrimworld

yeeeep...<graphicData> and </graphicData> need to be reinserted and the paths changed to <texPath>

I have no idea what Tyran is thinking when he make these changes.

or <graphicSunShadowInfo> to <ShadowData> folded into <graphic data>

Patrykbono20

Rikiki

Don't bother anymore, Caveworld Flora has been updated to Alpha 11! :)

And no, mods for previous versions will not work on the current one.
Tynan has good reasons to change the code: it's cleaner, more logical and easier to find graphic-related data! ;)

jerome736

Thanks for the update! I love the added flair the Cave fauna mod contributes to the immersion :)

pktongrimworld

yay   T.T

*welp, teaches me to spend 6 hours to try to fix things...
*downloads Rikki's