[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's Miscellaneous (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, May 18, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmark8910

Treason5240

Finding a lot of pathing errors with the cave biome.  Pawns are looking for items that are hidden by the many caves but finding no paths so they're just standing around.

Also, visitors, caravans and raids sometimes spawn from points that aren't revealed.  Not sure if this is a behavior from vanilla Rimworld or the mod.

Rikiki

Quote from: Treason5240 on January 21, 2017, 11:02:30 PM
Finding a lot of pathing errors with the cave biome.  Pawns are looking for items that are hidden by the many caves but finding no paths so they're just standing around.

Also, visitors, caravans and raids sometimes spawn from points that aren't revealed.  Not sure if this is a behavior from vanilla Rimworld or the mod.
Are you using the last version (is a river crossing the map)?

carpediembr

I really like the change on the aquaculture basin. they better balanced now.

Any chance we could have a "check for food" more often? recently one of the hopped went out of food, was replaced shortly afterwards, but for the one check it had, it starved the fishes:

And secondly, can we have a more expensive, refrigerated hopper?

Rikiki

1) The "food check" is performed quite often but it needs 20 food at once per day.
In you case, there is not enough rice in the left hopper to supply to fishes.
You can order a hunter to resupply it before the fishes starve to death. :)

2) Your food won't spoil in the aquaculture hopper (even if the label does not say so). The RotProgress value is periodically reset to 0.

Shifted

First of all, thank you for all the effort you've put into this. The cave biome looks spectacular and I really want to play it. However, for some reason it seems the cave biome reduces my FPS to 25-30 when playing on speed 4 and 50-55 on speed 3 while every other biome is a constant 60 FPS on any speed (GTX1080, i7, 4K). I've gotten the same results testing it without any other mods except these two, and also tried using the commented out devil's tongue, which seems to make no difference for me. If you want me to do any tests let me know. 

vlad_1492

Seems that fish brought to my freezer get flagged 'forbidden' automatically. Odd.

sirgzu

Fishing pier is OP. Perhaps fish shouldn't yield leather? Seems odd.
I'm half way through my second summer and most giant leaves haven't grown back, don't know if this is normal either.

Rikiki

Quote from: vlad_1492 on January 24, 2017, 05:48:05 AM
Seems that fish brought to my freezer get flagged 'forbidden' automatically. Odd.
Check your zone settings. I do not see anything else. ???

Quote from: sirgzu on January 24, 2017, 06:03:27 AM
I'm half way through my second summer and most giant leaves haven't grown back, don't know if this is normal either.
Fish resplenishment rate has been halved in last update (yesterday)! :)
Giant leaves will respawn when the stonegrass cluster is mature. Always keep 1 when harvesting it to let it regrow faster. ;)

Quote from: Shifted on January 23, 2017, 06:24:43 PM
First of all, thank you for all the effort you've put into this. The cave biome looks spectacular and I really want to play it. However, for some reason it seems the cave biome reduces my FPS to 25-30 when playing on speed 4 and 50-55 on speed 3 while every other biome is a constant 60 FPS on any speed (GTX1080, i7, 4K). I've gotten the same results testing it without any other mods except these two, and also tried using the commented out devil's tongue, which seems to make no difference for me. If you want me to do any tests let me know. 
Thanks! :D
I am still working on optimization. This is not easy to do as my PC is quite powerful... 8) but I have an idea to reduce CPU usage.
By the way, how do you get the FPS rate?

harpo99999

Quote from: vlad_1492 on January 24, 2017, 05:48:05 AM
I have seen this also , but when the first pier(out of home zone) was destroyed and another pier built(in home zone), the problem disappeared

forestfey

Quote from: Rikiki on May 18, 2015, 06:12:19 PM
Campfire party

This mod adds a pyre to organize campfire parties.

Todo

• Maybe add a tribal-style ritual?

oh wow a party-pire! greeaaat! :D I had a similar idea for tribal ritual stuff, but rather related to a totempole and idols... Mhh...maybe we could collaborate?

And please feel free to add my Smilodon to your cave-biome as a default animal... i'm workin on refining that, too. Of course!
"Despite all our accomplishments, we owe our existence to a six-inch layer of top-soil and the fact that it rains."
_
Klirrend klare Nacht
funkelt durch den Schleier.
Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
Sparkles through the veil.
Unfolding inwards

Gregton

Hey, quick question. I've noticed that you cannot put the fungiponics basins in close proximity to each other, is there a way to alter that? I've got a cave embark and would really appreciate the ability to switch to mushroom production for food.

nefarian11

Hey, i tried your Cave Biome mod, and i really like it but the fps in there is killing me and i don't know why. i can run  big maps with many colonists but can't run a medium size cave biome without playing with 15 fps all the time.

Darkmark8910

I love this mod. No issues with it.

It's also surprisingly-cruel yet quite surreal in its natural beauty. On the one hand, I love having rooms lit and decorated with nothing but natural nature; cave lace, brightbloom, and so on. But the cruelty?

Oh, this cruelty. First, malaria hits 4/6 colonists. Then, while  still barely surviving from it, three (THREE!) wild wargs hunt a colonist to death at once. Then, while recupping from THAT, an infestation spawns. And then after THAT, a poison ship lies in the middle of my base, in the home zone, within the base's walls, through the cave well.

GREAT. At this point, I'm hoping more of my colonists keel over, if only so the raids become weaker. LOL

sirgzu

Quote from: Rikiki on January 24, 2017, 02:59:47 PM
Quote from: sirgzu on January 24, 2017, 06:03:27 AM
Fish resplenishment rate has been halved in last update (yesterday)! :)
Giant leaves will respawn when the stonegrass cluster is mature. Always keep 1 when harvesting it to let it regrow faster. ;)
Ha this is great and thanks for answering so quickly :)
I noticed that gleamcap are only administered when pawns are set to glitterworld medecine, is that normal?
I thought gleamcaps were a replacement for herbal medecine. Where do they lie in terms of effectiveness? Could they be made available as ingredients to craft medecine?