Auto avoid enemies

Started by Stealth, May 24, 2015, 06:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kegereneku

Quote from: TLHeart on May 29, 2015, 01:59:48 PM
[...]
Again it is about MACRO management of the colony.
[...]
Some people want an easy to play game. I do not want it to be easy. Events need to upset your plans, and activities, and force you to respond, to make HARD decisions, that affect the survivability of the colonists and the colony as a whole. Otherwise it just becomes another boring simulation game, where what the player does has little impact upon the outcome.

Just to say.
1) This is precisely MACRO management to give a global order to stay at safe place or avoid selected danger-zone.
2) I disagree that such things will make the game easier, on the opposite it would be what allow you to take more risk than you would by drafting everybody to safety.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

RickyMartini

This topic is going to have a better ground for discussion when A11 comes out, trust me guys... toxic fallout....

Play2Jens

QuoteStarted work on arbitrary area restrictions for colonists: basics, designators, icons, drawing, selection for colonists, coloring, feedback on inspect pane.
It's there, guys. Case is closed for now  ;D

Adamiks

He heard us! ;D

All praise the Tynan Christ!

Stealth

Quote from: Kegereneku on May 29, 2015, 07:44:15 AM
That's not what a strawman is...
You are acting like an entitled person in that you act as if what you want is more importance than other's, or compromise.
To get back on more friendly base. Since everyone is stating what he want to see accomplished on the "keep non-drafted pawn safe" topic, you now know that some of us still want non-drafted pawn who don't
care about being at shooting range of an enemy.

Where do you get this from? When did I imply that what I want is more important? When did I reject someone's idea. You put words in my mouth then argue point. THAT is strawman

Quote from: Play2Jens on May 29, 2015, 07:35:30 PM
QuoteStarted work on arbitrary area restrictions for colonists: basics, designators, icons, drawing, selection for colonists, coloring, feedback on inspect pane.
It's there, guys. Case is closed for now  ;D

Link or it never happened!

Quote from: TLHeart on May 29, 2015, 08:57:31 AM
Quote from: Stealth on May 29, 2015, 02:16:42 AM
Quote from: TLHeart on May 28, 2015, 10:57:47 PM
As I said, adamiks, I can see how people who play at speed 3 could need a danger zone.

I also see the problem from other posts, about I set that job 2 or three days ago.... yep cueing up more jobs than they can do leads to not knowing what is going on.

The thread has went from the title of Auto avoid, to a user defined area, big difference from auto avoid. 

And I stated I can see why you want a user defined danger zone. I still won't use it, as I don't need it.

Yes I play at speed 1, as I enjoy the small things that happen. The game is not all about how quick I can construct a colony, and how many raids I can survive in an hour.... And Yes I have the time to play that way.

Different play styles for different people. 

Stealth,

there is ONE and ONLY one programmer, and that is a limited resource, and an OPTIONAL idea takes time to implement, debug, adjust due to community feed back, debug, finalize....

I would rather see the time spent on expanded events, and interactions with the other factions.

Again it's always what YOU want.Look in the mirror Stealth All features are optional. Just because you don't want it, there are others that do. Like i said, the dev himself said he wanted to add it... You think expanded events and faction interactions won't have a testing period as well?  I can bet it would  be even longer so what's your point?

Also i said auto avoid in the title but w/e accomplishes this is fine. A danger zone would. Allow users to set their own restricted zone which can be good for many reasons.

If tynan said he wants to add this feature, show the quote from tynan. I have never seen such a quote.

I bolded where I again said, I can see where some people want it. 

Here I will say it again,

A user defined zone, that you the player must define the size of, define the area of, turn on or off, for some people is a good option, based upon their play style.  This is NOT auto avoid. This makes the player have to think about the area.

And yes we both make our ideas about ourselves.

I'm making a suggestion, YOU'RE turning it down because YOU don't like it. In case you didn't notice, this is the SUGGESTION sub-forum so you're SUPPOSED to suggest things. There are other people that want this too but you seem to be the only one who doesn't so I don't need to be looking in any hypothetical mirror bud...\

Here's the quote you asked for...

Quote from: Tynan on May 11, 2015, 02:12:47 AM
I've had the desire for a long time now to have them avoid this sort of thing. But it's a tricky AI problem to say the least. There's significant geometric analysis that has to be done on a changing situation. So it just hasn't been addressed so far.

Link if you don't believe me...

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12994.0

Satisfied?

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Adamiks on May 30, 2015, 12:19:48 AM
He heard us! ;D

All praise the Tynan Christ!

Praise the Godeveloper!
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here