[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's Miscellaneous (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, May 18, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikiki

It is possible to change this by modifying the vanilla marsh def.
However, I am quite reluctant to directly override vanilla def for compatibility reasons.
Maybe in next alpha... Keep hope! ;)

Old Marm

Your mods are wonderful, essential.  I particularly like your fishing industry.  I have a question about the crafting of fishing rods and harpoons.  Is there a way to tie this crafting to the tribal crafting spot in the vanilla game?  This type of fishing tech is not all that advanced. A pronged fishing spear could be (as in reality) crafted from wood.  Fishing adds so much to the game possibilities.

chumbaba

Quote from: Serenity on October 10, 2016, 09:58:01 AM
But it's a pier. You'd think they'd just sink the posts in deep enough.

I know it's that way in vanilla and for most buildings it makes sense. Here it's not just illogical, but also bad for gameplay as in boreal forest all lakes are surrounded my a strip of marsh

vegetable garden mod offers a solution for changing mud into soil and therfore useable with the pier

animagus_kitty

Wouldn't swear to it, but I think moisture pumps are in vanilla--they're just awfully slow. But they do work.

jmababa

wow just fished up a 10 plastasteel and 30 gold just today. This fishing mod is amazing

Rikiki

Quote from: jmababa on October 14, 2016, 07:31:58 AM
wow just fished up a 10 plastasteel and 30 gold just today. This fishing mod is amazing
And you can catch other fun treasures! ;)

@Old Marm: crafting fishing rod at crafting spot is already added for next alpha. :)

kaptain_kavern

Modding talk :
Have you seen we can now add recipes defs directly in items code now?

Keep up the good work buddy

Jcewazhere

I searched through many pages of this thread and couldn't find the answer so here's the question: Is there any way to cure the microfungus or is it just like the blight event? I had two basins with 2 full hoppers each, 2 well trained fisher-people, one with a master fishing pole and all my little fishies died anyway when the fungus event hit.

Treason5240

Quote from: Jcewazhere on October 14, 2016, 09:50:05 PM
I searched through many pages of this thread and couldn't find the answer so here's the question: Is there any way to cure the microfungus or is it just like the blight event? I had two basins with 2 full hoppers each, 2 well trained fisher-people, one with a master fishing pole and all my little fishies died anyway when the fungus event hit.

There is no way to cure it.

Your fish are hosed, when that event hits.

Old Marm

Wait a minute, wait a minute... if your fishing rods are going to be in the next alpha that must mean that fishing is going to be in the next alpha?  This is wonderful news!  I hope that it is as satisfying as your mod has always been.  Thank you!

Rikiki

Quote from: Old Marm on October 15, 2016, 01:36:39 PM
Wait a minute, wait a minute... if your fishing rods are going to be in the next alpha that must mean that fishing is going to be in the next alpha?  This is wonderful news!  I hope that it is as satisfying as your mod has always been.  Thank you!
Do not run too fast! It will be in the next alpha version of THIS mod! Not in the vanilla game... ;D

There is no way to cure the microfungus for now. All fishes may not die of it. Each basin has a small chance to recover before the fishes are dead.

Nathan1852

I still have the problem that I can't load a saved map with Caveworld Flora, even without Glitter World (removed it before starting the game and creating the world).

Log: http://hastebin.com/otukuqukos.tex

Hydromancerx

Here are some Backstory ideas for the Fish Industry mod.

- Fisherman
- Pearl Diver
- Whaler
- Aquarium Shop Owner
- Sports Fisherman
- Deep Water Fisherman
- Marine Biologist
- Marine Park Employee
- Fish Farmer
- Deep Ocean Miner
- Waterworld Survivor
- Glitterworld Sewer Surfer
- Skywhaler

Note these would give fishing skill plus whatever else seems appropriate.

Cynsity702

I'm getting an error in the debug log about the mod caveworlflora:
"exception from asynchronous event: System.InvalidOperationException: SaveableFromNode exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CaveworldFlora.MapComponent_CavePlant.GetCavePlantDefsList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CaveworldFlora.MapComponent_CavePlant.ExposeData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ScribeExtractor.SaveableFromNode[MapComponent] (System.Xml.XmlNode subNode, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Subnode:
<li Class="CaveworldFlora.MapComponent_CavePlant" />
  at Verse.ScribeExtractor.SaveableFromNode[MapComponent] (System.Xml.XmlNode subNode, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Scribe_Collections.LookList[MapComponent] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1& list, Boolean saveDestroyedThings, System.String label, LookMode lookMode, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Scribe_Collections.LookList[MapComponent] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1& list, System.String label, LookMode lookMode, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Map.ExposeComponents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Game.LoadData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.SavedGameLoader.LoadGameFromSaveFile (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.RootMap.<Start>m__5FD () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 "
[/size]

The plants still grow but i don't know why the error message is popping up. Attached will be my player log.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

jmababa

Quote from: Cynsity702 on November 14, 2016, 12:25:46 AM
I'm getting an error in the debug log about the mod caveworlflora:
"exception from asynchronous event: System.InvalidOperationException: SaveableFromNode exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CaveworldFlora.MapComponent_CavePlant.GetCavePlantDefsList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CaveworldFlora.MapComponent_CavePlant.ExposeData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Subnode:
<li Class="CaveworldFlora.MapComponent_CavePlant" />
  at Verse.Scribe_Collections.LookList[MapComponent] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1& list, Boolean saveDestroyedThings, System.String label, LookMode lookMode, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Scribe_Collections.LookList[MapComponent] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1& list, System.String label, LookMode lookMode, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Map.ExposeComponents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Game.LoadData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.SavedGameLoader.LoadGameFromSaveFile (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.RootMap.<Start>m__5FD () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 "
[/size]

The plants still grow but i don't know why the error message is popping up. Attached will be my player log.

Do you have a mod that adds new event cause that's what I can think off causing the error