Need help with new BodyDef

Started by mipen, May 24, 2015, 07:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mipen

So I've just finished writing my new BodyDef for my droids, but it isn't working at all like I would have thought. The biggest issue I have at the moment is that when the mod is active, any amount of damage causes any pawn to die instantly ( I have centipedes being one-shot by a pistol ) I have tested this with and without the mod active and it only happens when it is active. As it didn't happen before I added the BodyDef I am 100% sure that something that something from the BodyDef is causing this; either a Capacity, BodyPart, BodyPartGroup or the BodyDef itself although I don't see how these would influence anything. The second issue is that the droids are now incredibly fast, like three times the speed of a normal colonist. I haven't changed the movement speed stat, so it is still the same as normal humans. If anyone has experience with new BodyDefs, could you please lend me a hand? :D

EDIT: I've found the insta-death thing was caused by the new capacity defs I have added. My problem now is that it seems I can't add pawn capacities for my droids without having them also added to every other pawn :( Does anyone have any experience with this?

EDIT 2: So I've fixed the problems by completely removing my pawn capacity defs and using vanilla ones in their place. But this isn't ideal and I was looking forward to having robot related capacities for the droids. Does anyone know how to add them without them affecting other pawns?