[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's Miscellaneous (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, May 18, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pktongrimworld

dismar

Rikki! I rewrote your patch file to work with others better :)

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Rikiki

Quote from: dismar on June 03, 2017, 07:16:52 PM
Rikki! I rewrote your patch file to work with others better :)
Thanks dismar! This is indeed more elegant. :D

Darkmark8910

Hilarious bug report: fish can spawn in as manhunter pack on temperate biomes. My first hostile attack was to a single lone Sduggle attacking my colony. The tooltip telling my colonists they were monsters for fishing them was quite on-point, given the two fishing piers and the vengeful Sduggle attacking over land....

TBH I'm keeping this bug in my version even if you update b/c it's hilarious :D

Canute

Rimworld evolution, walking seafood ! :-)
Just wait until the whales can fly !

Rikiki

No more frenzied walking fishes in last version! :) But I do not force you ro update... ;)

wwWraith

Voting up for making a Fishing pier based on bills. Mostly because I want to be able to allow my pawns to use them only for joy activities when I have no need in meat/leather.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Rikiki

Updated Caveworld flora and Cave biome mods. :D

kaptain_kavern

wwWraith

Ohh no... I liked these caves so much in A16, but my current colony in the heart of the jungle (thanks kaptain_kavern ;) ) is far from complete, and I like it no less... Poor me, what should I do...

To be serious: thanks for the update :)

Btw, as I remember, boomrats in the caves are often dying from Black lotus toxin, then exploding and starting fire. May be you should make them resistant to toxicity? On the other hand, without thunderstorms it's the only source of natural fire. But those Black lotuses also dying in fire, it makes this source limited - so may be it'd better to let them to regrow?
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

wwWraith

Tried a new cave colony. I'm afraid there are a problem: there are no light in the cave wells. This error may be related to it:
Accessing player start spot before setting it.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.MapGenerator:get_PlayerStartSpot()
CaveBiome.MapComponent_CaveWellLight:MapComponentTick()
Verse.MapComponentUtility:MapComponentTick(Map)
Verse.Map:MapPostTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

But may be not, because it was first time when I started with my not-really-well-working scenario that changed the race of my pawns when they arrives, so initial pawns disappears. Second time I started without it, there were no errors, but still no light.

Meanwhile... challenge accepted :D

Rikiki

@wwWraith: There will probably be an error if you use a mod that overrides the FindPlayerStartSpot GenStep. Your race mod seems to do so.

What do you mean by "there is no light"? It's a cave, there is in fact no sun above your head! :D
What is the temperature of your cave? Is the flora glowing?

Boomrats should indeed be resistant to black lotus toxins. I will change it. Thanks for the idea. :)

Black lotus should regrow when its symbiotic devil's tongue cluster is mature.

wwWraith

As I remember in A16, there were simulated sunlight in the cave wells - a few mostly circular spots with water or rich soil and often animal corpses. There still are even notification telling about it shortly after arrival. I put a screenshot in the attachment.

The temperature is normal, the flora is glowing and growing, the fauna is crawling and growling, as well as our people's stomaches, the corpses are laying still, all seems to be well except those cave wells :)

Upd: after several ingame days passed, the light in the cave wells miraculously turned back on, with its radius changing according to daytime as intended. Still can't figure out what was the cause, it doesn't seem like I changed something with lighting, terrain, buildings, biome properties or whatever could be related.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

1 Kiwi

What is the reason behind having campfires on the map and killing the animals which spawn?
Dusty keyboard