[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's Miscellaneous (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, May 18, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HolyWinter

-Sigh-
This saddens me but after diligently seeking out what was causing my Rimworld to not save anymore, I eventually pinpointed it to the CaveworldFlora Mod. I'm really not sure why but with it active upon attempting to save it does so very quickly and there is no save file created afterwards.

Any ideas?

Another member, Kreuzberger I believe was having the same issue. He was using Caveworld Flora as well.
My Mods:
♫ Rimusic ♫
Find me on Steam and also follow my curator page!
My Steam Page.
~Holy

Rikiki

Could you please post your output_log.txt file please?
Are you using a modpack?

HolyWinter

Alright, where to begin?
I decided to give your Caveflora another attempt to find the source of the mod conflicting with it.
The problem went from being unable to save to being able to save but unable to load the save.

After messing around with the mod orders, adding, removing etc.
I came across 2 "Jakubs cat mods" or "catmod" in the unloaded mods side, your Caveflora was working fine. Upon activating one of them, I save and can't load, upon activating both while on top on each other, I can save and load with Caveflora active.
Upon separating them both still activated, unable to load but able to save, upon removing Caveflora and leaving the two catmods active and separate, I'm able to save and load again.

In the end the second catmod was actually in his Fakelawn mod "lawnmod". For some reason opening up the "about.xml" file gave me this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<ModMetaData>

<name>Jakub's Cat mod</name>

<author>Jakub k.</author>

<targetVersion>Alpha 13</targetVersion>

<description> This mod allows cats to be trainable </description>

</ModMetaData>

I don't know if it is corrupt but I just deleted them both and I'm using your Caveflora just fine now.
Not even going to bother with the catmod/lawnmod oddity, just for some reason in particular conditions they did not run well will Caveflora.
My Mods:
♫ Rimusic ♫
Find me on Steam and also follow my curator page!
My Steam Page.
~Holy

Exende

I'm getting nullreference exceptions every time the gleamcap sprays it's mist, it still works as intended I guess (pawns still get the positive thought) so technically it isn't a problem, but pops up every time it does that

Rikiki

Quote from: Exende on May 20, 2016, 06:48:51 PM
I'm getting nullreference exceptions every time the gleamcap sprays it's mist, it still works as intended I guess (pawns still get the positive thought) so technically it isn't a problem, but pops up every time it does that
Could you please post your output_log.txt file? It will help me to find out what is happening. :)

Exende

Exception ticking GleamcapSporeSpawner2728824: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at CaveworldFlora.GleamcapSporeSpawner.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

could just be a pointer thing

Rikiki

I just updated Caveworld flora to V13.1.

@Exende: I am unable to reproduce the bug but I supose it may be due to a mod adding pawns without mood.
Please tell me if it is OK now. :)

Ghizmo

Could you possibly add an ice-fishing option to the fishing mod?
I would love to see that, cos I'm trying to keep an ice-sheet colony working and this would definatly be a great addition to the early game or whenever there is an annoying solar flare.

Rikiki

You can already fish on a coastal ice sheet map. ;)

I think that an ice sheet is too thick to be drilled. This should not be an early game option in my opinion. ???

silentbob981988

Great mod btw
BUT!!!11111oneoneeleven  ;D ,
i have the save error too.

My modlist is attached too as the output_log

Tested it out a bit,
first i thought it was glittertech and Genetic engineering&expanded prosthetics and organd engineering&compability patch....
but now i just get the error message and it still saves \o/
must be a load order thing.
Caveworld flora is now near the top, just blow all core parts and edb mod order, need to check if shrooms spawn as intended.
*Shrooms pops up* :)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Rikiki

All right! I was investigating in my source code but it will save me some time! :D

Do you still get an error message like this?
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CaveworldFlora.MapComponent_CavePlant.GetCavePlantDefsList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CaveworldFlora.MapComponent_CavePlant.MapComponentTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I have updated Caveworld flora to V13.2 to improve robustness.

silentbob981988

yes its still there and
... well while is can save now, i cant load the save, something with a asynchronus event 13.1 has that too

Raufgar

Quote from: Rikiki on June 04, 2016, 11:46:40 AM
All right! I was investigating in my source code but it will save me some time! :D

Do you still get an error message like this?
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CaveworldFlora.MapComponent_CavePlant.GetCavePlantDefsList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CaveworldFlora.MapComponent_CavePlant.MapComponentTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I have updated Caveworld flora to V13.2 to improve robustness.

Hi Rikiki,

I'm seeing this exact error. After moving this mod near the top, the exception error stopped showing up on start, but still shows up after loading or starting a colony.

Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

Rikiki

Could you please check with the last version?
I added some debug info to debug this.
Start a new colony to ensure the map component is well initialized. :)

magik20

Hi Rikiki, some users of the ModPack by Crusader are experiencing conflicts that might be related to Caveworld Flora

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20669.75