[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's Miscellaneous (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, May 18, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topper

pktongrimworld

*rocks back and forth for fish and swooms.

Topper

Could someone please take this one over and update it for 14? Thanks

kaptain_kavern

No because Rikiki clearly stated that he will came back

lorebot

Quote from: Topper on August 27, 2016, 03:55:19 AM
Could someone please take this one over and update it for 14? Thanks

Quote from: Rikiki on August 16, 2016, 02:11:18 PM
Quote from: Topper on August 15, 2016, 10:06:21 PM
Anyone working on mushrooms? I've never tried the fish one but mushrooms add a lot of character to the map
I am! ;D

lance789

thank you for the fish industry a14 update! :D

Topper

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 27, 2016, 09:59:29 AM
No because Rikiki clearly stated that he will came back

Hence the asking for SOMEONE ELSE to finish it. The guy is busy so why not someone else? why hold other people hostage to his schedule?. If he wants to come back and work on it great but until his mysterious future return it would be nice to have this working in 14. 

kaptain_kavern

Because it's his mod and he may have his particular vision for it and his way of how it must be updated.

That is something that is called etiquette and/or respect between modders if you want.

The guy never have sold something to you that he must update, it's not what is called been taken hostage.

Topper

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 27, 2016, 06:52:29 PM
Because it's his mod and he may have his particular vision for it and his way of how it must be updated.

That is something that is called etiquette and/or respect between modders if you want.

The guy never have sold something to you that he must update, it's not what is called been taken hostage.
I'm asking someone else make it work not change it fundamentally. Its courtesy police like you who are taking the mod hostage. As if making the thing work is blood libel and copyright infringement. If the original author cant fix it for whatever reason you are going to guilt everyone else into not helping?  What a bunch of PC BS.

kaptain_kavern

Now I am the courtesy police... It's kinda nice of you calling me this because most of the time I've been accused of quite the contrary for updating mods too quickly and called thief. Me it's not because of copyright it's because I know Rikiki will do it.
Plus idk C# coding.

You're here insulting peoples that have bring you more features for free in a game you paid for. Am I the only one finding this is BS?

Rikiki

Wow, wow, calm down gentlemen! ;)

A few reasons of why all my mods are not yet updated:

• Spending time with my family and my friends is more important to ME than a video game. ::)
  • Any of my mod is is just a little addon to this awesome game, you can still play without it and enjoy the vanilla game!
  • These mods are a FREE PRESENT from me to the community and I am pleased that some of you are fond of it! :D
  • I am not paid for it and I do not owe anything to anybody. >:( Encouraging me is the right way to get me motivated! Stressing me, no way... I have already a real job for that! ;)
  • The game is still in alpha and many things change every update. Each update requires me to think about the pertinence and balance of my mods. A deep scanner is added to the game, so should the MMS be available? Party have been implemented in A14, so should the pyre mod be updated?
  • I am updating the rest of my mods for A15. Why waste some time for A14 as it will be obsolete in a few days/weeks?

Side note: did you remember this mod from A6? 8) It finally made its way into vanilla! ;D

pktongrimworld

:)

yay

*funny though, I refrained from playing rimworld since founding out A15 already on steam unstable*

Topper

Quote from: Rikiki on August 28, 2016, 07:31:08 AM

• Spending time with my family and my friends is more important to ME than a video game. ::)
  • Any of my mod is is just a little addon to this awesome game, you can still play without it and enjoy the vanilla game!
  • These mods are a FREE PRESENT from me to the community and I am pleased that some of you are fond of it! :D
  • I am not paid for it and I do not owe anything to anybody. >:( Encouraging me is the right way to get me motivated! Stressing me, no way... I have already a real job for that! ;)
  • The game is still in alpha and many things change every update. Each update requires me to think about the pertinence and balance of my mods. A deep scanner is added to the game, so should the MMS be available? Party have been implemented in A14, so should the pyre mod be updated?
  • I am updating the rest of my mods for A15. Why waste some time for A14 as it will be obsolete in a few days/weeks?

Side note: did you remember this mod from A6? 8) It finally made its way into vanilla! ;D

Thats great about the mining drill. Hopefully mushrooms are next.

I need mushrooms for 14 because it takes ~2 months for all the mods I use to be updated for a given release. I have nearly every one  I want working for 14. Why would I want to wait another few months for the mods to be updated to 15? Rikki, You have no obligation to do it yourself but there is no reason why someone else cant do it if you arnt willing/able.  You've said twice now you are too busy so open the door here please.

Mese

I gave up on the alert system which I used to love having in my game ... it was never enabled for V14 , I doubt it will be enabled for V15 either :(

Nemo1985

Quote from: Topper on August 28, 2016, 08:44:01 PM
Quote from: Rikiki on August 28, 2016, 07:31:08 AM

Thats great about the mining drill. Hopefully mushrooms are next.

I need mushrooms for 14 because it takes ~2 months for all the mods I use to be updated for a given release. I have nearly every one  I want working for 14. Why would I want to wait another few months for the mods to be updated to 15? Rikki, You have no obligation to do it yourself but there is no reason why someone else cant do it if you arnt willing/able.  You've said twice now you are too busy so open the door here please.

I fully agree with you... Caveworld flora is the only mod I miss for 14, I checked on daily basis if it was updated...