[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's Miscellaneous (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, May 18, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Rikiki on April 19, 2017, 02:43:06 PM
@SpaceDorf: I just updated the cave biome and caveworld mods here. It should improve the performances. Let me know how it goes for you! :)

Thank you, what an amazing coincidence :)

Feedback will come swiftly.

And for the LuLz ..
I think the will reach my base the day after tomorrow :

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

JT

Quote from: Rikiki
@JT: you can just forbid the piers if you want to stop fishing.

True, but stopping fishing isn't my goal -- finer control over the fishing counts and the quotas is. =)

Quote from: Dr_Zhivago on April 19, 2017, 12:26:48 PM
Check out Fluffy's "Work Tab" mod.

Already using it.  But having to open up the Work tab and click anywhere from one to a half-dozen times on each and every fisherman to play with priorities or scheduling is far less convenient than being able to automate the process with the extra options like repetitions and stockpile quotas, and a manual job would still support current status quo with "do forever" jobs.  Aside from the development time, the only disadvantage to a manual job system would be existing users having to adapt and remember that piers are no longer fire-and-forget. =)

Actually, come to think of it, manual fishing would also be neat for allowing specific fish goals -- in addition to the generic "fish" job, if we also had catch squiggles, catch seasnake, etc. jobs then it could easily simply correspond to double the work required for the specific jobs compared to the generic job, to represent a catch-and-release policy on other fish types.

Since I also note that cave biomes actually specifically produce seasnakes, squiggles, and tailteeth in pools, filtering on jobs to prevent invalid ones from appearing would not only aid the user, but it would also provide emergent feedback on what sorts of species would be expected when fishing there -- if it doesn't prompt you for bluefins (or whatever they are, it's been a while since I played a surface colony), you can build elsewhere.

This would realise benefits by way that the large piles of fish leather that can crop up in stockpiles could be specifically targetted by species, so that enough leather to fulfill crafting jobs can be collected without needing to collect every type of leather, and/or to bolster stockpiles of a specific leather type to push it over the threshold necessary to complete a job.

What's more, a manual job would also let us specify automatic jobs via Colony Manager as well as allow other job-related mods like Crafting Quality to work their magic.

[edit] Hmm... one thing occurs to me.  The fishing job can fail (by intention) sometimes -- I'm not positive the existing system can handle failed jobs without increasing the job-completed count.  So that might need some hacking.  Hm.  Fairly big disadvantage, come to think of it.  For all the other benefits above I think it'd still be worth it to try, but this was never a must, only a could. ;-)

JT

So I hacked in a little tweak for Cave Biome that pulls the cave colours out of the skyColorsDay in the Weathers.xml rather than using a hard-coded variant, but I notice now that the source code up on Github is older than the updated version.  Any chance we could get the new code pushed so I can build against the new version? =)

All I did in the code, incidentally, was the following in MapCondition_Cave.cs:

public override SkyTarget? SkyTarget()
        {
+           WeatherDef weather = WeatherDef.Named("CaveCalm");
+           caveSkyColors.sky = weather.skyColorsDay.sky;
+           caveSkyColors.shadow = weather.skyColorsDay.shadow;
+           caveSkyColors.saturation = weather.skyColorsDay.saturation;
+           caveSkyColors.overlay = weather.skyColorsDay.overlay;
            return new SkyTarget?(new SkyTarget(this.caveSkyColors));
        }

This is useful, e.g., for better compatibility with Realistic Darkness -- the colours I'm using for such a compatibility tweak on my end are:

<skyColorsDay>
      <sky>(0.16,0.16,0.16)</sky>
      <shadow>(0.85, 0.85, 0.85)</shadow>
      <overlay>(0.3,0.3,0.6)</overlay>
      <saturation>1.25</saturation>
    </skyColorsDay>

JT

I've been playing a lot with Cave Biome recently, and it's a bloody awesome mod, but one thing I notice is the perfusion of Filth objects that accumulate rapidly in caves over time.  I'm only in my second year and pretty much every accessible area of the cave is literally coated with blood, sourced from animals and raiders and spread about by animals, raiders, visitors, and my own colonists of course.

Obviously, there's no rain in caves, so the conventional methods of cleaning filth globally don't work.

Here's a couple of ideas to help mitigate the problem:
1) Filth deleter.  As part of the cave biome map component, check a random tile per X ticks.  If that tile is under a cave roof or outdoors (i.e., not in a built-up player area), and if that tile contains filth, then delete the filth.  This represents the natural action of maggots and insects too small to see.

2) Sapotrophic flora.  Cave flora will automatically (but slowly) delete filth within range, and will periodically sprout in outdoor/cave tiles containing filth.  Suddenly those cave mushrooms aren't so palatable anymore... =)

3) Cave remora.  This would be a new "fishlike" insect that periodically hunts down filth and cleans it, receiving some nutrition.  If the map contains a large count of filth using AllThings<>, a scenario event might trigger bringing in a bunch of cave remorae to feed.  They are generally passive but will attack creatures that are profusely bleeding, seeking out the "filth" directly from the source...

Megascarabs could also automatically eat filth, since that's pretty much what scarab beetles do in reality, building up a big ol' ball of filth to carry their offspring and as food... just so happens that the filth is normally poop and not blood, but when in RimWorld do as the rimworlders do. ;-)

-----

Currently in addition to pulling my hair out over my own mod*, I'm putting on the finishing touches on a bugfix for the cave biome's cave wells, which never worked reliably on my end.  I moved to floating point and adjusted the system to work from DayPercent instead.  In addition, I've changed the "glow radius" adjuster to a "glow color" adjuster, which is more realistic -- the cave well is just as wide at night as it is during the day, but now shifts gradually in apparent brightness -- until after sunset when it is set to zero radius.  (This does mean that plants will start to grow even during dawn when the light radius is minimal, but that's an acceptable loss for me.)

I'll see about putting in a pull request on Github when I've polished up the code a smidgeon.

* Re: My mod, I evidently have to reinvent the wheel; it boggles the mind how difficult it is to reuse core code in JobDrivers and WorkGivers and the Ludeon-provided source code samples are too basic to accomplish anything of note. =P

SpaceDorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on April 19, 2017, 03:39:19 PM
Quote from: Rikiki on April 19, 2017, 02:43:06 PM
@SpaceDorf: I just updated the cave biome and caveworld mods

Thank you, what an amazing coincidence :)

Feedback will come swiftly.

I am Sorry to report, that I forgot to Include the World Object at first.
After I finally reinserted Caveworld Flora in my Savegame today.
The Game did not slow down to a crawl at night.
But I observed a stutter every few seconds.
Normal Play for 3-5 Seconds than a one second stop .. even before any shrooms were growing.

nrish666

I have been loving your cave biome mod. However I have noticed that a blight kills most of the cluster roots on the map denuding the map of foliage afterwards.

AlphaMason

I don't know if it's a bug with my list of mods, but when I started in a cave biome the game failed to unhide the map.

Also, here's a list of all the mods a use:
HugsLib
Edb Prepare Carefully
Spoons Hair
FashionRIMsta
No Raid Storyteller
Fluffy's Breakdowns
More Mental Breaks
Psychology
Relations Tab
Blueprints
Animals Tab
Medical Tab
Work Tab
Follow Me
More Trade Ships
Clutter Hands
Colony Manager
Quality Builder
I Can Fix It!
Look At Me, I'm The Worker Now
Crafting Hysteresis
Step Away From The Medicine
Neutrainer and AI Persona Core Crafting
Luciferium Production
Glitter Tech
Improved Surgery
EPOE
De Surgeries (GE version)
A dog Said... No Crafting
A dog Said...EOPE patch
Medical Training
Silly Builder, Surgery is for Doctors
Misc Core
Misc Bees n' Honey
Fish Industry
Vegetable Garden
T's Extended Crops
Synthmeat
T's Raw Crops Thoughts
T's Extended Cloth
T's More Beds Cloth
T's More Beds Cloth - More Furniture patch
Goodnight - More Furniture and Medicaddons version
T's More Floors
Door Mats
Chicken Nest
Clutter Furniture
More Furniture
Medicaddons - More Furniture version
Pillows and Beanbags
Modular Tables
Misc Objects
MiningCo. MMS
Extended Storage
MiningCo. LaserFence
Clutter Structures
Bridges
Prepare for Fishing
T's Misc Stuff
MiningCo. Alert Speaker
MiningCo. ForceField
Misc Training
Practise Target
MIRV Artillery
Ocean Biome (Sd's version)
Caveworld Flora
Cave Biome
Misc Map Generator
Misc Map Generator Faction Base
Spaceship
Misc Robots
Misc Robots++
Misc MAI
Adv Pwr Gen
RTGs
Efficient Light
Temp Control
MiningCo. Power Fist
MiningCo. Mining Helmet
Hositality
Medieval Times
Research List  <---This mod I only use because the research tree doesn't fit very well on my screen with all my mods.  I'm hoping to fix that so I can stop using this mod.  I like the alpha-16 research tab better.

Rikiki

@Lethe: yep, this is one little flavor of the mod. You may encounter more fun rare events! ;)

@AlphaMason: it can happen when a caravan starts a new settlement (as it enters from a side, not the center of the map) and in some rare cases when starting a new colony. I'm sorry about that. :-\ You may try the dev tool to find your pawns or restart the colony.

@SpaceDorf: does it also happen on a new colony?

@JT: very good ideas mate! I'll pull your work soon. Thank you very much for the help on improving these mods! ;D

SpaceDorf

Sorry, I don't know ..

I will retry sometimes, but my current colony is running fine.
Usually it takes until year 2 until the problems start

nefarian11

Recently tried Caveworld Biome and it appears that the opening to the surface are causing random fires, and the plants are overlit which causes them to die and (i think) make the fires happen. The fps are also terrible for some reason, especially at night.

A really great mod but sadly the fps drop in there makes the game unplayable =(

i've been using only these following mods: (only QoL or aesthetics stuff, i don't think it has anything to do with the horrible fps)

Floor Lights - Deadmans Clothing - Prepare Carefully - More Floors - More BedsVanilla - Mending - Conduit Deconstruct

Dr_Zhivago

Can you include a "Build fishing pier" option, when you click on the fishing pier?

Topper

PH-Kennedy

Please update to a17. I can't play Rimworld without these mods.
I don't know what should I put in Signature box so I just put "I don't know what should I put in Signature box so I just put "I don't know what should I put in Signature box so I just put".

kaptain_kavern