[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's Miscellaneous (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, May 18, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikiki

@1000101: excellent idea! :D I will do this for the next update.

@Quoth: don't worry, there is no virus in my mods ;) What is your browser?

@Stephanuz: you should get some info in the inspection panel if something is wrong.
To breed the fishes:
* you need a LOT of food (about 30 per day, consumed in 1 time) so make sure your hopper(s) are filled up.
* temperature must be in range [0°; 40°C].
* the basin must be powered.
The microfungus event may disturb it! ;)
Can you post a screenshot with the temperature highlighted?

Karnej

I was using the fish industry mod with a homemade modpack and noticed strange behavior when I tried to prepare the different fish I had caught. I had bills up for all the types possible but my cook would never butcher them. I would do bills before and after it but it wouldn't realize that we had fish ready to prepare. I tried it with a fresh install by itself and still had the same problem. Everything else works fine including cooking on the camp fire but I can't get the raw fish to interact with the butcher table. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Rikiki

Quote from: Karnej on August 04, 2015, 07:52:49 PM
I was using the fish industry mod with a homemade modpack and noticed strange behavior when I tried to prepare the different fish I had caught. I had bills up for all the types possible but my cook would never butcher them. I would do bills before and after it but it wouldn't realize that we had fish ready to prepare. I tried it with a fresh install by itself and still had the same problem. Everything else works fine including cooking on the camp fire but I can't get the raw fish to interact with the butcher table. Let me know if I can do anything to help.
Thanks for the report Karnej. :)

First, some basic questions:
* do you have enough fishes to perform the recipes? Some recipes need several fishes as ingredients.
* is the "search ingredient radius" well configured?
* do you have a mod that modify the cooking system? (bulk meal maybe?)
* do you use the EdB interface?

Could please you send me your mod list and a screenshot of the bug displaying the butcher table recipes and the fishes stockpile?

zenfur

Hey, I'm trying to make a shroom farm in cave on my desert map, as I lack food. Any tips what should I keep to make mushrooms grow? They tend to stick to 2 places and dont want to expand :(
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

Karnej

Hey Rikki, thanks for the help. Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. I figured out my problem. Long story short it was the fact I needed more than one fish for some of the bills like you said. I was trying to do fishing as early food since I love it so much but they were rotting faster than I could get enough to butcher. Am I missing something for early game or is it more of and option after you have a fridge up? I'm using superior crafting in the main pack so I don't have access to that at the start. Anyways thanks again for a awesome niche mod that I hate playing without.

zenfur

Does the fishing rod quality matter for fishing power?

Rikiki

Quote from: zenfur on August 18, 2015, 11:12:01 AM
Does the fishing rod quality matter for fishing power?
Yep, the fishing success takes into account fisher's skill, fishing tool quality and durability.

zenfur

Thanks for reply! :D

Could you give a hint how fishing tools differ? You said harpoon < fishing rod < force net, but they don't seem to differ much for me.

Also from my observations unfortunately I can't make shroom farms. Any tips how to cultivate them best?

harpo99999

zenfur, in my experience with the mod, the shrooms grow on rough rock floor, but do not grow on smoothed or any other surface

Rikiki

Oops, forgot about your shroom farm question... ;D

In fact, this mod was more designed in a "decorative" way than "productive". So, having a shroom farm will be quite hard. :P
The shrooms growth in clusters of different sizes. Each cluster has an "exclusive area" (this represent the miscelium/the roots of this cluster). The bigger the cluster, the bigger the exclusive area.
So digging small caves along a corridor should be your best chance. You can also pave the corridor to keep the shrooms in the caves.
Good luck and post a screenshot of your cave farm! :D

zenfur

Quote from: Canute on August 20, 2015, 09:12:46 AM
You can't made a shroom farm, like a growing area.
The shrooms grow when they want to grow, you just need to give them alot room and then they pop up.
Like harpo said, they only grow on rough floor, and they need not rock walls not far away then 2 fields.
Best are you dig small 4x4 rooms or one big room and left a rock wall each 4 fields.
At this way the shrooms got enough room to grow.

This I figured out, yet I was looking for a way to dig as minimum as possible, while I dug every rock chunk I had leaving pillars in grid with 4 space tiles. At quite large chunk (around 80x50 tiles) I had 5 shrooming groups. I was experimenting with how to gather them best, but no matter what I did the yield was the same (sort of). Anyways, this gave me the edge in struggle for survival with food on the desert with crash landing mod and 15 people to feed.

I kinda wish you could craft mycellium of each shroom by collecting lots of them and preparing them at some crafting table which would be "soil" "mycellium" plantable on rough/smoothed cave floors with overhead mountain/rock ceiling. This floor would guarantee spawning chance for given sort of shroom without caring about their original mechanics (and possibly expand on adjacent rough-stone floors with their original mechanics). If they pop, they would still behave like normal shrooms growing wise and die if they are too far away from the cave wall.

Also this mycellium floor should shine glow like original shrooms, just a lot weaker.

What do you think?

Also I feel that shimmershroom outshines glowbulb with its greatness. Maybe to compensate this make glowbulb yield more at harvesting. You could picture glowbulb as a small shroom that grows in great numbers (with image of swarm of shrooms growing at 1 tile). If you want I can test here my drawing skills :D

Having that said, I'd give these shrooms a little more unique identities, as they all are looking kinda the same. Shimmershroom could stay as it is, glowbulb could be a swarm of little shrooms and Gleamcap could be even beefier and maybe puff some gasses out from time to time.

Hope you like my suggestions ^^. Great mod anyways.

dismar

pktongrimworld

fiiiiish

just missing (caveworld) fungus now :D

LanMc

Hi, trying to download the latest update for Fishing industries and I keep getting a 504 Gateway timeout.  Just thought I would let you know.

Thanks for the awesome mods!  I will check back tomorrow and try to dl it again then.
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...