Nominate a mod to be included in RimWorld!

Started by Tynan, May 19, 2015, 12:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humort

I consider that will be fair if the player himself decides that it is possible to put in equipment rack....

<ThingDef ParentName="BuildingBase">
    <defName>EquipmentRack</defName>
    <label>equipment rack</label>
    <thingClass>Building_Storage</thingClass>
    <graphicData>
      <texPath>Things/Building/Furniture/EquipmentRack</texPath>
      <graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
      <drawSize>(4,3)</drawSize>
    </graphicData>
    <altitudeLayer>Waist</altitudeLayer>
    <passability>PassThroughOnly</passability>
    <fillPercent>0.4</fillPercent>
    <castEdgeShadows>true</castEdgeShadows>
    <stuffCategories>
      <li>Metallic</li>
      <li>Woody</li>
      <li>Stony</li>
    </stuffCategories>
    <costStuffCount>30</costStuffCount>
    <statBases>
      <MaxHitPoints>100</MaxHitPoints>
      <WorkToMake>700</WorkToMake>
      <Flammability>1.0</Flammability>
    </statBases>
    <description>Haulers carry equipment here for storage.</description>
    <size>(2,1)</size>
    <building>
      <preventDeterioration>true</preventDeterioration>
      <fixedStorageSettings>
        <filter>
          <categories>
<li>Root</li>
          </categories>
        </filter>
      </fixedStorageSettings>
      <defaultStorageSettings>
        <priority>Important</priority>
        <filter>
          <categories>
            <li>Weapons</li>
          </categories>
        </filter>
      </defaultStorageSettings>
    </building>
    <inspectorTabs>
      <li>ITab_Storage</li>
    </inspectorTabs>
    <designationCategory>Furniture</designationCategory>
    <staticSunShadowHeight>0.5</staticSunShadowHeight>
    <surfaceType>Item</surfaceType>
    <designationHotKey>I</designationHotKey>
  </ThingDef>

Also, very much I ask to rename steel into iron. As steel isn't fossil ore.
I speak Russian if you don't understand that I wrote, Google Translator is guilty of it

Tynan

You can't dig usable iron out of the ground either. It has to be smelted.

The steel is there because it's actually the ruins of an old building or ship.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Humort

Quote from: Tynan on June 20, 2015, 08:51:59 PM
You can't dig usable iron out of the ground either. It has to be smelted.

Deposits are reminded more by mine..., especially if to compare to other ruins..., in principle - to solve to you.
I speak Russian if you don't understand that I wrote, Google Translator is guilty of it

Loki88

I'm more than willing to donate my LED Rope Lights mod if you would actually want to use it. It's a very simple mod, and it would flesh out the lighting category of things as a higher tier item. They use a lighting tab I made to de-congest the furniture tab but that's a simple change I can make.

If this isn't the kind of thing you're looking for in this thread then I apologize for my misunderstanding.

Cheers!

[attachment deleted due to age]

carlgraves

Wait wat? Is the Rimworld some kind of Prothean artifact? I'd just been assuming it was a normal planet this whole time.

Shinzy

Quote from: carlgraves on July 02, 2015, 05:46:41 PM

Wait wat? Is the Rimworld some kind of Prothean artifact? I'd just been assuming it was a normal planet this whole time.

what, you didn't know?

skullywag

haha amazing. THIS is the response to anyone asking about iron/steel.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Tynan

Hilarious!

But let's please get back on topic thanks.

BBream

New items: Backpack

The mod that contains new item: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12282.msg123935#msg123935

What is 'Backpack'?
As you know, all pawn has own inventory. They usually have food, medicine and silver. But player cannot use this inventory.
Backpack give player way to use inventory; storing Item, changing weapon, apparel, using medicine, eating food...
But backpack doesn't provide additional hauling. I think its implementation make complicated.

What does 'Backpack' looks like in game?

[Pic 1] Backpack Texture
Backpack is apparel item. The colonist can equip this item in accessory slot like personal shield.
If the colonist equip backpack in accessory, then the colonist have additional gizmo. See picture 2.

[Pic 2] Example of backpack gizmo.

'Put in' gizmo provide designator function for storing item into inventory.
'Item icon' gizmo provide function for using item and mini inventory panel. Clicking item icon interact items in inventory.

milon

My art skills are virtually non-existent, but I can write and code and design.  What's this about GenSteps and where would I learn how to work with it? Same for art descriptions, where do I look and how do I learn it? I'd love to contribute where I can.

skullywag

check the map generators xml def, youll see some dll referenced classes in there (for adding geysers etc) best use ilspy to see what the core ones do, but it can do anything you want really...add ruins...add resources...

Lonely Rogue

I have a simple xml boomuffalo mod in the unfinished section of mods. Just look up 'exploding cows!' it just makes a variety of muffalo that explodes, called boomuffalo. I'm just glad it works. It makes the player have to be more careful while hunting, because they look EXACTLY the same. Their leather is the color of a boomrat's, but there isn't any special clothing, I think it just makes muffalo leather clothing, although I'm not sure...
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Tynan

Quote from: DDawgSierra on July 15, 2015, 10:08:04 AM
I have a simple xml boomuffalo mod in the unfinished section of mods. Just look up 'exploding cows!' it just makes a variety of muffalo that explodes, called boomuffalo. I'm just glad it works. It makes the player have to be more careful while hunting, because they look EXACTLY the same. Their leather is the color of a boomrat's, but there isn't any special clothing, I think it just makes muffalo leather clothing, although I'm not sure...

It's a great idea, I'll be doing a fuller version of that for A12. The boomalope.

Vas

I do believe that Embrasures should be a part of the base game.  All it is, is a wall with a hole cut in it for shooting.  So it's not like it's complex or game breaking.  It's just a stronger version of the sand bags.  Personally though, I think it should give the people who shoot from behind it much greater defense, but anyway.

An embrasure is just a wall with a hole in it, no special tech is needed to build such, there's no reason it shouldn't be in the base game.  :P  I mean, if I knew I was gonna be attacked more than once, and was building defenses, I'd build walls with holes in them so I could shoot out from behind cover.  Technically, it doesn't even need to be a research item, cause all you do is not build a part of the wall to make it.

Just something for you to consider.

An advanced embrasure though, could also be nice. (An additional thought before posting)
Where you build it in such a way that you can get your weapon through, and still shoot the enemy within a certain range, but they can't shoot you, or only have a 0.5% chance of hitting you.

Red dots are the hostiles, some are safe, some are not.  Green dot & lines, shooter 1 and his view area, yellow dot and lines is shooter 2 and his view area.  So instead of 360 view, they can only shoot forward and turn the gun a little.

So if you add embrasures to the default game, also consider this please.  :P  This is still very much a tower defense type game really, where the game only increases the enemy hordes over time and makes it so you require more and more fire power or better defenses, that's the only threat in the game other than random nuclear conduit explosions and solar flares that cause game ending starvation in the deepest of the darkest corners of super well protected mountains where solar flares can't get anyway.  :|

The addition of Embrasures to the base game, may get players to actually use colonists more for defense than just sticking up as many turrets as they can.

Quote from: Humort on June 20, 2015, 05:15:25 PMAlso, very much I ask to rename steel into iron. As steel isn't fossil ore.
I know how you feel.  As it stands, steel generates as a steel ore in the game.  Iron doesn't even exist on this planet.  It looks like it'll never change though even though Iron won popular vote.  You can discuss it here (clickable link!) though, might help if more people keep bringing this up.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

skullywag

On embrasures, yes they are technically valid but if used the mod you already know that it makes certain events trivial, warg pack for example. Not sure Tynan wants somethimg that breaks a mechanic of the game. Which is why i reckon itll stay as a mod.