[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's Miscellaneous (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, May 18, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikiki

Quote from: 1 Kiwi on June 23, 2017, 01:50:24 AM
What is the reason behind having campfires on the map and killing the animals which spawn?
Those animals have fallen in a cave well from the surface.
There is a small chance to discover a sacrificial stone.
All that is just to enliven the caves, add some fun details. :)

@wwWraith: an eclipse should shut down the light. But I doubt it triggered the first day of a new colony. Or were you using a scenario to activate it?

wwWraith

Quote from: Rikiki on June 23, 2017, 02:01:12 AM
@wwWraith: an eclipse should shut down the light. But I doubt it triggered the first day of a new colony. Or were you using a scenario to activate it?

There was no eclipse or any other "abnormalities", there were no problems with light in other biomes, and this situation reproduced in several other new cave colonies. A little detail: after loading a previously saved game, there was light (even at night), but it turned off when unpaused.

But today I finally decided to make an investigation. I made a copy of ModsConfig.xml and started a new game with only your mods. Cave wells became normal (lit). Then I copied that old modsconfig back going to remove its portions to find the mod which caused conflict (I have 140+ of them, so it would take forever to do it one by one ;D). I started a new game again (still with full modlist, no changes in order or options), and... The cave wells are again lit as normal! :o I still don't know what it was and why it was fixed, but now it seems that the problem is gone. Probably it's the presence effect. Or may be some dark cave magic. So I'm sorry if it was a false alarm. Good luck in keeping up your great work :)
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Canute

wwWraith,
at the last colony, did you add some mods during gameplay?
If not the new colony may suffer these conflicts maybe too.

wwWraith

Quote from: Canute on June 23, 2017, 06:16:11 AM
wwWraith,
at the last colony, did you add some mods during gameplay?
If not the new colony may suffer these conflicts maybe too.

No, it was the same setup that I used in the previous colony. The only thing I can think is some changes that I've made even earlier but didn't noticed when light was fixed.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

PixelBitZombie

The performance for cave biomes at least for me is, it runs fast then slows doan then fast and slow again. I'm not sure if its the plants or not. Could be other added mods doing it too. Other than that the cave books looks legit man!
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

wwWraith

Hmm, once again I have a strange thing with the cave wells. Now it looks like volcanic winter (and probably eclipse) have no impact on them...

Upd: Oh my, how did you do it? :o Just as I've made this post, the lighting there became as intended again (I mean now there are no light whilst for a several days before winter they were brightly lit during a volcanic). I can swear I didn't anything, even didn't close the game, just once again reloaded the current save file after using dev tools for some tests.

Rikiki

That's good to see you are a dedicated tester of my mods! :D
Please continue reporting strange things you encounter. :)

wwWraith

Heh... You knew that?.. :D Now after some more time volcanic winter still there, but the cave wells are brightly lit once again. Again, it's the same game, no changes in mods or options or whatever, no unusual things in console. I'm going to rename my colony to something like "The Cave of Thousand Mysteries"...

lorebot

@Rikki, any chance you'd move the research that Fish Industry and Cave Flora add into the same tab as your MiningCo. mods or find them a tab of their own? I know they only add 2 research topics, but clutter is bad :(

Loki88

Just wanted to ask if "Grilled fish" can become a thing in fish industry. It threw me off at first when my tribal derps were making simple meals when I told them to grill fish. I was hoping it was something that gaave a positive mood buff based on the tool tip (like a stackable +2) since I'm trying to do a tribal colony and them having fine / lavish meals doesn't seem quite right. I can do the xml coding for it just fine but my arting = crap... I love the mod either way though! cheers

antiwesley

Newbie poster here  8)
First, thanks for the fishing industry mod. I've been scratching my head how to get proteins for my pawns, so it's been a godsend.
BUT... I have no clue how to use them. When I set up the bills for the upscale meals, there's not an option to use any of the fish I've caught. :(

Should the FI mod be placed at a certain point in the mod loading list, or is something just not loading right?

Thanks.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: antiwesley on July 16, 2017, 07:49:41 PM
I have no clue how to use them. When I set up the bills for the upscale meals, there's not an option to use any of the fish I've caught.

Here's a clue for ya, Shirlock: What do those upscale meal bills accept for ingredients?
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Rikiki

@antiwesley: solution if Mickey's hint is not enough ;)

• Butcher the fishes to get the corresponding meat.
  • Ensure the fish meats ("blueblade filet", "tailteeth steak", ...) are enabled in the recipe allowed ingredients.

@Loki88: smoking fishes has been on the TODO list for a long time. I may add grilled fishes at the same time... when I get the time! :D

Oblitus

Quote from: Rikiki on July 18, 2017, 05:00:07 AM
@Loki88: smoking fishes has been on the TODO list for a long time. I may add grilled fishes at the same time... when I get the time! :D
Tribal Essentials already has smoked meat, which accepts fish meat as well.

Rikiki

Quote from: Oblitus on July 18, 2017, 11:17:08 AM
Quote from: Rikiki on July 18, 2017, 05:00:07 AM
Tribal Essentials already has smoked meat, which accepts fish meat as well.
So:
* add smoked meat. DONE! ;D