Nominate a mod to be included in RimWorld!

Started by Tynan, May 19, 2015, 12:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lance789

Topper

Rikki's Caveworld Flora
Mipen's Droids (or Haplo's Robots)
Fluffy's Cats!
** Ichyflea's Extended Woodworking **
IchyFlea's Right tool for the Job
Marnador's More vanilla Turrets
Skullywag's (or Telkir's) Extend Fabric/Reclaim Fabric

BlueWinds

I'd like to nominate AllowTool. So simple, so useful.

Quote from: Topper on August 16, 2016, 03:28:16 PM

These are the sorts of things I don't want to see in vanilla - they add so many items that things start to feel cluttered. They're great mods for people that like them, but I'd prefer to see them stay as mods (even though I use several of them myself!).

teser

I know the op say's to nominate content mods but I've really been enjoying Achtung! (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22130.0).  It makes controlling your colonist in combat so much simpler and intuitive I can't imagine playing without it now.  It also adds a couple other really nice much needed features like right clicking a room to clean it or fully roof it.

Topper

Quote from: BlueWinds on August 16, 2016, 05:41:46 PM
I'd like to nominate AllowTool. So simple, so useful.

Quote from: Topper on August 16, 2016, 03:28:16 PM

These are the sorts of things I don't want to see in vanilla - they add so many items that things start to feel cluttered. They're great mods for people that like them, but I'd prefer to see them stay as mods (even though I use several of them myself!).

Woodworking just makes trees have different colors of wood like chunks do. It should have been added to the game like in alpha4.. I guess the others have multiple items but I cant imagine playing without cleaning/hauling bots and the military grade double turret. These are like an "endgame" for rimworld..

PartyCowboy

Maybe you can include the mod that has the most subs on steam?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: PartyCowboy on August 17, 2016, 05:28:11 AM

Bad user .. don't use the S-Word.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Topper

No that will be like the "Pawns with realistic gentiles" mod

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Topper on August 18, 2016, 02:25:23 AM
No that will be like the "Pawns with realistic gentiles" mod

Well, considering that the pawns have no legs .. i would like to see that one too :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

JaxelT

Extended Storage. Makes stockpiles look so much nicer and hold more. Also Hospitality and the Work/Medical/etc. Tab mods.

Zalzany

Just say you want the Expanded Prosthetic and Organ Harvesting mod, that is the most popular on steam. I vote for a lessor of that, bionics should be imported just don't have the resources, or equipment to even begin building high end bionics while in a wild frontier colony. But making you craft your peg legs, as well as introducing wooden foot, hook hands and what not isn't a bad idea, or even the generic weak prosthetic limbs after you research more. I mean making my own bionics seems a bit much but idea of crafting my own hook hand, and generic low grade prosthetic isn't bad. I mean these days you got the cash for a 3d printer you can make your own modern day prosthetic.

Also the surgery increase isn't bad at all reusing some one elses legs and arms not realistic, but stealing an eyeball in world where I can fit a 14 year old girl's lung in a 60 year old man with no problems if the doc doesn't mess up, why not their eyeballs? Sure the eye color doesn't exactly match up and vision may not be 20/20 but its no more awkard then one hawkeye bionic eye, and other one half blind.

Igabod

Crafting Hysteresis makes bills pause until a low stock value is met and then resumes them. It is here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24806.0

Haze2

Without such simple thing as a DOORMAT I can't imagine playnig Rimworld comfortably:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11171.msg111223#msg111223

Another mods for fixing bones, scars, internal organs etc. are also important/necessary, but doormats are simple and definitely a must.

kasnavada

I'd nominate any mod where you can harvest noses & ears. But only the part that actually harvest those. The rest of the mod can be left as a mod IMO.

Another mod however which I deem completely necessary : petfollow.

Coercion

While not what you asked for, I think this should be vanilla:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=753277204&searchtext=sandbag