[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's Miscellaneous (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, May 18, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trigon

Generally speaking I've found Marsh<Shallow<Deep water to be the best way to approach for maximum yields, and then fish stock seems to be determined by how much water there is.

AngleWyrm

How many colonists will an aquaculture basin feed?
That is to say, how much nutrition do you get in a year from running one?
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

danielee

tospeed

Is UnderwaterPowerConduit work?
Mud tile can build it.
Can't build water tile and deep water tile.

ts.vassilev

Quote from: fall on January 10, 2017, 04:33:26 PM
sowing growing zones removes the natural light spots and there is no ore , great idea but i guess it needs more work, il be keeping a eye on it
Are you using mod providing skylights? Could these be modyfing how roofs/sowing works? Are you cutting the glowing grass?

Rikiki

Quote from: tospeed on February 28, 2017, 12:52:07 PM
Is UnderwaterPowerConduit work?
Mud tile can build it.
Can't build water tile and deep water tile.
Not for now. This is a test that I forgot to remove in last version. Sorry. :-\

Quote from: danielee on February 24, 2017, 08:37:54 PM
This is just the old remains of a fan contribution.
What happened to the sushi mod?

henk

Hi, I'm having problems with the Devi's tongue giving off a pink texture. It seems to be a missing texture file but I can't find anything in the downloaded files that hints at that, I don't think another mod could be interfering with it unless it's using a vanilla texture?

Elzephor

Hey Rikiki, I'm looking to try modding in a biome myself, and I'm looking for resources to help me get started. Do you think you can help me out? Any info would be much appreciated.

Rikiki

Quote from: Elzephor on March 21, 2017, 02:35:43 AM
Hey Rikiki, I'm looking to try modding in a biome myself, and I'm looking for resources to help me get started. Do you think you can help me out? Any info would be much appreciated.
That's a vast subject! I would be happy to help you if you have more precise questions. :)
1) You can first have a look at my source code on Github. You will be mainly interrested by the CaveBiome mod.
2) Then please create a thread in the mod help page and PM me with a link.

Nitneuk

Hey ! I started to use Fish Industry and I had no problem, but since this afternoon I cannot do anything to solve my problem : I have a hopper next to the bassin, with food, with electricity but the bassin tells me "(No food)"
What can I do ??

SpaceDorf

Hey Rikiki ..

I love your caveworld flora to pieces .. the glowing shrooms are one thing, that made the rim for me other-worldly ..

but with the addition of clusters and that onholy devilstongue I started to get real performance Issues after ingame year one.

At the moment I run between 180-190 mods, most of them QoL some of them additional buildings, items and the ferals.

In my second year the game started lagging at night, betwen 18h and 6h .. then ran normal again.
After I removed the Caveworld Flora Midgame ( quite the savegame cleaning )
the issue stopped.

I thought I let you know ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

JT

Is there a way to convert the fishing task to a manually-added job, similar to butchering?  The auto-added job tends to choke out other lower-priority jobs -- which, although it doesn't interfere with hunting directly, does interfere with so many other essential tasks like Construction and the like.  (Truth in videogaming, I suppose, since a substantial number of real life people would rather fish than work, too. =))

Quote from: SpaceDorf on April 17, 2017, 08:30:11 AM
After I removed the Caveworld Flora Midgame ( quite the savegame cleaning ) the issue stopped.

Huh.  I was wondering what was causing my nighttime slowdowns and thought it was Enlighten's fault, since I installed that right around the same time.  It's not terrible enough for me to remove CaveworldFlora entirely, though.

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: JT on April 19, 2017, 11:50:19 AM
Is there a way to convert the fishing task to a manually-added job, similar to butchering?

Check out Fluffy's "Work Tab" mod. There is a setting on the worktab that gives MANY more manual work options. In there you can change the priority of fishing. Just be careful with the other priorities that you alter. Some need to be in order, but fishing does not.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16120.0

Rikiki

@Nitneuk: you need 30 vegetables per day for the aquaculture basin so it seems to be OK.
You are currently not breeding any fish. Just use the preset bills to select the desired species to breed.

@SpaceDorf: I just updated the cave biome and caveworld mods here. It should improve the performances. Let me know how it goes for you! :)

@JT: you can just forbid the piers if you want to stop fishing.

Lethe

Fish Industry:

Am I suppose to occasionally fish up gold? 'cos occasionally my pawns fishes up gold. Not much, maybe 3-4 pieces. Probably never more than 8. It's not mentioned in the mod's post, so figured I'd ask. I certainly don't mind it, it's a neat feature, I'm just not certain if it's intentional or not. There's also pearls that aren't mentioned in your post, which I assume your mod added in. I guess I'm just supposed to sell those.

http://imgur.com/a/FkYxK

In the changelog you said you removed the harpoon, but it's still there. o.o

Edit: It seems that you have updated cave biome and flora, perhaps update the thread title to reflect such?