suggestion : are prisoners not supposed to use joy furnitures?

Started by keylocke, May 31, 2015, 06:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

i've been building joy stuff into prison rooms hoping it would keep the prisoners busy enough so they don't try to raep hump attack each other to bits.

but i don't seem to see them using it. i guess it's probably coz they don't have "joy" in their lives (maybe that's why they're so ornery.)

suggestion : let the prisoners use joy stuff that are placed in prison rooms. also, maybe add more "joy" stuff that can actually train skills.

ie :
exercise gear : trains melee.
virtual shooting sim : trains shooting

Adamiks

+1 i was a little sad when Tynan removed joy system for prisoners. I had all kinds of joy buildings in my prison ;D

Keychan

Yeah Tynan did remove the need for joy.  I thought a bit about this.  It would make sense for prisoners to have something to occupy their time, people eventually go insane from doing nothing.  Joy devices could have alleviate the crucial need for a warden and help recruit them.  On the other hand, prisoners are prisoners.  You're not there to give them a pampered life.  Their fate is either, cannibal food, body parts, slave money, social training slave, or potential colonist.  I did like making a fun room for my prisoners though, it was a shame it was removed, but I guess since there was a lack of joy activities early game for them, being trapped in a room prevents strolls, stargazing, etc, they could be a bit too rowdy.

Adamiks

Quote from: Keychan on May 31, 2015, 05:20:02 PM
Yeah Tynan did remove the need for joy.  I thought a bit about this.  It would make sense for prisoners to have something to occupy their time, people eventually go insane from doing nothing.  Joy devices could have alleviate the crucial need for a warden and help recruit them.  On the other hand, prisoners are prisoners.  You're not there to give them a pampered life.  Their fate is either, cannibal food, body parts, slave money, social training slave, or potential colonist.  I did like making a fun room for my prisoners though, it was a shame it was removed, but I guess since there was a lack of joy activities early game for them, being trapped in a room prevents strolls, stargazing, etc, they could be a bit too rowdy.

Good point. Prisoners should have new kind of "joy need". For example they wouldn't go crazy without TV (less efficient "- joy debuffs") and they would be more happy for TV (more efficient "+ joy debuffs"). And i think that prisoners with organ harvested/prisoner killed debuffs shouldn't be happy after watching TV (but this part isn't so cheap in modding).

MrWiggles

Well honestly, there a whole slew of stuff that the Dev can do with prisoners, and it would be a valid route.

Like why not make work gangs, why not accept prisoners from out side sources for monies?