Nominate a mod to be included in RimWorld!

Started by Tynan, May 19, 2015, 12:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Please, don't go off topic with general ideas or advocacy posts about extant mods, thanks.

Still happy to hear from anyone who is specifically working to satisfy anything like the requests in the OP or is thinking of doing so. Or who just wants to discuss mod into vanilla integration specifically.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

mrofa

Quote from: Tynan on June 20, 2015, 08:51:59 PM
You can't dig usable iron out of the ground either. It has to be smelted.

The steel is there because it's actually the ruins of an old building or ship.

Maybe it would better to scavnage it from ruins first, before whole mining stuff, and before anyone tell me about the backgrounds, im pretty sure that while shinzy ends up as a space miner he didnt mine with his fits, unless he was just pressing big buttons :P

Anyways i would like to promote clutter for it but lets face it, it just dont fits as whole :p
But there are 2 things from it that works well with vanilia atleast for me. One is locker for that wierd stuff of changing cloths and the other is a bookshelf for all that stories that i cant get (lazy modders xD)
All i do is clutter all around.

Jaxxa

You are always welcome to implement anything from my mods and some similar things have been implemented in the past (Personal Shields, Mortars using Ammo). Most of my stuff wouldn't really fit in the vanilla game but two things that I think could are:

Powered Vents:
Vents that you are able to toggle on and off to stop or start equalising temperature. I am thinking of being able to give it more power to me able to equalise larger areas faster by having a UI setting that increases the power usage and adds a multiplier to the temperature rate. This trades needing a large number of vents for a large room with a single vent that is using power. (and stops working when you are out of power).

Reverse Cycle Coolers:
In my version it just rotates the building, swamping the cool and hot ends. A popper implementation that I am working on will have a toggle between Cooling/Heating/Both/Off, If heating is enables if the temperature drops too far bellow the target temperature instead of just shutting down heat is moved in the opposite direction of a normal cooler. This avoids needing a separate heater in the room, but with the added issue of making the hallway or wherever the other end is even colder.

Haplo

Here is something simple I'm working on right now: An archery target (joy object)
It comes with it's own motethrower and arrow impact sound.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Tynan

Quote from: Haplo on July 30, 2015, 03:22:23 PM
Here is something simple I'm working on right now: An archery target (joy object)
It comes with it's own motethrower and arrow impact sound.

Very cool. Does the player have to have arrows for it to work?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Haplo

No, right now it works like similiar to the horseshoe pin.
I just have a building requirement of a shortbow integrated to reflect the need for a bow.
Other than that I've just made a changed MoteThrower, added my (bad) graphics and an impact sound and made it rotatable. ;D
As I said: a simple object 8)

Instraat

I wish to have an workbench to repair weapons and clothes...

Jamini

Embrasures would be very nice to see in Vanilla, perhaps with some tweaks from how most mods that feature them to make them less potent against pure melee raids? (Or simply a higher cost/time investment compared to a normal wall or sandbag?)

jacob814

Now ill put my mod up for topic. Glass&Lights
Even though it has very little to do with gameplay, It does have a variation that I think is necessary for more of an asthetic rimworld.
Glass is something I have wanted in rimworld for quite some time as well as another type of light. Im not saying you need ceiling lights but another version of a light would be nice as well.

It would put me out of a "job" if this was added to the game but I would be thrilled.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

PotatoOnStick

Quote from: Instraat on August 01, 2015, 07:35:55 AM
I wish to have an workbench to repair weapons and clothes...

I think this should be possible but as a trade off you should have to pay some material of that weapon/clothing. On top of that i think that the Quality of the item should also go a bit lower if the skill is below a curtain point when repairing it extensively.

Loki88

I don't know why this only just dawned on me now but I noticed that out of all the biomes there isn't an open plains / grasslands biome. Is this intentional with one of the other biomes meant to replace it? I'm posting this here only because I feel the core game would stand to benefit from adding even more biome diversity and I would very much like to see it implemented in to vanilla.  I lack the skill set to do this myself otherwise I would have done it already.

Jamini

Flat temperate and Flat Arid Shrublands tend to fill that biome I believe.

Ectoplasm

Hello, I think ItchyFlea's stonecutting tweak mod should be in vanilla, it adds some basic, but needed, functionality to the stone cutter table! One of those small mods that's invaluable.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10623.msg105054#msg105054

MAD GOD

i see, many people need Atheism

not this crap, like praying, in my world too
who want it - keep it
i want throw this crap away

lyrica56

Quote from: MAD GOD on September 17, 2015, 09:42:01 AM
i see, many people need Atheism

not this crap, like praying, in my world too
who want it - keep it
i want throw this crap away
Be tolerant.
As mod- whatever. But not in vanilla just because of you.