Nominate a mod to be included in RimWorld!

Started by Tynan, May 19, 2015, 12:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JKTD1919

This is something I'd really like to see done in vanilla, or in a mod. No idea how to code this myself, so I'm putting it here. I also put it in suggestions.

If a colonist is preparing to walk a long way (for instance, from the fields to the base at night, or back in the morning) could you have them look around a bit for anything that could be hauled in that direction while they're at it? I find myself harvesting a lot of corn, just for it to sit there, because hauling rarely reaches the top of my colonists' priorities. This would at least make it so SOME of it reaches the refrigerator, and so debris and steel from mines actually make it to stockpiles instead of sitting around in my mountain base until used.

The best way I could see doing this is by adding a restriction; in addition to "Anything," "Work," "Joy," and "Sleep," add "Haul," which prioritizes hauling over other work/joy/rest activities. You could set hauling to happen the first hour and the last hour a colonist is awake.

There are probably better ways than that, though! I challenge you!
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

Sir Luther

maybe you should put mount animal option into the game i find the colonist movement rather slow when outside,it takes time to haul resource from cargo pod

Toggle

Once again, this is a thread to

integrate mods into vanilla

not suggest stuff.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Faythe

I would like to see a mod that would restrict what animals eat.  I hate it when I make fine meals and find that my husky eat them when hauling things through the freezer. So if I could restrict the animals to eat either hay or raw meat instead of the meals (or in the case of having the garden mod up animal chow).

A Friend

Man, the title for this one needs to change to: Existing mods that could be integrated for Vanilla
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Toggle

Quote from: A Friend on January 26, 2016, 11:24:22 AM
Man, the title for this one needs to change to: Existing mods that could be integrated for Vanilla

Doubt it could do much good. I literally said it in large, bright, yellow text, and then someone does the same thing.

Don't post mod suggestions here.
Post EXISTING MODS to integrate into vanilla.

catter

How about laser weapons? This is a future game and I created a mod like that. I must warn you though if you do want it, you must re-code it to your latest version! Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/irw2slq3n70kajw/Laser%20Tech.zip?dl=0

Hope you like it!  ;D

lude

Designate Priority Haul A9
currently being worked on to be A12 (not by me) attributed license is "Modders feel free to use the code as you like"
it was from before when licenses were mandatory.

Will edit thread when there is an update.

VeinMiner

Tool for the haul. (Backpacks and carts, carts are mountable on big animals like Muffalos but also any colonist.

Rimworld Manager (integrated perhaps with a VIP system where the colony decrees/funds it's own set of laws/rules, needing a major, militia captain and somesuch, perhaps removing the need for more than one orbital relay for trade by making a VIP that gets an extra job to count stuff for trade)

Animal Manager (one tab of it + rw manager)

Apparellos and Clutter, tho these kind of mods may make the game too big

Seeds please, tho overkill as well

AllenWL

I think ichyflea's stonecutting tweak will be a great mod to add to vanilla.
It allows setting separate bills for stonecutting such as 'make granite bricks'
It might not seem like much, but this means you can actually have colonists make mixed types stone bricks with precise amounts, unlike the previous bill 'make stone bricks' where you had to more or less remove all ingredients other then one type of stone brick, then constantly hope you don't get random bricks messing up your bill.

It's very small and simple, very useful, and it hasn't been changed a bit since it came out. I mean, the A9 version still works for A12 just fine.

I think it'll be simple to add, but enhance gameplay a lot.

Toggle

Quote from: AllenWL on February 24, 2016, 03:32:06 AM
I think ichyflea's stonecutting tweak will be a great mod to add to vanilla.
It allows setting separate bills for stonecutting such as 'make granite bricks'
It might not seem like much, but this means you can actually have colonists make mixed types stone bricks with precise amounts, unlike the previous bill 'make stone bricks' where you had to more or less remove all ingredients other then one type of stone brick, then constantly hope you don't get random bricks messing up your bill.

It's very small and simple, very useful, and it hasn't been changed a bit since it came out. I mean, the A9 version still works for A12 just fine.

I think it'll be simple to add, but enhance gameplay a lot.
I'm pretty sure how it works currently in vanilla is a bug/unintended, so this is a very good idea.

mrofa

Dat would be nice in vanilia, coded by someone that know what he is doing :D
Currently example resides in clutter structure module
All i do is clutter all around.

AllenWL

uh... what's the image supposed to be?

Toggle

Yeah I'm not sure either. I'm guessing the little dents in the wall by the door so it looks like the door is entering the wall instead of disappearing?

forumaccount

Quote from: Alistaire on May 26, 2015, 04:08:49 PM
26/5: I spent the evening adding some /TaleDefs/Tales_Misc.xml for mining and crafting.
The lines with an additional Tab were added by me.

27/5: I included some global rulepack defs into the sentences and added some for murder.

<li>circumstance_phrase->in a traiterous rage</li>

Traitorous! These are very cool though. Poetic really!
Steam Workshop destroys modding communities. Don't let your town become a megastore's parking lot!

mrofa

Quote from: AllenWL on March 11, 2016, 06:58:28 PM
uh... what's the image supposed to be?

2,5 side doors with 2 diffrent set of textures for each side
All i do is clutter all around.