[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's Miscellaneous (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, May 18, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaballah

Rikiki

Quote from: Kaballah on January 25, 2016, 06:51:03 PM
A small bug with this: your custom plants can be marked for deconstruction, and when this is done it throws exceptions.  Not a really big deal but you should probably restrict the types of designators that can be used on your plants (however that is done).
Mmh, I need to check that too then.
You guys really have a gift to find corner cases I never thought of! ;D

For the fungiponics, I force it to be built on rough stone. I see this building as a simple wooden square pot like this so... I need to think about it but don't expect too much.  :P

Kaballah

Hey also I see you have code in the fishing industry mod for "water source is frozen" but that isn't actually enforced, do you have it commented out or just not called or something?

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Rikiki on January 26, 2016, 05:36:25 PM

For the fungiponics, I force it to be built on rough stone.
I need to think about it but don't expect too much.  :P

Hm, so it's intentional then? Interesting.
Well, you know.
It's not that problematic, although in my opinion, having to have "overhead mountain" above for them to grow is enough of a restriction.

Shrooms have positive beauty, and now that I know of it, it's only an inconvenience when I forget about it and accidentally build floors underneath them, essentially halting shroom production.

Side note: Fertility doesn't affect shroom growth rate. Might be a good thing though, they grow relatively fast anyway, any faster and it'd be OP.

Rikiki

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on January 27, 2016, 04:47:26 AM
Hm, so it's intentional then? Interesting.
Well, you know.
It's not that problematic, although in my opinion, having to have "overhead mountain" above for them to grow is enough of a restriction.

Shrooms have positive beauty, and now that I know of it, it's only an inconvenience when I forget about it and accidentally build floors underneath them, essentially halting shroom production.

Side note: Fertility doesn't affect shroom growth rate. Might be a good thing though, they grow relatively fast anyway, any faster and it'd be OP.
Well it is a bit historical:
1) First, there were only mushrooms growing on rough stone floors. I wanted it to be natural plants so not growing on artificial floors.
2) Thus no fertility is taken into account as stone floors have a 0 fertility (to prevent vanilla plants to grow on it, logical!).
3) Then some people asked for the fungiponics so I added it but had to use some tricks so the mushroom could grow away from a wall if it is in a basin.
I hope my decisions are clearer. :)

Kaballah

FYI, Rikiki's custom plants just require a roof of any kind overhead, even constructed roof will do, it doesn't have to be overhead mountain.

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Kaballah on January 28, 2016, 10:48:14 PM
FYI, Rikiki's custom plants just require a roof of any kind overhead, even constructed roof will do, it doesn't have to be overhead mountain.

That's odd, I remember trying that, and I remember the plants being stuck at 5% for days.

I'll check it again, don't want to spread false information.

Kaballah

There are other requirements: temperature, nearness to un-mined solid rock, something else I don't remember.
e: Poking around in the code I see:
Temperature must be above 0C and below 58C, optimally between 10C and 30C
Terrain must be "rough", whether naturally barren rock or rough-hewn
Must be within 2(?) tiles of natural rock block, constructions do not count
Must be covered by a roof (no type is specified); the tile does not have to be enclosed in a room
Cluster sizes have a maximum radius of 2(?)

Zeta Omega

Rikiki

Quote from: Zeta Omega on January 29, 2016, 09:06:45 PM
Question, is the sky-thing a one time use or multi
You can use it multiple times :) but it needs to charge up between each use and it draws a lot of power during charge (10k IIRC).

viktoria.s

Hi,

I love your mods. I played with the caveworld flora mod and I also used T's more floors mod (http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4373.0). And unfortunately the cave plants grow on the rough paving floor. But it was easy to fix: if the CavePlant class's IsTerrainConditionOk is something like this:

public static bool IsTerrainConditionOk(IntVec3 cavePlantPosition)
        {
            TerrainDef terrain =  find.TerrainGrid.TerrainAt(cavePlantPosition);
    if (!terrain.layerable && terrain.defName.Contains("Rough"))

{
                return true;
            }
            return false;
        }

then the problem does not occur.
And one other thing could you make the caveworld plant s growth depend on the biomes definition? I have played on the Ice sheet biome and there are no plants in the biome definition. IMHO it would be great if the cave plants wouldn't grow either.

Rikiki

Hi viktoria.s!
I am glad you like my mods, thanks!

About the rough floor:
1) T's rough paved floor is... rough! ;D So why couldn't the shroom growth on it?
2) I try to be as compatible as I can but my main goal is to fit with vanilla game. I am aware that my mods are not perfect but keep in mind I cannot take into account all the cases created by other mods (I was not aware of the existence of this floor for example ;))!
3) Your modification seems perfect, it is already integrated in my code for the next release. Thank you! :D

About the biome:
1) Shroom's growth depends on several factors including temperature.
2) I did not tested it on ice sheet but shrooms should not spawn if temperature is too low (< 0°C).
3) For the growing ones, you could imagine spores were in cryostasis and started their growth when you warm up the atmosphere! :)

angrybold

hey peeps
i can into trouble with the fish industrie mod
i cant get any meat out of processing the fish on the butcher table
the fish just disappears
whats wrong? :((
Lennard

Rikiki

Quote from: angrybold on February 27, 2016, 04:48:25 PM
hey peeps
i can into trouble with the fish industrie mod
i cant get any meat out of processing the fish on the butcher table
the fish just disappears
whats wrong? :((
Lennard
There seems to be some incompatibility with another mod or a wrong mod order.
Do you have any mod modifying the butcher table? Or interface mod like EdB?
Please post your output_log.txt and your mods list so I can help you further. :)