[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's Miscellaneous (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, May 18, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fall

sowing growing zones removes the natural light spots and there is no ore , great idea but i guess it needs more work, il be keeping a eye on it

Treason5240

Quote from: fall on January 10, 2017, 04:33:26 PM
sowing growing zones removes the natural light spots and there is no ore , great idea but i guess it needs more work, il be keeping a eye on it

There's ore..just very, very little of it.

I've sown growing zones in the natural light spots without said light disappearing, as well.  Not to say that this is not happening in your game, though.  First releases are typically buggy, all the more so for ambitious and wonderful projects like this one.

faltonico

Hello!
I'm getting
Exception ticking CaveLace278389: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CaveworldFlora.GenClusterPlantReproduction.TryToReproduce (CaveworldFlora.ClusterPlant plant) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CaveworldFlora.ClusterPlant.TickLong () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Edit: And a really, really effed bug that makes my pawns and all that moves in my map (animals and everything), to make increasingly wider and rapid zigzag movements all over the map and then "dissapear" or "undraw", i really don't know it it has to do with your mod though:
Exception drawing Relm: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at Verse.RoofGrid.Roofed (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Graphic_Shadow.DrawWorker (Vector3 loc, Rot4 rot, Verse.ThingDef thingDef, Verse.Thing thing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Graphic.Draw (Vector3 loc, Rot4 rot, Verse.Thing thing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt (Vector3 drawLoc, RotDrawMode bodyDrawType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_DrawTracker.DrawAt (Vector3 loc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.DrawAt (Vector3 drawLoc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Thing.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Rikiki

@megatech2795: I believe you did not activated Caveworld flora mod BEFORE Cave biome mod. ;)

@fall: I am able to sow in growing zones without making light disappear. Are you sure it was not just the night? Cave well just let sun light goes through during day time (about 6h-22h).

@Treason5240: ore pockets use the vanilla behavior. I will look into it.

@faltonico: about the pawns disappearing, you seem to be using a mod to change head textures and it displays an error "Getting random element from empty collection.". I think this is the culprit.
Otherwise, I am investigating the "GenClusterPlantReproduction.TryToReproduce" error. ??? It is hard as I did not reproduced it myself yet.

Rikiki

@Trigon: I did encounter this bug too but was not able to find the exact root cause yet. This is an error thrown by the vanilla initialpawns spawning code.

@MarcTheMerc: I am looking into this bug.

@ShaggySquirrel: cave biome does not change ore pockets generation. I always get some myself. What mods adding other ores are you using? There may be a genStep conflict.

@sidfu: thanks for the bug report. The second error is "normal" as the glower is destroyed during plant despawning.

faltonico

Well, i have to scrap that save.
It might be an error on my side anyway, I have enabled a lot of mods, so i have a lot of testing to do.
I did modify the textures of a mod, but it was working well by itself... means, more testing to do -_-'
Thanks for your reply!

Treason5240

Something fairly odd I've encountered while playing on a cave biome.

My frame rate all of a sudden tanked at any speed above normal, with the images of pathing pawns jumping randomly across the screen.  It eventually settled and things proceeded as normal, but would continually come back.  I brought up development mode to check the error log but nothing new was displaying until a sudden complete game freeze due to a forever spawning debug menu spewing the following error.

I've encountered this sudden fps death only while embarked in a cave biome.  Eventually, and everytime, I have to call it quits because this same error repeats.

Morlok

Strange behavior when using Cave mod.

Game setup
400x400 desert map.
game run fine for hours, then out of nowhere lag.
Did a few tests using dev mode.
Problem was solved when destroying all the plants from Cave mod (I suspect its related to the devil tongue plant).

There are no information in the error log indicating what the problem is related to.
Is experiencing the same issue when playing on the cave maps, just faster.

I suspect the issue may be related to the glow effect of the fauna. tough I never experienced the issues with the Caveworld flora mod. (that the issue is due to lighting is pure intuition and due to have experienced same kind of issues elsewhere).

Treason5240

Going to have to agree with Morlok about the Devil's Eye plants.

I'm experiencing my previous FPS death on an above ground, extreme desert colony that reaches temperatures cool enough to let them grow.  Once they come out in any large number, game over.

nachtfalter

Yes... the Devils Tongue.
The flavor text sais they are the messenger of calamity.
Perhaps this ancient evil danger they are warning us about is the evil god of all the frame drops and lags... °^°
Beware... bewa~re

In all seriousness though, I love their design, they look awesome but when they appear my game becomes unplayable.
Is there a line in the files where I can remove them until the issue gets solved?

edit:
Nvm I think I found the line.
Gonna keep the game running to be totally sure.
But I guess changing the value to "0.0" should do the trick in
<wildPlants>
      <DevilTongue>0.0</DevilTongue>

Found in CaveBiome\Defs\BiomeDefs\Biomes_Cave.xml

Old Marm

I agree that the devil's tongue seems to be the problem.
I love this mod, and all of Rikiki's work.  The plants are alien and wonderful.  Please fix this if possible.

Arigitine

Is there a way to get rid or turn off sound of someone getting a fish at fishing pier?

Zebukin

Is it ok, that caravans coming with walking fishes? Mind blowing.

nachtfalter

Okay so I kept playing and changing or removing the line I previously mentioned doesn't appear to remove Devils Tongue from spawning.
I even disabled the mod, restarted the game.
Reenabled the mod after changing the line, restarted the game.
But it still kept popping up :|

Fafn1r

Quote from: nachtfalter on January 12, 2017, 03:05:03 PM
Okay so I kept playing and changing or removing the line I previously mentioned doesn't appear to remove Devils Tongue from spawning.
I even disabled the mod, restarted the game.
Reenabled the mod after changing the line, restarted the game.
But it still kept popping up :|

If you want to disable it without blowing up any code, just set minimal temperature and fertility to something ridiculous.