[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's Miscellaneous (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, May 18, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treason5240

Quote from: sirgzu on February 02, 2017, 02:19:51 PM
Quote from: Rikiki on January 24, 2017, 02:59:47 PM
Quote from: sirgzu on January 24, 2017, 06:03:27 AM
Fishing pier is OP. Perhaps fish shouldn't yield leather? Seems odd.
I'm half way through my second summer and most giant leaves haven't grown back, don't know if this is normal either.
Fish resplenishment rate has been halved in last update (yesterday)! :)
Giant leaves will respawn when the stonegrass cluster is mature. Always keep 1 when harvesting it to let it regrow faster. ;)
Ha this is great and thanks for answering so quickly :)
I noticed that gleamcap are only administered when pawns are set to glitterworld medecine, is that normal?
I thought gleamcaps were a replacement for herbal medecine. Where do they lie in terms of effectiveness? Could they be made available as ingredients to craft medecine?

You can check the effectiveness of medicines by clicking on the "I" for information image on the item when selected.

If I remember right, gleamcaps are actually more effective than standard medicine.

sirgzu

Quote from: Treason5240 on February 02, 2017, 11:22:11 PM
Quote from: sirgzu on February 02, 2017, 02:19:51 PM
Quote from: Rikiki on January 24, 2017, 02:59:47 PM
Quote from: sirgzu on January 24, 2017, 06:03:27 AM
Fishing pier is OP. Perhaps fish shouldn't yield leather? Seems odd.
I'm half way through my second summer and most giant leaves haven't grown back, don't know if this is normal either.
Fish resplenishment rate has been halved in last update (yesterday)! :)
Giant leaves will respawn when the stonegrass cluster is mature. Always keep 1 when harvesting it to let it regrow faster. ;)
Ha this is great and thanks for answering so quickly :)
I noticed that gleamcap are only administered when pawns are set to glitterworld medecine, is that normal?
I thought gleamcaps were a replacement for herbal medecine. Where do they lie in terms of effectiveness? Could they be made available as ingredients to craft medecine?

You can check the effectiveness of medicines by clicking on the "I" for information image on the item when selected.

If I remember right, gleamcaps are actually more effective than standard medicine.
Wow again if that's right, OP

It's hard enough to get medicine, gleamcaps on the other hand aren't hard to mass produce...
This mod [A16] Chemicals extraction & Neutroamine crafting (R1) has a really balanced approach to crafting medecine for example, you need to:

• maintain a herd of boomrats/boomalopes which is dangerous in itself
  • with that you convert food into neutroamine (as opposed to a one off input when building fungiponics)
  • you also need herbal medicine and cloth to craft medecine (neither are hard to get but it makes for a more complex production chain)
  • draining animals and crafting neutroamine and then medecine is labour intensive (as opposed to leaving mushrooms grow unattended in a corner)

I like how this is hard to scale up, gleamcap should either be a lot harder to get (more like devilstrand) or their effectiveness should be on par with herbal medicine. Growing mushrooms is slow but easy since you can grow indoors therefor you don't need to worry about light or temperature. Another option could be to make it so that the fungiponics basins need to be topped up with potatoes/organics on a regular basis, perhaps using it as a source of fuel. The problem is that could make other mushrooms (especially gleamcaps) irrelevant...

One last thing, I noticed mushrooms don't seem to have a weight defined so they have the default 1kg/unit weight which is a lot compared to similar food/medicine and makes them impractical for trading.

jmababa

Goodnight mod (Bed mod) can balance out the leather issue of this mod. Takes more leather than you can imagine to build a bed especially hammock. Its better to have leather in this fishing mod. Caveworld biome is not compatible with misc. Map Generator. Make it compatible with that so we can use cave biome. About what sirgzu sait about gleamcap is not entirely true try making gleamcap on flatland it's next to impossible + it's a great alternative to boomrat and boomalope on cave biome

Rikiki

Medicine potency was changed in A16. Gleamcap just did not follow as I cannot see all changes.
Thanks for the report. This will be balanced.

What's wrong with Misc. MapGenerator? Do you have an error log?

forestfey

..I would be curious about such an error-log, too? (even though I'm not completely sure why... :P)

pls don't nerf Gleamcap too much. At least not yet? I think it might be worthwhile to play around with its value, given how "broken" the whole surgery and medicine stuff feels at the moment... (no offense! *looks around, then ducks*)
Even if I have set up a good neutro-milking routine with the boom-rats and got the meds production going steadily... I always have this sense of it just not being sufficient >.<  Gleamcap is a very good addition there!!!

*random (?) snippet of history: In the museum of Heraklion, Crete, you can find an interesting exhibit from the Minoan- oder Protominoan culture, about 4k yrs old. It is a necklace made from a banded, marble-like stone with a light blue(!!!) hue. The beads become slightly bigger to the "gravity-center" of the "chain" and where it touches your chest, some of those beads were exchanged with...yeah, looked like upside down mushrooms. Yes, a blue mushroom necklace, 4k yrs old. Perhaps from the maze of the Minotaur or something... People there worshipped booby-naked ladies holding snakes in their outstretched hands, y'know? Snakes being the harbinger of earthquakes, much? Like the one that destroyed the maze... Or so the story goes. It's too much to always remember it all. At least for only one person... %D
"Despite all our accomplishments, we owe our existence to a six-inch layer of top-soil and the fact that it rains."
_
Klirrend klare Nacht
funkelt durch den Schleier.
Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
Sparkles through the veil.
Unfolding inwards

jmababa

Quote from: Rikiki on February 03, 2017, 09:19:19 PM
Medicine potency was changed in A16. Gleamcap just did not follow as I cannot see all changes.

What's wrong with Misc. MapGenerator? Do you have an error log?

When you start new game it exits the game when i turn of 1 off the 2 the game works fine

Trigon

Yeah I play with the more beds mod. So many blueblade hammocks. So many...

As for the medicine deal I actually like how effective gleamcaps are since I play with vegetable garden and making medicine isn't actually very difficult. Compared to gleamcaps which take a long while to grow.

faltonico

Quote from: Rikiki on February 03, 2017, 09:19:19 PM
Just wait for A17... Tynan might really get things right then. Meanwhile, it is better to have something better that industrial medicine, that behaves like industrial medicine used to. I found both herbal and industrial medicines plain useless now, i don't even bother to craft them anymore, even when i am using vegetable garden.

On another matter, i had this error while trying to oven a bug hive, and now i having it regularly from time to time, seemingly at random:
Got temperature for null map.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.GenTemperature:TryGetTemperatureForCell(IntVec3, Map, Single&)
Verse.GenTemperature:GetTemperatureForCell(IntVec3, Map)
Verse.GridsUtility:GetTemperature(IntVec3, Map)
CaveworldFlora.ClusterPlant:get_isInCryostasis()
CaveworldFlora.ClusterPlant:get_Dying()
CaveworldFlora.ClusterPlant_Gleamcap:TrySpawnSporeSpawner()
CaveworldFlora.ClusterPlant_Gleamcap:TickLong()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

It is sometimes followed by (not always):
Exception ticking Gleamcap864053: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CaveworldFlora.ClusterPlant.get_lightGrowthRateFactor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CaveworldFlora.ClusterPlant.get_isLightConditionOk () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CaveworldFlora.ClusterPlant.get_Dying () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CaveworldFlora.ClusterPlant_Gleamcap.TrySpawnSporeSpawner () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CaveworldFlora.ClusterPlant_Gleamcap.TickLong () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

onerous1

I can't get brightbells to grow in plant pots anymore. It says it's too far from natural rock which I understand, but how else are we supposed to use them. Was this intentional? Before I could use them in hallways, bedrooms, and pantry for light. Now I don't see any way to cultivate them. I've built a mountain base.

Edit: It's a conflict with the plant pots from the More Furniture mod and RIMkea. Vanilla plant pot works as intended.

Any idea why modded planters don't work?

Trigon

I just find that so long as they're within a couple of tiles of natural stone it's fine.

onerous1

I just found out that the plant pots from the More Furniture mod are causing the brightbells to die prematurely. The vanilla round plant pots work fine.

Trigon

Gohihioh

Does alpha 16 version has fishing rod? Cos I'm only able to make harpoon at fishing pier and I was thinking if that's some sort of bug for me or it was removed.

faltonico

Quote from: Gohihioh on February 23, 2017, 01:09:46 PM
Does alpha 16 version has fishing rod? Cos I'm only able to make harpoon at fishing pier and I was thinking if that's some sort of bug for me or it was removed.
I think it was removed, my pawns fish but i have never made a fishing pole.

marvin__