Nominate a mod to be included in RimWorld!

Started by Tynan, May 19, 2015, 12:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperSuit12

Realistic Darkness, EPOE, A Dog Said, and Improved Surgery.
Also, More Vanilla Turrets. I really like the gun complex, add something like that at least!

captainradish

I'd go for the more fleshed out version of the Ocean biome mod and the fishing industry mod. I really want to be able to build a colony on pylons far out in the water and survive on fish.

Alpha393

EPOE. Please. Maybe some of glitter tech too? Specifically the OCP.

wheatbyproducts

Fish Industry adds several types of fish to the early game, as well as aquaculture to the late game. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13172.msg133445#msg133445.

These options make large water sources much more useful, and aquaculture + hydroponics in the late game also has tremendous synergy.

samuk190

I vote for rimfridge and miscellanium mods.
I also give a thumb up to redistheat and Phi multiplayer.

Please tynan read this...  Must have mods, everyone must have this mods '-'

KevinHann

CK - Animal & Plant Pack
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26265.0

I am surprised there aren't more voices for this one. It literally transforms the game and adds a layer in visuals and gameplay. It is obviously WIP but my experience with it suggests if/when complete, it can truly diversify the biomes in a meaningful, in depth way.

It made me feel I am struggling against the jungle for real, it added immersion and variety in exactly the areas I think the vanilla game is lacking atm. I don't think I can revert to vanilla tropical rainforest now, it would just feel bland.

If you are looking for a mod that truly adds value on multiple levels, you simply must consider this one.

Rock5

Quote from: KevinHann on November 24, 2016, 11:16:11 AM
CK - Animal & Plant Pack
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26265.0

I am surprised there aren't more voices for this one. It literally transforms the game and adds a layer in visuals and gameplay. It is obviously WIP but my experience with it suggests if/when complete, it can truly diversify the biomes in a meaningful, in depth way.

It made me feel I am struggling against the jungle for real, it added immersion and variety in exactly the areas I think the vanilla game is lacking atm. I don't think I can revert to vanilla tropical rainforest now, it would just feel bland.

If you are looking for a mod that truly adds value on multiple levels, you simply must consider this one.
Basically your mod just looks like more content. I think more content can be added later or a bit at a time which I guess is what Tynan has been doing.

That said, I really like that the rain forest doesn't just have a lot of trees but it seriously impairs movement. It's sort of the upper extreme where you have no trees on the icecaps and impenetrable trees on the other. Otherwise there is not much difference between Tropical Rain Forests and other forests.

So I vote for seriously thicker rain forests. :)
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Thundercraft

I'm sure that I'm not the first, but I wish to nominate Combat Realism to be added to the base game.

Perhaps it would be controversial to add the whole thing, particularly the new turrets it adds. But, at the least, I would suggest that Tynan take a look at CR's health system rebalance and other modifications it makes to combat mechanics. The Achtung system is handy, too.

After trying it a while and uninstalling, I really miss it. And I really hesitate to start a new game without it.

Iluvatar

Hello, a simple mod that add a other option for prisoner is PrisonerRansom.
I can not find it on this forum but its on steam workshop. I found that mod a good midkarma option between evilishly sell them to a slaver or harvest their organ and let them free like a hippie.

cainiao

I think most dllmod that improve QOL and reduce micro should add into core, included but not limit to:

Allow tool
Better path finding
Extended crafting
JTExport
JTZonebutton
JTMoreArea
Medical Tab
Wildlife Tab
Numbers

Sola

"Look at me, I'm the worker now".

Replaces "reserved by" status if you want to prioritize, and allows non-doctors to treat patients without the need to go through the hoops of drafting, enabling doctoring, prioritizing, then un-doctoring.
Two tiers of construction jobs.  One for expensive/quality items, and one for walls/floors/etc.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28669.0

Rock5

Quote from: Sola on December 06, 2016, 08:03:50 PM
"Look at me, I'm the worker now".

Replaces "reserved by" status if you want to prioritize, and allows non-doctors to treat patients without the need to go through the hoops of drafting, enabling doctoring, prioritizing, then un-doctoring.
I agree. The work tab settings should only apply to what the colonist does automatically. If you manually tell them to do something it should override their assigned tasks. You shouldn't need to change their assigned tasks to manually get them to do a job.

Foreman: "Jack, I need someone to move this food into the freezer. Could you just stop what you're doing at the moment and move them?"

Jack: "Sorry, but I've been assigned Research only."

Foreman: "For crying out loud, all right then I'm assigning you to hauling. Now haul this food."

Jack: "You got it boss."

Foreman: "Good..... Now where are you going?"

Jack: "Do some more hauling."

Foreman: "Stop. I assign you back to Research. Get to it."

Jack: "Sure boss."
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Trblz42

I've used a bunch of mods but some are OP others are not worth mentioning. Here are my candidates for Vanilla

UI enhancements

• Work Tab
  • Animal Tab
  • Quality Builder - set minimal quality for a furniture
  • StoneTweak - allows different queues per stone type

• Crafting Hysteresis
    • Feed The Colonist
    • Replace The Walls

AI logic improvements that cuts on the tedious jobs of managing a colony

• Colony Manager
    • Hand Me That Brick

tough one thing strikes me odd in the game: if you buy/find bionic parts but have not researched it, how can you successfully use it in surgery? There should be a research tree and/or skill level that also impacts the use of objects more than currently the case.

There are other nice mods, that boost the usefulness of some in-game features.

• EPOE
    • A dog said
    • Tilled Soil
    • Hospitality
    • WattSun
    • Day/Night Switch
    • RT fuse

Other mods that improve/change looks or adds tons of features (weapons, plants, furniture...) should be left up to people. Some like the ancient look / mars look / punk look / ... but others just want to keep it simple.

Don't panic and carry a towel

bentobox

I think, EPOE , A Dog Said are a must..
Along with all the convenience mods to fix the current UI that is lacking some polish,{ Animals Tab, Wildlife Tab , Quality Builder, Blue Prints, Stonecutting Tweak, Allow Tool... }

One that has not been mentioned is https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=739305991
I find this mod, very nice tweak to the current view of the pawns.
It just needs some more information, like bleeding, freezing,overheating,tired.