Nominate a mod to be included in RimWorld!

Started by Tynan, May 19, 2015, 12:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacob814

Quote from: lyrica56 on September 17, 2015, 08:00:07 PM
Quote from: MAD GOD on September 17, 2015, 09:42:01 AM
i see, many people need Atheism

not this crap, like praying, in my world too
who want it - keep it
i want throw this crap away
Be tolerant.
As mod- whatever. But not in vanilla just because of you.

I agree. Be tolorant
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Hague

I'd like to see a separate slot for grenades and explosives. Units only carrying grenades and no other weapon is rather silly. Drafted pawns should be able to ground target an area with a context menu for explosives, giving the player more control over splash damage. This would allow a player to have guards with both conventional and immediate EMP ability in the case of mechanoid attacks.

Alistaire

This thread is called "Mod requests for vanilla" because TYNAN asked for certain things to be modded in so they can be added to VANILLA without him having to make them.

It's not "Mod requests for vanilla" so you can request things to be added to vanilla, that's what the entire Suggestions forums is about.

Haplo

Quote from: Tynan on May 19, 2015, 12:15:50 PM
-New GenSteps for map generation. Can you write a GenStep that generates a complex ancient temple underground? Or a devious pirate base?
I've finished a GenStep that uses blueprints to build simple and complex structures.
Right now it builds labyrinths, wells, haciendas, various buildings,...
Because of the blueprint concept with 4 steps: structures, terrain, pawns, items, it is rather flexible and expandable.

Here are a few examples

Coenmcj

Quote from: Haplo on October 04, 2015, 07:21:23 AM
Quote from: Tynan on May 19, 2015, 12:15:50 PM
-New GenSteps for map generation. Can you write a GenStep that generates a complex ancient temple underground? Or a devious pirate base?
I've finished a GenStep that uses blueprints to build simple and complex structures.
Right now it builds labyrinths, wells, haciendas, various buildings,...
Because of the blueprint concept with 4 steps: structures, terrain, pawns, items, it is rather flexible and expandable.

Here are a few examples

Ooh, Think you might want to expect a few people asking to borrow that! I'm expecting someone's gonna expand on that to make some dungeons for their Party pawns to run through and loot.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Haplo

I've written it for ease of use, so if you want to build some dungeons with it, feel free to do so..
If you want to use the code, that is also not a problem, as long as I get the due credit. (Which reminds me, I need to update my source link..) :)
I can also help as long as I have time (which often may be the biggest problem :( )

darkitten

i would like to create a mod and any help is appreciated in both terms of code and criticisms as i intend to only keep a few functions out of the suggested pile.. i would like the mod to function after being toggled via an auto bills tab..

a potential goal:
making all available bills that can be set to 'make until you have' able to be set to 100 and these bills to then be suspended so all you have to do is build a workstation and un-suspend things.

some possibilities:...

1: load saved preset or leave settings as default (on and ready to go), set all bills to: (suspended/un-spended/removed/added/'make quantity'/'make amount')
2. set auto bill on/off.
3. tweak auto bill quantity.
4. set auto bill ordering priority
5. toggle auto de-suspend of bills when an active bill requires a suspended bills producible resource or when it is required in construction
6. revisit the auto bill tab and save a preset of all un-suspended/ suspended 'make untill you have' bills that are applied to current workstations and save averages of duplicate bills as a loadable default template for table creation.

some questions:
1. is a default pre-suspended bill system possible?
2. is this possible as a generalized dynamic mod that applies itself to all unknown mod content utilizing the bill system. so that unknown added bills are modified?

3. toggle ordering the priority of bills based on:   default workstation ordering as it appears when normally looking at the available bills list.
4. toggle ordering the priority of bills based on:   created resource market value if sell-able.
5. toggle ordering the priority of bills based on:   required resources market value if sell-able.
6. toggle ordering the priority of bills based on:   the total quantity of manufactured ingredients of a bill. ie. power armor requires 20 uranium and 20 steel .. the steel can be manufactured using the bill system and thus gives the bill for the power armor a score of 20.

7. global bill list to copy chosen bill across to all  owned workstations of valid type.

please add suggestions i need to sleep ill be back tomorrow and edit the page to make this neat and begin collecting info and setting up GitHub

Fluffy (l2032)

@darkitten, certainly possible, but perhaps you should look at my manager mod?
It does quite a few things similar to what you described; https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16888.0

darkitten

after looking at your manager mod https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16888.0 i see no need to do anything.. i love you and i want your baby

darkitten

since this mod 'manager mod ~ fluffy' is already done i might start on another mod idea i had.. multiplayer

trade storage
~ purchase resources at base value from trade storage of other colonies even other players using the coms console once a trade agreement has been purchased

diplomacy table
~ order hits, send mail, pay silver to form trade agreements, alliances and demand silver in threat of war (unpaid results in send-able raids)

supply storage
~ call resource drop of selected items .. ie trade screen inventory of all allied supply storage's but cost of items is the distance from colony and is always available to allies and new colonies (from diplomacy table)

tunnel entrance
~ troops that enter are frozen, (cryo), until an attack is sent from the coms console at that point a raid will spawn or be qued to spawn attacking the faction you designated when the date of attack sent aligns with the date of the colony or when the date of attack is overdue.. they will spawn as AI with same gear.. extra options are available at a cost ie. standard siege gear.. tunneling.. night raid.. drop pods
.. attack immediately.. priority capture and flee.. blow power conduit.. spawn with mercinaries.. ect.. if possible those that do not die can be returned along with captured enemies.

new colony
~ clicking on world map allows you to choose new location to set up a colony within 10 squares of the existing colony.. the new colony  will spawn with the occupants of the 'tunnel entrance' the current map is saved and a new map generated by a chosen name at the set location.. then the tunnel kills the stored colonists as-if they have traveled. these colonists can build a supply storage for like 10 chunks =P .. and bingo a new colony.. switching between the colonies is also done via the world map with automated loading/saving on switch.. enemy (including other human players show on this map)

i know how i can do it np its just allot of time to learn how to do all this but ill get started as i have 2 years of free time =).. it will involve a sync client that communicates inventories, statistics, mail, the mods list, difficulty and ai settings, colony locations, armies..ect and all events will be delayed by a day's travel so should be no lag..

to win you must out score the combined enemy nations have gone to space, have 10 colonies with 10 people in each

a score based on: consistent ai storyteller (time spent as original selection) > number of reloads (earlier game auto/main saves loaded of any particular colony when in mp game) > difficulty level (time spent as original selection) > number of enemy colonies destroyed > .. colonies that have gone to space > colonists in space > number of colonies with 10 people > age of a colony all these contribute to score displayed on the history graph and in turn declare the winner of the map.

milon

^ You should have a look at Enhanced Development:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=15606.0
Check out the other mods in the Releases subforum. There's been quite a lot done.

Also, let's try to get back on topic. This thread is for nominating existing mods to be included in vanilla.

zekevalentine

A mod to make it so you can expand your colony out from the crash site would be great. It bugs me that a whole world is generated but you can only colonize a single cell of it.

Another mod that would be great; An endless mode. Although you would need the mod I had suggested above to do it since you'd run out of resources; which brings me to the next mod which would also fix that problem.

A mod to dig under-ground, Then you'd have more of an unlimited supply of resources. Also it would allow the use of caves (which could be used to spawn mobs)

Also fishing and beaches would be nice.

Being able to take the people you sent to space and reuse them in a new game ( must be on a new world ) would be pretty cool, so then all your work doesn't feel wasted when you beat the game ( if you don't like the idea of an endless mode )

Toggle

Quote from: zekevalentine on November 29, 2015, 03:38:32 PM
A mod to make it so you can expand your colony out from the crash site would be great. It bugs me that a whole world is generated but you can only colonize a single cell of it.

The post before this is literally the moderater saying this thread is for nominating mods other people made to be included in base game based off what Tynan gave as guidelines. Please, seriously, post only if it's actually relevant. Don't suggest ideas.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Shinzy

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on November 29, 2015, 08:59:03 PM
Quote from: zekevalentine on November 29, 2015, 03:38:32 PM

The post before this is literally the moderater saying this thread is for nominating mods other people made to be included in base game based off what Tynan gave as guidelines. Please, seriously, post only if it's actually relevant. Don't suggest ideas.

You know people don't read anything besides the title most of the time
and the title on this is very misleading without any context

Eleazar

There was a very simply mod that colors the lower portion of the pawn the color of the pants.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10691.msg108161#msg108161

It is extremely useful to be able to tell naked from shirtless pawns on sight.  I find the aesthetics much preferable.

And If I can nominate my own, Individual Appearance takes existing graphics and gives different pawns noticably different faces. (not updated to v12, but it is just a graphics replacement).

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9505.0