[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's Miscellaneous (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, May 18, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimandevil

welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Kaballah

Sea Snakes butcher into wayyyyyyyyy too much meat, for as cheap as they cost to buy/embark with on points (with Prepare Carefully) and also when they come down in cargo pods incident.  They should also probably not stack as high for as much meat as they give.  Very interesting mod though, I like everything else very much!

Grimandevil

any way to propperly add fishing rod to outfits, to stop force-equipping it?
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

TLHeart

Quote from: Grimandevil on December 26, 2015, 02:21:44 PM
any way to propperly add fishing rod to outfits, to stop force-equipping it?

simple xml change in the fishing pole definition.

find this,
    <thingCategories>
      <li>Items</li>
    </thingCategories>

change to this,
    <thingCategories>
      <li>Apparel</li>
    </thingCategories>

works great.

This is the way it is in the MVP mod pack, and no problems.

Grimandevil

Kaballah

Rikiki here's an idea that goes along with both fishing and cave plants, although it may be a real pain to implement since it involves map generation: would it be possible to have small "hidden springs" patches of water that could be placed inside rock, the way metal is placed in Genstep_ScatterMineableBlotches, maybe with a little empty space bordering it?

Kaballah

Quote from: MultiDavid on September 16, 2015, 03:17:43 PM
Well you see, when you butcher a tailteeth for example, you get LOTS and i mean LOTS of meat, if you butcher 5 blueblade you get around 50 something fillets, and by having 1 fisher, i have more meat than if i was to hunt all of the map's wildlife combined >_<

I'm gonna agree with this and suggest you reduce how much food a single fisher can produce.  Even one fisher with minimum skill, no special work speed backgrounds or anything, makes way more food than it probably should.  Maybe you could make the fishing job take more work per fish pulled or something?

LittleGreenStone

Rikiki,
I've tried fiddling with the FishIndustry's defs (tried to balance it out to fit my taste) when I ran into this line
<breedQuantity>
Unfortunately, it seem to have no impact on the aquaponics (orwut) basin's output at all, as the amount of fishies those produce is based on
<catchQuantity>
instead.
Are you planning on making it work in the future?
Also, I've tried to increase the time it takes to to catch them fishies, unfortunately I couldn't find anything regarding that time.
Could you tell me if/how I can change that?

Thank you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:
Also, I've solved your oyster problem. I think.
I mean, I haven't noticed the colonists eating oysters, nor my oyster stocks decreasing, in hours of gameplay, so I think they ain't eating it on their own.
Anyway, thought something has to give the order for pawns to eat choco, so I looked through the defs, and found it:
Core\Defs\JoyGiverDefs\JoyGivers.xml

Copied the chocolate entry then renamed it, and see wonders it works(!), now colonists eat them oysters on their own.
  <JoyGiverDef>
    <defName>EatOyster</defName>
    <giverClass>JoyGiver_Ingest</giverClass>
    <baseChance>2.5</baseChance>
    <thingDef>Oyster</thingDef>
    <joyKind>Gluttonous</joyKind>
  </JoyGiverDef>

Thank me! ;D

Rikiki

Hi LittleGreenStone!
Thanks for your feedback.
1) There is effectively a mistake in the last release version. The GetProduction function should use breedQuantity instead of catchQuantity.
2) I cannot make this job's duration variable as it is not a recipe. However, you can modify the hardcoded value "fishingDuration" (currently set to 600) in the JobDriver_FishAtFishingPier.MakeNewToils function.
3) Wouhou! That's great news. You found the XML step I missed while I was looking deep into the core source code! ;D

It is soon time for an update I think! :)

Vas

I like the cave world looks, I just don't want to rewrite my hydroponics mod for compatibility and such so I'll skip it for now.  :P
Also like the Terraformer, but I'd prefer it's super weapon have a limited number of uses.  I haven't tried it, as I have already too many mods to count installed.  I try to keep the balance really.  :P

"But I'm so hungry!" xP
Should add some poison mushrooms in too though, make it hard to tel what's good or bad until after some research is done or enough people have died on shrooms.  xP
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Rikiki on January 24, 2016, 03:02:25 PM
Hi LittleGreenStone!
Thanks for your feedback.
1) There is effectively a mistake in the last release version. The GetProduction function should use breedQuantity instead of catchQuantity.
2) I cannot make this job's duration variable as it is not a recipe. However, you can modify the hardcoded value "fishingDuration" (currently set to 600) in the JobDriver_FishAtFishingPier.MakeNewToils function.
3) Wouhou! That's great news. You found the XML step I missed while I was looking deep into the core source code! ;D

It is soon time for an update I think! :)

Eh, I think I'll just skip the hardcoded part, I haven't the slightest idea how to open the .dll files to begin with. :-[
Not really a problem though, since you said there's a mistake and you'll update it in the future (is it going to be for A12 still, or for A13?).
With breedQuantity in the game, I'll be easily able to reduce the amount caught from piers, as well as the yield/fish without reducing the amount fish farms produce (my current obstacle), to balance it according to my taste.
Also, I think I've run into lines about manipulation/sight/consciousness affecting something,
it'll be good.  ;D

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Vas on January 25, 2016, 01:08:11 AM
I like the cave world looks, I just don't want to rewrite my hydroponics mod for compatibility and such so I'll skip it for now.  :P

Not sure what you're talking about, although I had to make a small change (the sowtag of shrooms), I am able to grow them in your hydroponics, seemingly without issues.
I couldn't find anything regarding the growth speed of shrooms (other plants clearly state how fast they're going) so I do not know if fertility actually affects their growing speed or not, I'll have to test that.

Side note;
Do you know how freakin' cool it is to have your base lit up by shrooms?
Very cool.

-------------------------------------
Edit:
My mistake, I think I know your issue.

Rikiki, you may (or may not?) wish to make a change; growing shrooms works great (in your shroom farm, or anywhere else given the change mentioned above), but as soon as the floor tiles under it are changed, shrooms cease to grow.
Either rough stone, or no shrooms.  :-\

Kaballah

Quote from: Rikiki on May 18, 2015, 06:12:03 PM
Caveworld flora

A small bug with this: your custom plants can be marked for deconstruction, and when this is done it throws exceptions.  Not a really big deal but you should probably restrict the types of designators that can be used on your plants (however that is done).

Kaballah

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on January 25, 2016, 01:47:13 AM
Rikiki, you may (or may not?) wish to make a change; growing shrooms works great (in your shroom farm, or anywhere else given the change mentioned above), but as soon as the floor tiles under it are changed, shrooms cease to grow.
Either rough stone, or no shrooms.  :-\

I'm certain this is intended, if you're going to get the benefit of sterile tile (e.g.) for walk speed and cleanliness then it shouldn't also have a bunch of fungus growing out of it.

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Kaballah on January 25, 2016, 06:52:45 PM

I'm certain this is intended, if you're going to get the benefit of sterile tile (e.g.) for walk speed and cleanliness then it shouldn't also have a bunch of fungus growing out of it.

No, you misunderstood me.

I'm not expecting fungi to grow on sterile tiles of course,
I'm expecting fungi to grow in hydroponics (or fungiponics) with sterile tiles beneath it.