[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's Miscellaneous (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, May 18, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatti

Here you have FishIndustry. Sadly, you need CCL now for it. Had to detour something to get the pier working.
Have fun.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6nqs86m918j1ce/FishIndustry.rar

mo0504

Only with CCL? oh lord fishy died for me...very sad

Hatti

dunno if its possible without CCL. They removed the "Any" terrain and therefore the check if a object can be placed will deny it if its mud or something near the water. Had to detour this check and dont know if any other, non ccl based, way is possible.

But tell me, whats so bad about CCL?

pktongrimworld

GASP FISHIES WORK?

*just need fungus now.

mo0504

Quote from: Hatti on August 12, 2016, 11:23:25 AM
dunno if its possible without CCL. They removed the "Any" terrain and therefore the check if a object can be placed will deny it if its mud or something near the water. Had to detour this check and dont know if any other, non ccl based, way is possible.

I'm playing the vanilla, the only mod i've used is the fishy mod, i dont wanna have too much modifications in the game and i guess CCL modifies many things. BTW i've tested it with CCL and the pier dont work, the whole floor is to unstable for building the pier... sorry for the bad english its not my native language

Exende

Hatti

Quote from: mo0504 on August 12, 2016, 02:30:30 PM
Quote from: Hatti on August 12, 2016, 11:23:25 AM

I'm playing the vanilla, the only mod i've used is the fishy mod, i dont wanna have too much modifications in the game and i guess CCL modifies many things. BTW i've tested it with CCL and the pier dont work, the whole floor is to unstable for building the pier... sorry for the bad english its not my native language

tried placing it like this? and also made sure, CCL is the first mod after core, and restarted game after loading mods?
normaly, CCL dont modify very much (correct me if im wrong). only adds few things u dont need to use. The Vanilla additions from it change gamemechanics

Quote from: Hatti on August 12, 2016, 11:08:58 AMHere you have FishIndustry. Sadly, you need CCL now for it. Had to detour something to get the pier working.

Actually, you didn't need to detour anything and you are doing it dangerously.

Firstly, all detours should be done in the confines of a SpecialInjector to insure load-order injections.

Secondly, CCL already handles the issue of building on terrain with it's detour of GenConstruct.CanBuildOnTerrain.  All you had to do was add the place worker PlaceWorker_OnlyOnTerrain with the proper terrain types in addition to the fishing piers own place worker to further make sure it's correctly placed.

As to the "sadly", the whole point of CCL is so that modders don't have to reproduce functionality or core fixes for this type of thing.

Quote from: Hatti on August 12, 2016, 04:23:46 PMnormaly, CCL dont modify very much (correct me if im wrong). only adds few things u dont need to use. The Vanilla additions from it change gamemechanics

CCL is actually do a lot including but not limited to adding functionality, unlocking hard-coding and fixing core bugs.  Perhaps you should check the sources on github?
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.